What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

Which is why I am more in favor of the Chinese Z-10..
larger platform.. longer endurance and on station time.
And a lot more space for growth and survivablity.

has Z-10 been revived again? Few years back, I remember a report on BBC or some other British news channel where the reporter was patting himself for blocking the sale of components from western companies for this project. since that arms embargo only covered for weapon sales but not the components that could be used for military use although their primary function was civilian. In essence the British went all the way to Canada and other European countries and found out how the Chinese were sourcing different items from suppliers to secretly manufacture a weapon which was prohibited due to Chinese Tiananmen square massacre.
The BBC or Channel4 guy was taking credit for shutting down the whole Z-10 project.

my vote is for T-129, its based on a proven platform that has been deployed in peace keeping missions.

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

What i mean is, a lucky shot is a lucky shot, it can hit the engine, the rotors etc......and if you try making it as armored as the Mi Hind version......then it becomes heavier....

T-129 body and rotars are protected against the 12.7 mm rounds. and the engine is also armor protected.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

Pakistan Army has also purchase 20 advanced SuperCobra (AH-1Z) in 2009 to replace aging AH-1F/S Cobras.....but this status is unknown due the current relations between US/Pakistan. Currenlty SuperCobra AH-1Z is not available for export til 2015

looks like we can kiss the money goodbye like last time we paid for the F-16s and they didnt deliver them and even charged us for the storage haha talk about being stung again.

Nope. US gave Pakistan AH 1F/S Cobras in emergency to kill talibans and other terrorists activities. US is watching Pakistan Cobra helicopters where it goes, where it fights, and many movements. IFF included.

Pakistan Army has also purchase 20 advanced SuperCobra (AH-1Z) in 2009 to replace aging AH-1F/S Cobras.....but this status is unknown due the current relations between US/Pakistan. Currenlty SuperCobra AH-1Z is not available for export til 2015. I urge Pakistan to withdraw this orders to focus on Z-10 (China helicopter we trust).

You mean AH-1W Super Cobra or Pakistan ordered AH-1Z KingCobra that Turkey selected in ATAK-1 tender but cause of some restrictions, It was cancelled ?

has Z-10 been revived again? Few years back, I remember a report on BBC or some other British news channel where the reporter was patting himself for blocking the sale of components from western companies for this project. since that arms embargo only covered for weapon sales but not the components that could be used for military use although their primary function was civilian. In essence the British went all the way to Canada and other European countries and found out how the Chinese were sourcing different items from suppliers to secretly manufacture a weapon which was prohibited due to Chinese Tiananmen square massacre.
The BBC or Channel4 guy was taking credit for shutting down the whole Z-10 project.

my vote is for T-129, its based on a proven platform that has been deployed in peace keeping missions.

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

T-129 body and rotars are protected against the 12.7 mm rounds. and the engine is also armor protected.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

looks liek we can kiss the money goodbye like last time we paid for the F-16s and they didnt deliver them and even charged us for the storage haha talk about being stung again.

As far as I know, If agreement signed, USA has to deliver all things they have guaranteed with agreement, Otherwise, Pakistan has rights to carry the event for international justices to punish contactor.

Turkey has own IFF identification Friend or Foe system, which Pakistan can change position anytime. If Turkey permit with this system, Pakistan will able to fire down NATO helicopters with missiles.

I believe, this helicopter is a big test relations between Turkey and Pakistan. US will likely to intervene this project or counterpart Italy will walk away.

As Raptor said, Turkey has own IFF system and threat bank specially typed by Turkish engineers. It is just a matter of desicion for Turkey to add a country friend or foe to system. NATO don't have any rule to use a common IFF for any NATO member so As you know that Turkish F-16's lock on Greek fighters daily. I think IFF issue wouldn't be a problem If Pakistan orders T-129 Atak.

As Raptor said, Turkey has own IFF system and threat bank specially typed by Turkish engineers. It is just a matter of desicion for Turkey to add a country friend or foe to system. NATO don't have any rule to use a common IFF for any NATO member so As you know that Turkish F-16's lock on Greek fighters daily. I think IFF issue wouldn't be a problem If Pakistan orders T-129 Atak.

I hope our order wont affect the indcution of these gunships in Turkish forces? the more I learn about it , more I am impressed, i I have seen some videos of this copter and they are jaw dropping, not that in real combat it will be performing those but jsut shows how agile and nimble this machine is. the only possible weakness (as I see it ) I could find was that external feed to the Gattling gun. but if the casing provides same amount of protection like the rest of the hull then problem solved.
I thought it would be faster than Apache but its rougly 20 mph slower based on the given web data.

1308955630-62.jpg

ATAK_041.jpg

Azerbaycan, Malaysia, Pakistan, & SouthKorea and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia wants to buy T-129 From Turkey ,because they can buy anyime if they wont !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If Pakistan can try to negotiate with Russia to buy MI-28 Havoc then that is in my opinion without a doubt a best Attack heavy weight Helicopter.

Thanks for sexy damn helicopter, the cost is 47 million, correct?

In 2010 evaluation
Turkey will be responsible for international marketing and sales of the design, and industry sources say several countries are already evaluating the product, including Jordan and Pakistan. Source

We are evaluating this helicopter again again.

what is the operational induction of the T-129 in Turkish Army - at least 2 years from now.
dont expect this platform to be in PK Army livery anytime soon.

my bet is that the super-cobra AH-1Z will be inducted in PAA sooner than the A-129.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom