What's new

Pakistan-China Joint Air Force Exercise "Shaheen-IX 2020"

Besides, J-10C looks much big in that pic.

Agreed... even Mirage looks smaller alongside J-10C
All newly-built J-10C are equipped with WS-10B engines already.
I don't think PAF would get second-hand J-10Cs from PLAAF.

I think you didn't get my point. Let me rephrase.... there's something written or a Star marking on the fuselage at the start vertical tail section. My point is to see the marking or writing and not about PAF purchasing J-10C.

Why not evaluate the latest variant directly?

Like I stated before I think the PLA will need to evaluate the WS-10 on J-10C for some time first. It is the first time that WS-10 has been mass deployed on single-engined fighters. If there are issues, it is better for China to sort them out first instead of letting a second party find them, which could be bad for reputation.

Like I stated before I think the PLA will need to evaluate the WS-10 on J-10C for some time first. It is the first time that WS-10 has been mass deployed on single-engined fighters. If there are issues, it is better for China to sort them out first instead of letting a second party find them, which could be bad for reputation.
Funny...
China had tested J-10 & WS-10 for a long time, before the mass production fo J-10C with WS-10B.

Funny...
China had tested J-10 & WS-10 for a long time, before the mass production fo J-10C with WS-10B.

They have. I have no doubt that WS-10 is mature but testing on a few platforms is different from putting them on squadrons of jets and fielding them in combat environment. I'd rather wait for a few years than let some issue tarnish the reputation of the jet and engine.

They have. I have no doubt that WS-10 is mature but testing on a few platforms is different from putting them on squadrons of jets and fielding them in combat environment. I'd rather wait for a few years than let some issue tarnish the reputation of the jet and engine.
If PAF chooses J-10C equipped with WS-10B finally, why should waste the time to evaluate the ones equipped with AL-31FN first?

Back
Top Bottom