What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

T-129 Atak in S. Korea Tender !!!

195A1B4A5098CC9432FEC0

115A1B4A5098CC96357582

135A1B4A5098CC97364439

145A1B4A5098CC9737401F

175A1B4A5098CC98392AD9

135A1B4A5098CC993AC25E

Guys,

I beg your pardon for asking a basic question but what is helicopter's defense against any small to medium range same or shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missile like Anza or stinger etc? In my understanding, attack helicopters are pretty easy targets in the battle field and are kind of "flying ducks" to one such attack. Is it so?

http://www.ausairpower.net/SP/DT-Helo-Survivability-June-2009.pdf

IMO, a helicopter is still a sitting duck. A flare or chaff system will be effective in some situations, non-effective in others, it has it's limits as well.

Well i think we will get them near about 2017/18.... so be patient!

Nice, The TAI T-129 would be a great helicopter for Pakistani army no doubt. However i feel obligated to answer some questions here, Firstly when i read the specs of both T-129 and WZ-10 you can immediatly see there is little difference beside the MWR, But this to can be integrated into T-129 with Meteksans MILDAR. So wether its WZ-10 or T-129 they both will be hunting beasts :)

No thats way to late, Turkey will receive all its 60 TAI T-129 Attack Helicopters at the end of 2013 (9 in 2012, 51 in 2013) , So lets say productions wil start beginning 2014, With such number it will probably finished by the end of 2014, While in the mean time Pakistan Sends Pilots for training. So you can have T-129s Ready around mid-2015.

No thats way to late, Turkey will receive all its 60 TAI T-129 Attack Helicopters at the end of 2013 (9 in 2012, 51 in 2013) , So lets say productions wil start beginning 2014, With such number it will probably finished by the end of 2014, While in the mean time Pakistan Sends Pilots for training. So you can have T-129s Ready around mid-2015.

Annual T-129-B production rate will be 12 Bro. Manufacturing all 50+ Atak within one year is impossible in world conditions... :)

If It is stated that Pakistan and Turkey have almost signed a deal for 15 T-129 Atak but stalled cause of financial problems, The conclusion would be as follows;

-Pakistan and Turkish officials sit on same table to talk all details about Attack helicopter deal and finalized the meetings to meet the requirements of Pakistan Army.
-Pakistan has already choosed its next generation attack helicopter. It is T-129 Atak-B
-The likely deal is delaying cause of financial problems.
-When those problems fixed, The deal is going to be signed with TAI.
-The likely contact contains 15 T-129 Atak-B helicopters.

Congrats !!!

atak-t-129_327149.jpg

You got any link for the deal? Thanks in advance. Right now, attack helicopters is the most important thing Pakistani Army needs instead of their proposed nuclear subs, and fixed wing fighter jets.

You need to halt buying strategic weapons and concentrate on getting stuff that helps in TTP's destruction. Submarines and fighter jets won't get them. Your government should halt their buying and focus on gunship acquisition ASAP.

You need to halt buying strategic weapons and concentrate on getting stuff that helps in TTP's destruction. Submarines and fighter jets won't get them. Your government should halt their buying and focus on gunship acquisition ASAP.

Thanks for your valuable advice, Generals sitting in GHQ will listen to you.

Guys,

I beg your pardon for asking a basic question but what is helicopter's defense against any small to medium range same or shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missile like Anza or stinger etc? In my understanding, attack helicopters are pretty easy targets in the battle field and are kind of "flying ducks" to one such attack. Is it so?

The beauty of Attack helicopters like Apache or ATAK T-129 rest with their operational capabilities beyond the reach of MANPADS.
Consider the example of Hellfire fired from an Apache. Hellfire has a range of 8km. Apache acquired the target from tree-top height. Many times hiding itself behind trees or natural obstacles. It engages a tank or other target, fire the missile and there it is.. a tank neutralize, without its poor inmates even knowing what has got them. MANPADS need a target insight, with large IR signature. So an attack helicopter is not a sitting duck.

The beauty of Attack helicopters like Apache or ATAK T-129 rest with their operational capabilities beyond the reach of MANPADS.
Consider the example of Hellfire fired from an Apache. Hellfire has a range of 8km. Apache acquired the target from tree-top height. Many times hiding itself behind trees or natural obstacles. It engages a tank or other target, fire the missile and there it is.. a tank neutralize, without its poor inmates even knowing what has got them. MANPADS need a target insight, with large IR signature. So an attack helicopter is not a sitting duck.
Apache can even control and operate Drones too. Also they can direct the fire of other helicopters while hovering at safe distance. This is the reason India asked for Apache Longbows as it can guide our LCH and other helis.

You got any link for the deal? Thanks in advance. Right now, attack helicopters is the most important thing Pakistani Army needs instead of their proposed nuclear subs, and fixed wing fighter jets.

Not a deal but a source which underline a likely agreement between Turkey and Pakistan to be signed for 15 T-129 Atak helicopters but shalled cause of financial problems...

Guys,

ATAK has 360 degree covered Radar, Lazer and Missile Warning Receiver. The threats detected are being neutralized by IR jammer (CHaff/FLARE) or Radar jammers which depends of missile type.

Aselsan-Mikes EW systems

• Countermeasure Dispensing System (CMDS),
• Missile Warning System (MWS),
• Laser Warning Receiver (LWR),
• RF Jammer (RFJ),
• Radar Warning Receiver (RWR),
• Suite Central Processing System (SCPS),
• IR Countermeasures (IRCM)

ews.jpg

What financial issues yaar i don't understand this lame logic except DHA and other BS things every project is struck due to financial issues even UAV's :angry: I don't know how this process works but this sale purchase should be under professionals and MoD.

Back
Top Bottom