What's new

Pakistan coast-defence missile systems

Hi,

I tell you---it is a pretty good paint job.
Another paint job is in prototype stages related to a low level early warning system. They were pretty happy with the system demanded it to be more rugged. No patent or research work will be released.

Right guys, the little information i managed to get on the missile is that it's multi functional hence it can be launched from fighter aircraft, ground based units or ships. It has a range of 180 km and travels at just under Mach 0.9.

Multi Functional is a good news indeed but am afraid of speed is not satisfactory as the rival posses counter to such threats until & unless our thing is undetected.

The name has been changed so could we assume it will have some changes from original specifications ??.

We don't have such practice in navy or air force were we use lots of foreign equipment like missiles but don't rename them

completing your education---so it means that you do not have epxeperince in an open work environment.

Pardon me Mr @MastanKhan
The first part of your proposition is correct,i am indeed pursuing my research,however the second part is NOT correct as i have worked in one of india's leading data analytics firm as a business analyst prior to taking up research in aerospace. Not only that,i also have worked on indian designed passive phased array radar "not-so-long" time ago albeit as a trainee(intern).Allow me to shed some light on this radar and point out that a lot of patents are filed by academic institutions/companies for technologies with high military value.
The fundamental part of our radar the DUAL MODE FERRITE PHASE SHIFTER was designed by two professors from IIT delhi.They have the patent of DMPS. You see,what i am trying to point out is that,a technology with very significant defence value was patented and used in designing a PESA radar.This radar is serving both IAF and IA.
Not only that,back in 2007,LRDE bangalore filed a patent for their newly designed TRMM(transmit-recieve multi module)- an AESA module with 8-distinct T/R module embedded on a single IC!-This is being used in LRDE's AESA radar-LSTAR,ASHWIN,ARUDRA(MPR),LCA-AESA to name a few
So,yes a lot of defence related technologies do get "patented".
There are other things that i have worked on(working on) that i cant put here.However i love writing posts concerning research in aerospace particularly flight dynamics and control and while writing,I pay utmost importance to structure!.This is expected out of every engineer and especially someone in research.
I did not wish to frustrate anyone however what boggles my mind is how a lot of pakistanis including even the educated ones living in west try to shrug off the issue of "research in pakistan". Instead of talking in a constructive and fruitful manner a lot of them either assume a lot of things or simple try to mask a lot of things.

links of all the patents filed under any xyz defense project in India.

Hi dear @ssethii
Yeah sure,our research establishment and academic system is pretty transparent and hence i can indeed post links of various patents filed by DRDO,ISRO or HAL in defence.Not only that i can also post links of patents filed by my university(IIT madras).It will indeed surprise you that IITs now file more than 600 patents annually!

Hi,

I tell you---it is a pretty good paint job.

As for this statement,believe me,I will be MORE than willing to correct myself,if folks here on PDF can prove their claims based on either simple statement from designer,research literature etc.But what they usually end up with is- "pakistan doesnt reveal itz military research"."Oh itz too top secret" and similar lines. These lines might be good for local pakistani consumption,however in real world these do not hold any water.

Pardon me Mr @MastanKhan
But what they usually end up with is- "pakistan doesnt reveal itz military research"."Oh itz too top secret" and similar lines. These lines might be good for local pakistani consumption,however in real world these do not hold any water.

Hi,

I think that by this time---you should have realized that is the truth----.

If you look at the overall picture---and find out that there are " things happening " and are not stagnant---then you have to admit that where there is smoke---then there is fire also.

Mr. Mishra----as an engineer---I know that you want to know the process and procedure----now if you were an analyst---you would already know the answer.

Did you check out the web site strengths.com---try it---it will help you communicate better with your colleagues---.

Last edited:
The TL-7 bit came from Haris Khan from PakDef. The claim lines up with Windjammer's report, and Haris Khan is a credible source as well.

TL-7 is an interesting choice. It is made by CATIC as a competitor to the C-802. It's such an interesting acquisition because it is no different in its scope compared to the C-802. When we factor in the localized name, I again wonder, is this being produced locally under license?
but TL-7 has range of only 110km:(:(
we should have inducted YJ-62:p::p:

DF-21/26 is the way to go. It can definitely keep enemy warships at bay.

Back
Top Bottom