What's new

Pakistan conducts a successful test flight of indigenously developed Fatah-1, Guided Multi Launch Rocket System

Indian members rejoicing on size of explosion at impact please note that explosive warhead is not included in test and impact doesn't have to be right on top of flag... A 5m2 CEP is extremely accurate and extremely deadly when u put exploding warhead on top

It appears that there was not an explosive warhead on the missile due to testing/safety purposes, if there was the explosion would have easily leveled the flag.
Benefits of this missile system is immense.

1) Shoot and scoot capability. The missile system is mobile. Thus it can launch and move to a safer location to hide or relaunch more missiles.

2. Multiple missiles carried. Between 4-8 missiles are carried on the truck.

3. The time it take to restock the missiles on MRLS systems is very quick usually only a few minutes.

Destroying Indian forward air bases now will be simply a video game clicking various buttons. We wont have to sacrafice any of our pilots or slow moving babur missiles :D until the indian air defences/bases are destroyed first.

Impressed with the launch speed. Is there any official Mach figure?

It's a tactical nightmare for the Indian army, no field commander will commit suicide by moving his forces near to border until it is taken down. Indians can use Brahmos but Fatah is mobile which will most probably be shooting and scouting, so the only viable option is to deploy those Apaches and Jaguars which will be easy prey for Pakistani SAMS

Testing of Fatah-1 By Pakistan and Laser Technology
congratulations to all Pakistani (patriotics only).
I heard India has no such technologies. Pakistan have also developed several Lased based weapons that will secure both eastern and western borders of Pakistan.
Long Live Pakistan. Crush all anti-Pakistan elements.

Just for keeping things in perspective, what 140 km look like
Note: Distances are from major cities, IB is much closer in most cases.

Qasur to Halwara Airforce station ~ 120 km

Lahore to Adampur Airforce station ~ 125 km

Shakargarh to Pathankot Airforce station ~ 45 km

Murree to Srinagar Airforce station ~ 130 km

Haveli Lakha to Bhatinda Airforce station ~ 100 km

Berwala to Sirsa Airforce station ~ 140 km

Fort Abbas to Bikaner Airforce station ~ 130 km

I can go on but I think the point is clear :)

@HRK @Zulfiqar @Maarkhoor please comment on accuracy. For a PGM thats supposed to take out S-400 trucks it appears the rocket didnt land close enough to intended target.

@HRK @Zulfiqar @Maarkhoor please comment on accuracy. For a PGM thats supposed to take out S-400 trucks it appears the rocket didnt land close enough to intended target.
Test rockets generally don't carry actual payload; therefore, you don't see a huge fire ball after impact. Secondly, rockets are not like bullets, anything within 15 m radius is destroyed or rather unusable.

bhai any rocket which could land with in 3-4 meters circle is considered deadly accurate and as per video it is my estimate that impact was within 2-3 meter so FATAH-I is as accurate as any other highly accurate MLRS in the world could be .....

China’s PHL-03A long-range rocket system hits sea target

PHL-03A 300mm long-range rocket launcher
According to the National Defense Military Channel of China Central Radio and Television, Li Wentao, commander of a remote fire battalion under a brigade of the 79th Group Army in the Northern Theater of the Chinese Army, recently led the long-range rocket launcher battalion to successfully complete the 79th Group Army’s quarterly live-fire exercise strikes against moving targets at sea.

From the video released with the report, it can be seen that multiple 300mm long-range rockets launched by the battalion successfully hit the target ship traveling on the sea and completely destroyed the target ship. This is the first public video of the Chinese army using far fire to attack moving targets on the sea surface.
It can be found from public reports the main battle equipment of the 79th Group Army’s long-range rocket artillery battalion is still mainly PHL-03A 300mm long-range rocket launchers, of which the overall technical source and tactical performance is similar to that of the Russian Army’s 9K58/БM-30 “Tornado” 300mm rocket launcher.
It is also inferred that the specifications of PHL-03A 300mm long-range rocket launcher should be similar to that of the “Fire Dragon-140” 300mm rocket for export that was exhibited at the Zhuhai Air Show. So its actual combat range should be 130 to 150 kilometers, and when using the kill blasting cluster warhead, its nominal damage radius is about 100 meters, and it lacks terminal guidance capabilities and high-precision guidance components.

PHL-16 370mm long-range rocket launcher
As the successor of the PHL-03 rocket launcher, PHL-16 long-range rocket launcher can launch a variety of rockets and missiles. The effective range of PHL-16 300mm guided rockets is 150 kilometers, and when launching 370mm guided rockets, it can reach up to 300 kilometers, while launching 750mm short-range ballistic missiles or cruise missiles would ensure a longer range and higher accuracy, and It is rumored to be able to strike 400 km away with an error of no more than 10 meters.

Bro it is perfect since it would be fired in a salvo at one target further test was conducted without live warhead and if they use live warhead target would be in pieces.

yaap more than 120 KM A-100, so the question is

Is it the version of enhance range version of A-100 and IF it is then Why increase the range to just 20 KM ... ??

OR Is it derived from Nasar Missile which in its final version have range of 70 KM and as we are aware that Nuclear warhead of Nasr was supposedly heavier then other conventional warhead so by converting warhead of Nasar Missile to lighter conventional warhead is the basis of new MLRS .... ????

BUT in any case indigenous MLRS was in work from some time in fact I think from more than 5 years or so .... so this disclosure is a welcome development

Do you know the weight of nuclear warhead of Nasr!!

well, as much as my knowledge and information, Pakistan has reached the level of miniturisation, which is only achieved by few, i mean, the only the top one.
Therefore, I don't think the weight would be an issue if they would want to use Nasr at advancing troops.
It would depend on how many they want to kill in just one strike and how far away.

Back
Top Bottom