What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

I unfortunately don't know.

51c3e7df859956c766dac59a5c633.jpg

now i'm guessing - between US$ 30-40m per unit - brand new. 1 squadron of 20 helos = US$ 800m plus infrastructure and training - rounded off to a cool US$ 1 billion!!! - can PAA afford this?

cabalti_53 - what is the unit price $ =

but I think The T-129 Atak price (for Turkey) which is included serial production line, engineering efforts, training, education, trials, R&D's, other seperate agreements (such as MMW, moving map, obstacle detection systems, HMDU...etc) made with many Turkish institutes...etc will totally make it reach 40-45 maybe 50 million $.

now i'm guessing - between US$ 30-40m per unit - brand new. 1 squadron of 20 helos = US$ 800m plus infrastructure and training - rounded off to a cool US$ 1 billion!!! - can PAA afford this?

manufacturing these in house and increasing the numbers a little bit will bring down the costs. Inducting a new platform and then inducting just 20 don't make it feasible both financially and to operate. IF PA do go for T-129, the numbers will be.must be increased (i guess three Squadron) and we must then go for ToT bringing down the prices with in-house production.

What do you say?

manufacturing these in house and increasing the numbers a little bit will bring down the costs. Inducting a new platform and then inducting just 20 don't make it feasible both financially and to operate. IF PA do go for T-129, the numbers will be.must be increased (i guess three Squadron) and we must then go for ToT bringing down the prices with in-house production.

What do you say?

The prices We are guesing are the initial costs that Turkey as owner of ATAK will shoulder. The serial production of Atak will bring down the prices sharply. TAI will manufacture 59+32 T-129 Atak A/B for only Turkish Armed Forces.

In additions, Turkey paid 111 million $ for 3 USA Marine second-hand AH-1W Super Cobras (Unit price of second-hand AH-1W almost comes to 40 million $) as stop-gap solution in recent days. T-129 Atak is brend-new copters which is proved to be more effective than SuperCobra's in field...

Murat Bayar said in an inteview , everything will cost us $3.5 Billion which i think is fairly cheap . This means we will get all the rights to export this helicopter , this means the only assembly line will be in Turkiye , we can put any Turkish missile source codes and totally anything , stronger engine modifications, this will employ people , and 59 helicopters . I think this is great and keep the money inside the country.

Murat Bayar said in an inteview , everything will cost us $3.5 Billion which i think is fairly cheap . This means we will get all the rights to export this helicopter , this means the only assembly line will be in Turkiye , we can put any Turkish missile source codes and totally anything , stronger engine modifications, this will employ people , and 59 helicopters . I think this is great and keep the money inside the country.

US$60m/unit with weapons etc. so the helo cost maybe around US$40m.

The prices We are guesing are the initial costs that Turkey as owner of ATAK will shoulder. The serial production of Atak will bring down the prices sharply. TAI will manufacture 59+32 T-129 Atak A/B for only Turkish Armed Forces.

In additions, Turkey paid 111 million $ for 3 USA Marine second-hand AH-1W Super Cobras (Unit price of second-hand AH-1W almost comes to 40 million $) as stop-gap solution in recent days. T-129 Atak is brend-new copters which is proved to be more effective than SuperCobra's in field...

US offered FMS/CSF funds amounting to 500m for 20 helos = 25m/per copy which is affordable.

US$60m/unit with weapons etc. so the helo cost maybe around US$40m.

US offered FMS/CSF funds amounting to 500m for 20 helos = 25m/per copy which is affordable.

If you divided 3.5 billion by 59 and got that, but your forgetting all the rights given, assembly line that will provide hundreds of jobs these will come with it so if someone just buy it will be cheaper.

If you divided 3.5 billion by 59 and got that, but your forgetting all the rights given, assembly line that will provide hundreds of jobs these will come with it so if someone just buy it will be cheaper.

i'm not questioning your viewpoint - this strategy is good for Turkey, my point is that at this time PK cannot afford it. we wish Turkey God speed with this project.

its about Pakistan that can WE afford it or not!
No doubt this is best for Turkey. All the best.

For Pakistan, i think IF we do go for T-129, the idea will be more numbers and in house production. This will help bringing down the cost!
regards!

its about Pakistan that can WE afford it or not!
No doubt this is best for Turkey. All the best.

For Pakistan, i think IF we do go for T-129, the idea will be more numbers and in house production. This will help bringing down the cost!
regards!

No I know what you mean but what I'm saying is if you got 40mill by dividing 59 by 3.5 billion it will be less for Pakistan as they will buy directly and just cost of helicopters so how much does a super cobra cost? It will probably be around then prices maybe.

I think helicopter will be around 25-35 million

No I know what you mean but what I'm saying is if you got 40mill by dividing 59 by 3.5 billion it will be less for Pakistan as they will buy directly and just cost of helicopters so how much does a super cobra cost? It will probably be around then prices maybe.

I think helicopter will be around 25-35 million

FMF will be involved IF PA get Cobra Gunships

i think nearly for the same price like a super copra is the t129 a better option. with all turkish elektronics, avionics and weapons it is more reliable than u.s or european gunships.

FMF will be involved IF PA get Cobra Gunships

T-129 is utilised against terror operations and therefore it can go to very high altitude and stronger engine, 5 blades, this will also be useful for Pakistan terrain and against terrorism.

I doubt 20 odd airframes will bring the cost down in house production approximately $1B-$1.2 for a squadron is a large sum, PA could be waiting for a better economy, evaluating a product does not necessary mean that PA is going to purchase it.

AH-1 modernization could help PA extend the life of current AH-1s apart from Future procurement through FMF other than that T-129 should only be purchased as a replacement of AH-1F/S provided Funds are available.

Back
Top Bottom