What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

US$60m/unit with weapons etc. so the helo cost maybe around US$40m.

US offered FMS/CSF funds amounting to 500m for 20 helos = 25m/per copy which is affordable.

Which model is that ? because Recent months, Turkey ordered 3 second-hand AH-1W SuperCobras worth 111 million $. One old AH-1W cost reached almost 40 million $ to Turkey.

I thought 111m dollars includes spare parts like 7 extra engines etc...30M dollars each would be more likely

Update

TAI is pushing its T-129 attack helicopter to fulfill Pakistan’s requirements for an AH-1F Cobra replacement.According to a TAI spokesman, a deal was nearly signed with Pakistan for 15 T-129 helicopters, but it stalled because of financial issues. Due to the operational environments of the Pakistani and Turkish militaries being very similar in topographical and climatic terms, Bilgi is confident Pakistan will see its future attack helicopter in the T-129.

The T-129 program includes other Turkish defense firms, such as defense electronic system firm Aselsan and rocket munitions developer/manufacturer Roketsan. The Turkish defense ministry is very keen to promote the T-129 to potential foreign customers — and Pakistan and South Korea are key targets.

China and Turkey battle for sales in Pakistani arms fair | Defense News | defensenews.com

We need to move beyond talk point and start signing deals already

It should be a straight forward order for 120 Helicopters for Pakistan Army`s operations
60 helicopters for Western Border , and 60 helicopters for counter insurgency operations

Ideally if we can have TOT or license production it would be ideal

Cuz I personally hate cobra helicopters they look so fragile and weak

It should be a straight forward order for 120 Helicopters for Pakistan Army`s operations 60 helicopters for Western Border , and 60 helicopters for counter insurgency operations

Ideally if we can have TOT or license production it would be ideal Cuz I personally hate cobra helicopters they look so fragile and weak

Who is going to pay for those 120 Gunships let alone production-manufacturing of Equipment Parts; that would be a straight $5B Project.

Update

TAI is pushing its T-129 attack helicopter to fulfill Pakistan’s requirements for an AH-1F Cobra replacement.According to a TAI spokesman, a deal was nearly signed with Pakistan for 15 T-129 helicopters, but it stalled because of financial issues. Due to the operational environments of the Pakistani and Turkish militaries being very similar in topographical and climatic terms, Bilgi is confident Pakistan will see its future attack helicopter in the T-129.

The T-129 program includes other Turkish defense firms, such as defense electronic system firm Aselsan and rocket munitions developer/manufacturer Roketsan. The Turkish defense ministry is very keen to promote the T-129 to potential foreign customers — and Pakistan and South Korea are key targets.

China and Turkey battle for sales in Pakistani arms fair | Defense News | defensenews.com

15 T-129's would cost close to US$ 750m with weapons, infrastructure and training. sounds difficult to materialise. 15 AH-1Z super cobras would cost ~US$ 450-500m under FMS which army is still hoping and pushing for.

if TAI offers a loan then the story changes but i doubt it.

sooner or later those cobras will get replaced, very likely by the chinese ones as only they will be able give us on soft loans.

but it also depends on the next election
we could get the AH-1Z viper if anyone besides IK gets elected.

If It is stated that Pakistan and Turkey have almost signed a deal for 15 T-129 Atak but stalled cause of financial problems, The conclusion would be as follows;

-Pakistan and Turkish officials sit on same table to talk all details about Attack helicopter deal and finalized the meetings to meet the requirements of Pakistan Army.
-Pakistan has already choosed its next generation attack helicopter. It is T-129 Atak-B
-The likely deal is delaying cause of financial problems.
-When those problems fixed, The deal is going to be signed with TAI.
-The likely contact contains 15 T-129 Atak-B helicopters.

Congrats !!!

atak-t-129_327149.jpg

Guys,

I beg your pardon for asking a basic question but what is helicopter's defense against any small to medium range same or shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missile like Anza or stinger etc? In my understanding, attack helicopters are pretty easy targets in the battle field and are kind of "flying ducks" to one such attack. Is it so?

Back
Top Bottom