What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

So concept is already around but not yet adopted in MBTs; may be for some valid reasons or countries are busy secretly on R&D and some day ideas will be fielded as element of surprise.
U.S marines already playing around with AI logistic truck convoys to minimise IED casualty on re supply missions. Literal robot mules to carry supplies. So I'm sure unmanned tanks are not alien for them.

Why Is it that non western engines are smoking be it jet engines ,tank engines or evn engine for ships ?
Really? Maybe we are not in the same world.
EAD7313.jpg
IMG_8041.jpg

VT-4 is the most advanced tank currently in the region.

Which system VT-4 is using to protect against ATGM's ?
Against ATGMs it employs Soft kill active protection system (LWRs and smoke screens). However GL-5 hardkill APS is also available. don't know Pakistan army variants go with it or not.

Against ATGMs it employs Soft kill active protection system (LWRs and smoke screens). However GL-5 hardkill APS is also available. don't know Pakistan army variants go with it or not.
Probably not, as it would be cost prohibitive.

Even China didn't equip its tanks with APS. Israel is the only exception as they're constantly in low intensity conflict.

VT-4 is the most advanced tank currently in the region.

thank you good comparison I think there are equally matched
one issue for pakistan the Indians have over 2000 t90 main battle tanks in contrast I think pakistan have barely 300 vt4 tanks .
indian t90 fleet is 6 times,the size of your vt4.

one more thing the most powerful.and most modern tank in indian army now is the arjun.
240 in service and 123 more on order
Arjun is the only heavy tank fielded in South Asia,they cost twice the cost of t90 or vt4 but are western designed concept tanks or indian equivalent of chinease t99 heavy tanks .
An Arjun v vt4 or T90 my money is on Arjun all.day

Last edited:

India will eventually field 8 regiments (500 TANKS) of heavy Arjun tanks to form the desert sepearhead in rajasthan currentlu only 3 regiments i service mark 1 and 1a but will grow now with mark 2

There are over 30 regiments of T90 tanks now 2000+

And at least 20 regiments of T72 1000+ many of these upgraded but need replacing soon.

lole . only 124 MK I arjun's are in service while the 118 Mk1As that have been ordered will still take about 3 years till first induction (was 5 years but since the article was 2 years ago so i minus that) according to Indian sources. Arjun's have serious weight issues , hence being based in the desert areas only. Dont think there will be any additional orders for Arjun Mk2 as more T-90s are being ordered.
Secondly T-90s are well below 2000 number.

Back
Top Bottom