What's new

Pakistan coast-defence missile systems

Well we have land launched cruise missiles in the form of babur, air launched cruise missiles in the form of raad,

Why would you get your dhoti in a bind if we now launch a sea launched or anti ship cruise missile.

Pakistan for all its troubles and budget constraints has always overcome these obstacles and inducted lethal weapons

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I misread/misunderstood.

Frankly I have the same questions you do. I don't think we can say anything about whether it is 602 or 802. Would certainly make sense for it to be C-802, unless C-602 has some very special feature that C-802 lacks. Maybe the ability to be guided via ZDK-03. Not sure if I can rely on Wikipedia but wikipedia seems to think this is the case (the source is cited as Janes which I dont have access to so I can't check).

"The CM-602G is a land-attack version of the C-602. It is advertised as having a range of 290 km., a 480 kg. penetrating blast/fragmentation warhead, and an inertial guidance system using GPS data which may be augmented to provide man-in-the-loop control.[4]"

[4] Jane's Information Group (5 December 2012). "Jane's Defence Weekly" 49 (49): 32.

But this is all speculation.
Yep. It's an important question. If it is C-802 or CM-802, we can readily use the Zarb from land, surface ships, aircraft, and submarines (assuming we got the know-how to develop a sub-launch version).

Beta tu ye cartoon dekh kar khush raha kar a country with 16 patent in a year claiming to build anti ship cruise missile LMAO !! :rofl::lol:
Puttar, when that missile hits it's target, the last thing will be on your mind....where was it made....however the plus point for you is that you will be saving all the firewood.

Irrespective of being non-signatory to MCTR both China and Pakistan got slapped with sanction, just under the suspicion of violation.
next
How do you know the range of any system without certification and testing by an independent agency?
Lets take the case of Brahmos, and it's 290Kms stated range, what is this 290 Kms, who will check the range and amount of solid fuel it carries? 290kms at what flight profile and at what altitude? You can set up a simple relay to switch off your propulsion even half way to diminish your range.

It is mostly a hogwash, an ultimatum that don't publicize you data around the world and don't market long range products around the world.
russia is a signatory and there is method to verify that it complies with in the exportable ranges. but with china that was not possible. i dont think theres a limit to how high the missile travel. it only applies to its warhead weight, range and not being able to deliver nukes. ranges for long range systems are never accurate and are typically understated or within in typical values of other missiles in its class. if you dont publicize data for such systems hat may lead to people trying to find it. who cares its not accurate and its not significantly false.

also we dont even know even if it is chinese. they may have ordered 120 of the c602 at typical <=350km ranges. this may be a navalised babur with a even further range. i think its best to wait for more details and possibly a sneaky image or two.

also we dont even know even if it is chinese. they may have ordered 120 of the c602 at typical <=350km ranges. this may be a navalised babur with a even further range. i think its best to wait for more details and possibly a sneaky image or two.

The NOTAM coordinates show that range was no more than 300km.

thats only for a straight line and last time i checked missiles dont fly in a straight line
anti ship missiles maneuver only in terminal phases so the difference in distance covered will be negligible.

Aim is to either keep you guessing or make you believe it is inferior to what it is. Bragging rights versus an IN battleship sinking arse up (because it underestimated our missile) - I will take the later option please!
Our satellites and Arudhra AESA radars on West Coast can track every single Pakistani missile launch like cakewalk.Possibly Green Pine radars and Swordfish are also deployed theren

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom