What's new

Pakistan coast-defence missile systems

it is not C602A. A similar export version called C-802A was also developed and is being carried by PAF JF-17.
a land based version has be co-developed with range of 150-180KM.

Any proof that it is indigenous???? It may be a cbinese c602 anti ship missile

C602 is limited to 280KM due to MTCR..But could be that Chinese delivered the know how under table..so we developed kits to extend the range of C602 imported from China..

Here here. 5 years after this thread, Pakistan developed their own.

1081688-naval-1460198763-380-640x480.jpg

Reference:
Pakistan successfully test-fires anti-ship ‘Zarb’ missile - The Express Tribune

Pakistan Navy conducted on Saturday a successful test-fire of shore-based anti-ship missile ‘Zarb’, a statement released by Director General Public Relations said.

The missile was launched from coastal site and successfully hit the surface target in the Arabian Sea, the statement added.

Felicitating the Naval staff, Admiral Muhammad Zakaullah said the launch of new missile system wass part of Pak Navy’s continuous effort to enhance its capabilities, and terming the successful test as hallmark of Pakistan Navy’s preparedness.

Deputy Chief of Naval Staff Vice Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi, who was also present at the occasion, said with this successful test launch significant capability has been added to the Pakistan Navy’s arsenal which would further bolster the defence mechanism of the country and contribute towards peace and stability in the region.

(Thread re-ad due to loss of data April 10th on defence.pk

This is Chinese C-602......................

Upon concluding the test, the Navy announced that it had formally inducted the Zarb AShM. With no prior tests registered over the Arabian Sea, and the fact that it is MTCR-compliant, it is likely that the Zarb is an off-the-shelf purchase.

That said, the specific characteristics of the Zarb AShM are unknown. Given the fact that it was tested from a coastal battery, it is plausible to suggest that the Zarb is basically the C-602.

Produced by China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC), the C-602 is a heavy AShM capable of delivering a 300kg warhead. A heavier variant (with a 480kg warhead) is also available in the form of the CM-602G.

The idea of Pakistan acquiring the C-602 is not a surprise, but the use of a local name (i.e. Zarb) suggests that the missile is being produced domestically.

Given the added cost of such a technology transfer (i.e. to produce the missile domestically), would it not make more sense for Pakistan to acquire the C-802 instead? At this time, the C-602 can only be used from Pakistan’s coasts, there are no surface warships or aircraft capable of carrying such a heavy munition.

- See more at: The Pakistan Navy inducts a new anti-ship missile – “Zarb”

Yeah, and other little tid bits.

Point being, there is a lot more that goes under the surface. Although most of the Anti-Tank and SAMS are direct copies except for the later batches Anza-II' s and III's having some stinger ideas.

No modified version- just DE-MTCR'ed.
Sir do ANZA III even exist and as for this Missile I am seriously confused but I think its definatelt not C602 otherwise their was no point of hiding this news

Here here. 5 years after this thread, Pakistan developed their own.
I wish...............This is chineese C-602

Upon concluding the test, the Navy announced that it had formally inducted the Zarb AShM. With no prior tests registered over the Arabian Sea, and the fact that it is MTCR-compliant, it is likely that the Zarb is an off-the-shelf purchase.

That said, the specific characteristics of the Zarb AShM are unknown. Given the fact that it was tested from a coastal battery, it is plausible to suggest that the Zarb is basically the C-602.

Produced by China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC), the C-602 is a heavy AShM capable of delivering a 300kg warhead. A heavier variant (with a 480kg warhead) is also available in the form of the CM-602G.

The idea of Pakistan acquiring the C-602 is not a surprise, but the use of a local name (i.e. Zarb) suggests that the missile is being produced domestically.

Given the added cost of such a technology transfer (i.e. to produce the missile domestically), would it not make more sense for Pakistan to acquire the C-802 instead? At this time, the C-602 can only be used from Pakistan’s coasts, there are no surface warships or aircraft capable of carrying such a heavy munition.

- See more at: The Pakistan Navy inducts a new anti-ship missile – “Zarb”

Sir do ANZA III even exist and as for this Missile I am seriously confused but I think its definatelt not C602 otherwise their was no point of hiding this news

ANZA III was discarded as it gave no additional benefit from ANZA II.ANZA II is being upgraded with a Russian trigger mechanism design.

1081688-naval-1460198763-380-640x480.jpg

Reference:
Pakistan successfully test-fires anti-ship ‘Zarb’ missile - The Express Tribune

Pakistan Navy conducted on Saturday a successful test-fire of shore-based anti-ship missile ‘Zarb’, a statement released by Director General Public Relations said.

The missile was launched from coastal site and successfully hit the surface target in the Arabian Sea, the statement added.

Felicitating the Naval staff, Admiral Muhammad Zakaullah said the launch of new missile system wass part of Pak Navy’s continuous effort to enhance its capabilities, and terming the successful test as hallmark of Pakistan Navy’s preparedness.

Deputy Chief of Naval Staff Vice Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi, who was also present at the occasion, said with this successful test launch significant capability has been added to the Pakistan Navy’s arsenal which would further bolster the defence mechanism of the country and contribute towards peace and stability in the region.

(Thread re-ad due to loss of data April 10th on defence.pk

Something Similar happend in 2002 , Buy and rename

In December 2002, Pakistan acquired a satellite from the American satellite-building firm Hughes Global Systems (HGS) at a cost of around five million dollars.

HGS had designed a satellite for Indonesia, but after a battery problem occurred making it useless during certain hours of the day, it was sold to Pakistan as Paksat-1.

Later, General Pervez Musharraf would claim that “Pakistan’s space programme is now ahead of India after the formal launching of Paksat-I and this is due to the hard work of our scientists.”

Oye chawalien na mar aur ja k butt lubricants baich.
So is the Zarb a missile being produced in Pakistan under license? Or is it just a straight import?

So is the Zarb a missile being produced in Pakistan under license? Or is it just a straight import?
It's not Chinese Missile and it definitely has more range than 300 KM that is why things are being kept secret

I wasn't suggesting that it is an indigenous design, that didn't cross my mind (especially after reading Oscar's posts). I just wasn't sure if we just bought the C-602 as-is, or if we bought it with local production (hence the name "Zarb").

Moreover, if we went with local production, why C-602? Why not C-802 (or the longer-range CM-802), which we can use on the coast as well as F-22P, Azmat, and JF-17 (i.e. more platforms and in greater numbers)?
Sorry I misread/misunderstood.

Frankly I have the same questions you do. I don't think we can say anything about whether it is 602 or 802. Would certainly make sense for it to be C-802, unless C-602 has some very special feature that C-802 lacks. Maybe the ability to be guided via ZDK-03. Not sure if I can rely on Wikipedia but wikipedia seems to think this is the case (the source is cited as Janes which I dont have access to so I can't check).

"The CM-602G is a land-attack version of the C-602. It is advertised as having a range of 290 km., a 480 kg. penetrating blast/fragmentation warhead, and an inertial guidance system using GPS data which may be augmented to provide man-in-the-loop control.[4]"

[4] Jane's Information Group (5 December 2012). "Jane's Defence Weekly" 49 (49): 32.

But this is all speculation.

Definitely Chinese YJ-62.Anyways the missile test range was no more than 300km as the coordinates in the NOTAM show.

that s the problem, that we just reveal the few detail, and think people started believing, if its the Zarb is Pakistani Missile, then why we not showed any Pic of its test, like others test we do, and showed the video's and release them via ISPR.
Test was conducted, but nobody knew the status, and i think some secrecy create more doubts.
My thinking is, its Babur Missile tested from lands base station, but i still have some dobts that Babur Missile is capable enough to hit the moving target as well.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom