What's new

Pakistan conducts a successful test flight of indigenously developed Fatah-1, Guided Multi Launch Rocket System

Artillery is taken care of now ... drone program is also under development in project Azm won't take long to induct it ..... supersonic cruise missile and anti ship ballistic missile is also under development Pakistan has come a long way in developing missiles from NASAR to Fatah ... I wonder where are Indians probably looking for something they can compare with Fatah 1 but they don't have anything yet ......
We need much smaller easily disposable preprogrammable self targeting drones

Congrats everyone, with the induction of Fatah-1, this will now place Nasr missile higher up in the escalation ladder, giving the Military planners more space to maneuver. I'm also hoping Pakistan is in the works for an indigenous multi swarm drone launcher vehicles program.. this should put Bharti wet dreams of cold start finally to rest..

Last edited:
well, as much as my knowledge and information, Pakistan has reached the level of miniturisation, which is only achieved by few, i mean, the only the top one.
Therefore, I don't think the weight would be an issue if they would want to use Nasr at advancing troops.
It would depend on how many they want to kill in just one strike and how far away.
I know the Nasr use miniaturised war head but it does not mean that miniaturised warhead weight same as conventional warhead of MLRS ..... so estimated weight of NASR warhead by different sources are different, so it is difficult to tell which one is correct but one thing is correct and that thing is that the tactical nuclear warhead of Nasr weights more than conventional warhead used in MLRS system with similar Dimensions.

bhai any rocket which could land with in 3-4 meters circle is considered deadly accurate and as per video it is my estimate that impact was within 2-3 meter so FATAH-I is as accurate as any other highly accurate MLRS in the world could be .....
Bro it is perfect since it would be fired in a salvo at one target further test was conducted without live warhead and if they use live warhead target would be in pieces.
Well we have been spoiled by turkish footage from their drones and other TV guided ones which seem to knock at the door of drivers compartment, but I guess in salvo these would cause sufficient damage, plus these would have larger warheads than what carried by drones.

Any idea on what kind of guidance is present? GPS type or something more dynamic like live Electro/optical or IR picture matching sort.

So, I have tried to find guesstimate of terminal velocity from the footage. Assuming different values for the length of the rocket itself. What do you guys think?

1610038035974.png

Any idea on what kind of guidance is present? GPS type or something more dynamic like live Electro/optical or IR picture matching sort.
As no information is available therefore difficult to tell but generally these type of systems use combination of GPS and INS so in our case we might be using Chinese Beidou System instead of GPS withe the combination of INS

Congrats everyone, with the induction of Fatah-1, this will now place Nasr higher up in the escalation ladder, giving the Military planners more space to maneuver. I'm also hoping Pakistan is in the works for an indigenous multi swarm drone launcher vehicles program.. this should put Bharti wet dreams of cold start finally to rest..

Don't worry, that "Cold Start" long gone in to the "Cold Storage".

The way the world is moving towards drones and UAVs which are much smaller versions of traditional flying aircraft yet they are potent in a new way, I expect such an evolution is due in the domain of missiles... and Fatah-1 is just on point; a small, inexpensive and precise rocket that you can launch in scores.

Now you can launch a surprise attack on your enemy and destroy their airports, ammunition depots, grid-stations, fuel-storage locations and mechanised caravans while they were 100s kilometres deep inside the border without giving missile defence systems a chance.

I've tried to calculate the speed of the rocket (in a crude way) and looks like it is between Mach 3-5. Is that a fair estimation?
Just curious about ur estimation of the speed...
...wouldn't u need some sort of a reference to get an idea of how many pixels represent how much distance? Like some real world object being present for which the dimensions are known.
...also how did u figure out the fps of the video?
Pakistan needs a precision ballistic missile system similar to the Israeli Lora or Russian Sikander... Ie capable of strike upto 400km in Indian territory.

This is still a good weapon tho. Longer range than Nasr.
If Pakistan made a missile...like Israeli Lora...and named it that...
...the name...and the shape :rofl:
...then aiming that thing at India...it would be love jihad at a whole new level :D

Last edited:
@HRK @Zulfiqar @Maarkhoor please comment on accuracy. For a PGM thats supposed to take out S-400 trucks it appears the rocket didnt land close enough to intended target.
That all depends upon what type of munition will be used within the rocket. This video has only demonstrated that the rocket can go that much long distance.....not the different types of munitions that can be stuffed inside that rocket...that is the main thing which our enemies should be worried about....

Taking an example, if this rocket is having something like DP ICM or cluster ammo, the result can be disastrous over a wide area...
  • They can give a heavy, indirect-fire cannon the ability to engage area targets, with the spread compensating for their inherent inaccuracy;
  • With DPICM, artillery can be used against armored and mechanized formations with greater effect, being capable of destroying armor without having to resort to PGMs;
  • Due to their combined spread and airburst, they are more capable against dug-in troops than conventional HE rounds.
It's a tactical nightmare for the Indian army, no field commander will commit suicide by moving his forces near to border until it is taken down. Indians can use Brahmos but Fatah is mobile which will most probably be shooting and scouting, so the only viable option is to deploy those Apaches and Jaguars which will be easy prey for Pakistani SAMS
We, as an army, know very well which all important Indian assets, both static and mobile, are within 140 kms range of the border.... Indian will have to make a major effort, such as camo, move, re-locate, passive and active defences... in order to safeguard their own assets.

This is just eye wash we have a very good surprise for ENDIAn s400 and just the hint the range of those MLRS are way longer than the one we are discussing about here.

Back
Top Bottom