What's new

Pakistan coast-defence missile systems

I wish...............This is chineese C-602

Upon concluding the test, the Navy announced that it had formally inducted the Zarb AShM. With no prior tests registered over the Arabian Sea, and the fact that it is MTCR-compliant, it is likely that the Zarb is an off-the-shelf purchase.

That said, the specific characteristics of the Zarb AShM are unknown. Given the fact that it was tested from a coastal battery, it is plausible to suggest that the Zarb is basically the C-602.

Produced by China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC), the C-602 is a heavy AShM capable of delivering a 300kg warhead. A heavier variant (with a 480kg warhead) is also available in the form of the CM-602G.

The idea of Pakistan acquiring the C-602 is not a surprise, but the use of a local name (i.e. Zarb) suggests that the missile is being produced domestically.

Given the added cost of such a technology transfer (i.e. to produce the missile domestically), would it not make more sense for Pakistan to acquire the C-802 instead? At this time, the C-602 can only be used from Pakistan’s coasts, there are no surface warships or aircraft capable of carrying such a heavy munition.

- See more at: The Pakistan Navy inducts a new anti-ship missile – “Zarb”

It's written by a forum member .. Who runs that site.

The exact specifications etc are not known not pics have been released..

Till date Pak has never produced any weapons under TOT and claimed it as its own or given it a local name..

If it was indeed a C-602 (which Pak had ordered in 2010-11-- they would have never changed its name or stopped publishing relevant data to public/media).

It's written by a forum member .. Who runs that site.

The exact specifications etc are not known not pics have been released..

Till date Pak has never produced any weapons under TOT and claimed it as its own or given it a local name..

If it was indeed a C-602 (which Pak had ordered in 2010-11-- they would have never changed its name or stopped publishing relevant data to public/media).

Secrecy that shrouds this test leads me to think it is something else. PAF and PN have openly displayed C-802 while C-602 acquisition is well known and within MTCR limits. I find no reason why they would not release pictures or give out a few specifications. Perhaps they were working on something for long time and test points to conclusion of project. It could be based on C-602 or 802, Harpoon, Babur or even Tomahawk. It could have borrowed technology from multiple sources/ designs or could be something entirely new. Your guess is as good as mine. One thing is for sure though, sea aggression within 300 km of our coast is in jeopardy.

Are you sure?
Yeah thats what i wanted to say that every local production of foriegn equipment got a specific Pakistani Name, same is the case with Zarb Missile, as it is the local production of C-602.

My friend is former Navy captain he told me that their are working on long range CM for anti ship from submarine and land base launcher. He told me around 3 years ago so I think this is the same missile .

He was referring to the Naval Babur.

with 8 new subs + agosta b subs and new inducted zarb anti ship missile in huge numbers whether its local made or just named it has minimum range of 300 km that is sure and now with C-802 in air.naval blockage from indian navy is impossible now.
Also i forget to mention CM-4000AKG

Doesn't our Zarb Missile can have a serious challenge from indo-israel jointly developed Barak 8 interceptor missile? According to wikipedia, it is designed to defend against any type of airborne threat including aircraft, helicopters, anti ship missiles, UAVs as well as cruise missiles and combat jets out to a maximum range of 70 km

Image of Barack 8 interceptor missile.
new-missile.jpg

@AZADPAKISTAN2009, @fatman17, @Zarvan, @somebozo, @JamD, @The Deterrent, @Blue Marlin

Doesn't our Zarb Missile can have a serious challenge from indo-israel jointly developed Barak 8 interceptor missile? According to wikipedia, it is designed to defend against any type of airborne threat including aircraft, helicopters, anti ship missiles, UAVs as well as cruise missiles and combat jets out to a maximum range of 70 km

new-missile.jpg

@AZADPAKISTAN2009, @fatman17, @Zarvan, @somebozo, @JamD, @The Deterrent, @Blue Marlin
theres always complications. thats why theres always workarounds. you can do an ambush via arm which is supersonic [C102] and send the asm, but this depends on the detection ranges and the reaction times.
or a saturation attack will suffice then send in the asm. but end of the day thats all useless as it wont be used for that, as its a coastal weapon meant to engage missile boats which dont carry such countermeasures.
if you want to hunt ships then subs are the way to go ,3 subs will be enough to provide a denial access area large enough to hold of a decent sized navy. and the surface ships will provide air surveillance which is something pakistan lacks. but then again the mig29k cant carry a decent load when launched from a carrier.

Doesn't our Zarb Missile can have a serious challenge from Indo-Israel jointly developed Barak 8 interceptor missile? According to wikipedia, it is designed to defend against any type of airborne threat including aircraft, helicopters, anti ship missiles, UAVs as well as cruise missiles and combat jets out to a maximum range of 70 km

new-missile.jpg

Range of Barak is already enhanced to 90km, didn't you read that on Wikipedia, it was initially designed for 70km but there was opportunity to enhance range & that was completed. If detected then even supersonic missile can be stopped & subsonic missiles can be stopped by CIWS.
theres always complications. thats why theres always workarounds. you can do an ambush via arm which is supersonic [C102] and send the asm, but this depends on the detection ranges and the reaction times.
or a saturation attack will suffice then send in the asm. but end of the day thats all useless as it wont be used for that, as its a coastal weapon meant to engage missile boats which dont carry such countermeasures.
if you want to hunt ships then subs are the way to go ,3 subs will be enough to provide a denial access area large enough to hold of a decent sized navy. and the surface ships will provide air surveillance which is something pakistan lacks. but then again the mig29k cant carry a decent load when launched from a carrier.
Mig29Ks aren't made for operations against Pakistan that will be done by Su-30MKIs because Pakistan is in range of MKIs & India will obviously use better platform when we have option. Also when Mig29Ks will be used against Pakistan these will take off from shore bases not carriers... Even without full load Migs aren't less lethal...

Mig29Ks aren't made for operations against Pakistan that will be done by Su-30MKIs because Pakistan is in range of MKIs & India will obviously use better platform when we have option. Also when Mig29Ks will be used against Pakistan these will take off from shore bases not carriers... Even without full load Migs aren't less lethal...
the mki is for air to air superiority and with a long range loitering capability. also it depends on the denial area. but the naval air arm for pakistan does need some jets similar to that of the su-30 mki. but the money says no. which is when they inducted 16 jf-17's very recently with asm capability.

russia is a signatory and there is method to verify that it complies with in the exportable ranges. but with china that was not possible. i dont think theres a limit to how high the missile travel. it only applies to its warhead weight, range and not being able to deliver nukes. ranges for long range systems are never accurate and are typically understated or within in typical values of other missiles in its class. if you dont publicize data for such systems hat may lead to people trying to find it. who cares its not accurate and its not significantly false.

also we dont even know even if it is chinese. they may have ordered 120 of the c602 at typical <=350km ranges. this may be a navalised babur with a even further range. i think its best to wait for more details and possibly a sneaky image or two.
The range is normally considered in the horizontal direction not vertical. If it is considered in the vertical then the horizontal distance would be of no consideration as the 350 KM range vertically would take the missile in outer space. Re-entering it could possibly target areas more than 7000Km away.

Is it a coastal defence system or a misssile......

Plenty of isreali and other foreign tech goes into all Indian defense projects. Does that make them non indigenous?
A lot of American money and Technology,bought or stolen,goes into Israeli products, are these products not known as Israeli ?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom