What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

Only engines being produced under licence by TEI is from USA. Rest is
the products of Turkish-Italian collaboration. Great percentage of T-129 Atak including transmissions, rotors, fuseage, electronics, avionics, missiles...etc are under the Turkey's share in terms of contribution.

thanks Cabalti
does the licence prevent you from selling to certain countries?
I am not talking about North Korea,Cuba or Iran etc but say Pakistan or China etc.

[--Leo--];2383718 said:
is that pakistan's project or turkey?
Trukey's

read the begining of the thread for more information. it helps reading the starting post as it saves you from asking basic questions.

the only option that lefts is Z-10

:agree: I hope Pakistan and China joint production licence and free-worry despite Italy-Turkish along with some US components and NATO access. Not only this, it will cost more expensives and spare parts problems.

Z-10%2Bis%2Ban%2BChinese%2Battack%2Bhelicopter.jpg

Chinese++Z-10+Attack+Helicopter++gunship+PLA+PLAAF+%25282%2529.jpg

I have done my analysis which better options for Pakistan which is Z-10 helicopters over T-129, Apaches, and others. A bit disappointed Turkey didn't joint with Pakistan on this T-129, I understood NATO is priority for Turkey.

Pakistan should purchase non-US weapons so Z-10 looks better option than T-129. Italians has guaranteed to provide US made engines without any blockade but it's a big question whether they must do that on selling to 3rd countries. Also T-129 owe to be winner Rooiwalk's French made engine on tender.

Pakistan should for attack helicopter by looking at the size of our Army we need lot more attack as well as transport helicopters and we should produce them on our own for that we will have to collaborate with China

Fewer US component than AH-1 and AH-64 ;-)

Besides:

Arabian Aerospace - Turkey's T-129 attack helicopter prototype makes successful first flight

Given Italian origins, the US content may very well be very limited.

Some corrections;
-T-129 is based on A-129 Int fuselage with some differences providing more performance on design with more powerfull engine+transmissions .
-TAI as a main contactor of Atak project has all responsibilities including intellectual and property right owner of ATAK.
-About prototypes, P-1 isn't original T-129 prototype crashed but original A-129 modified with USA engine. The early modification of engine to an A-129 is to test the new engine parameters to accelerate the trials of T-129.

The prototype productions are being following;

-P-1 (Crashed. Original A-129, Not new production)
-P-2 (Italian new produced prototype)
-P-3 (Italian New Produced prototype)
-P-4 (TAI new produced prototype)
-P-5 (TAI new produced prototype)
-P-6 (TAI new produced prototype)

In terms of contribution of USA content, not performance; Think T-129 as a Z-10 using USA engine on it.

thanks Cabalti
does the licence prevent you from selling to certain countries?
I am not talking about North Korea,Cuba or Iran etc but say Pakistan or China etc.

It is very well known that Turkey has already been negotiating with Pakistani counterparts in Turkey / Pakistan for a likely T-129 Atak deal. This meetings have also been expressed by media and Everybody knows the interest of brother Pakistan to T-129 Atak. Most probably, At meetings, Those issues were being talked between brothers...

but I think A likely deal on T-129 with China is impossible.

Pakistani defence procurement minister Major General KİNGRİWİ visited Turkey SSM (Undersecretariat of defence minister) to talk about mainly T-129 Atak and took information about F-16 modernizations...

Fullscreen%20capture%208112010%2093529%20AM.jpg

After Aviation Week published this issue, S. Korea officially invited Turkey and T-129 Atak to join into Korean attack helicopter tender...

DAPA announced that Korea will spend 1.84 trillion won to acquire 36 attack helicopters from overseas. Col. Tan Myeong-hoon of DAPA said the AH-1W SuperCobra by Bell and AH-64D Block III from Boeing, will compete with the EC-665 Tiger from Eurocopter of France and the T-129 from Turkey.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2011/07/116_91281.html

UMTAS trials (Main AT missile of Atak)

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Smart Launcher of Atak designe by Roketsan

newdscf0834.jpg

Cirit passed the serial production

Last edited by a moderator:
T-129 will carry a MMW radar which was designed/developed by Meteksan. It is also in trials now a days...

1-2-1.jpg

Those are latest developments I wanted to share...

I can bet it tht PA will get T-129!

Also the UTMAS missile looks badass...

if this deal gets through then there might be a crash course for these helis and they would be deployed in the field right away due to high demand in WoT operations. our decades old cobras are not only too few but on the last edge of their lives.
I never doubted the capability of T-129 its way ahead of our cobras and will be a great morale booster for our troops in both hunter killer ops and responding to requests for reinforcements by our check posts in remote locations

To get T-129 Atak project, Please read Aviation Week's T-129 issue carefully...

I understood the first arrival of T129 in the 2013, anytime US decide to sanction on Pakistan due to the failure war on Afghanistan and blame on Pakistan afterwards.

Would this affect this deal regarding T-129s export to Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom