What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

I understood the first arrival of T129 in the 2013, anytime US decide to sanction on Pakistan due to the failure war on Afghanistan and blame on Pakistan afterwards.

Would this affect this deal regarding T-129s export to Pakistan?

same answer as Cabali's it seems that they are pretty much immune to US playing dirty

mangustagun-vi.jpg

reference picture above, notice an external tube running from the centre to the chin of the helicopter, it seems to be the ammo feed or some sort or maybe cables to the sensors on the front. whatever it is, to me it seems like Achilles heel as a sustained cannon fire might danage that bit disabling whatever system it is meant for.
running this tube inside the main body was a better option no?

mangustagun-vi.jpg

reference picture above, notice an external tube running from the centre to the chin of the helicopter, it seems to be the ammo feed or some sort or maybe cables to the sensors on the front. whatever it is, to me it seems like Achilles heel as a sustained cannon fire might danage that big disabling whatever system it is meant for.
running this tube inside the main body was a better option no?

That is the ammo belt, and yups this is a serious issue. One hit and the gun may not receive its ammo, thus it will loose its one weapon system.

That is the ammo belt, and yups this is a serious issue. One hit and the gun may not receive its ammo, thus it will loose its one weapon system.

I think that is due to the limitations of the airframe..
The Apache dealt with this issue early on..
Its systems are housed in the nice thick chine it has.

I think that is due to the limitations of the airframe..
The Apache dealt with this issue early on..
Its systems are housed in the nice thick chine it has.

if this ammo tube provides same amount of protection against the automatic fire like the rest of the hull then it is fine except from the exposed part near the chin which is vulnerable to very lucky shot. But that can be resolved if the gunship pilot flies with the typical diagonal belly up style while taking enemy fire just like an Apache then this exposed part is beyond the line of sight from ground fire.
I have yet failed to get enogh information about its armour protection except this site . which states that its protected against 12.7 mm AP rounds.

but how this external bit of tube will fare against the enemy fire viz a viz the rest of the hull is not known. strange if the turrent gun was an afterthought because gunships developed before this craft have had that piece.

if this ammo tube provides same amount of protection against the automatic fire like the rest of the hull then it is fine except from the exposed part near the chin which is vulnerable to very lucky shot. But that can be resolved if the gunship pilot flies with the typical diagonal belly up style while taking enemy fire just like an Apache then this exposed part is beyond the line of sight from ground fire.
I have yet failed to get information about its armour protection so cant comment how this external bit will fare against the enemy fire viz a viz the rest of the hull.

I think the issue resides in the original Gunless design of the mangusta.
The Turret was never part of the original design.

I think the issue resides in the original Gunless design of the mangusta.
The Turret was never part of the original design.

And add-on is always an add-on, with its own compromises.

Bear in mind that a lucky shot can also take out the gun itself, rather than the feeder belt.

Bear in mind that a lucky shot can also take out the gun itself, rather than the feeder belt.

...or even better...take out a Chinook with a whole lot of SEALs in it....

What i mean is, a lucky shot is a lucky shot, it can hit the engine, the rotors etc......and if you try making it as armored as the Mi Hind version......then it becomes heavier....

I have a Question .What abt the Friend and Foe system on this Heli.

Like for attacking other helis with the missile and stuff.

Usually not needed for the sort of weaponry this will carry..But since this is a turkish machine.It will be customized to the requirements of the user without any restrictions or perceived hidden "switches"

Turkey has own IFF identification Friend or Foe system, which Pakistan can change position anytime. If Turkey permit with this system, Pakistan will able to fire down NATO helicopters with missiles.

I believe, this helicopter is a big test relations between Turkey and Pakistan. US will likely to intervene this project or counterpart Italy will walk away.

Turkey has own IFF identification Friend or Foe system, which Pakistan can change position anytime. If Turkey permit with this system, Pakistan will able to fire down NATO helicopters with missiles.

I believe, this helicopter is a big test relations between Turkey and Pakistan. US will likely to intervene this project or counterpart Italy will walk away.
if that happens pakistan can get the wz10 instead. does the pakistani cobras also have this system?

if that happens pakistan can get the wz10 instead. does the pakistani cobras also have this system?

Nope. US gave Pakistan AH 1F/S Cobras in emergency to kill talibans and other terrorists activities. US is watching Pakistan Cobra helicopters where it goes, where it fights, and many movements. IFF included.

Pakistan Army has also purchase 20 advanced SuperCobra (AH-1Z) in 2009 to replace aging AH-1F/S Cobras.....but this status is unknown due the current relations between US/Pakistan. Currenlty SuperCobra AH-1Z is not available for export til 2015. I urge Pakistan to withdraw this orders to focus on Z-10 (China helicopter we trust).

Back
Top Bottom