What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

Avionics

AIR_A129_ATAK_Components_lg.jpg

* Avionic Central Control Computer-ACCC (Dual)
* Full Digital 4-axis Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS)
* EW-Suite Central Processing System (ISIS)
* Air Data Computer (ADC)
* Integrated INS/GPS (Dual)/ Doppler navigation
* Digital Moving Map
* Radar altimeter
* Software Defined Networking Radio (SDNR)
* VHF/UHF radios
* HF radio
* IFF Transponder
* Voice encryption/ Frequency Hopping
* Data and Image Transmission System
* DAS suite with passive and active counter measures
* Air vehicle monitoring
* Aircraft & Mission Management System (AMMS)
* Weapons ballistic trajectory processing
* Target acquisition utilising EO with laser range finder/designator, FLIR and CCTV
* Night Vision (Helmet Mounted Display System)
* Emergency Locator Transmitter (ELT)
Jigs man, I got a doubt. Since this is a concept of Agusta-Westland originally and TAI is license manufacturing the gunship for Turkish military, won't it be essential that you have to take AW's clearance before re-exporting to some other country (any for that matter)?

I want to get this right: T-129 is made by TAI the same way Su-30MKI is made by HAL for us isn't it? Or is T-129 totally independent and free to export this version of AW-129 to anyone? Cuz I doubt AW will allow Turkey to compete with itself someday using their own inherent design. Right?

Jigs man, I got a doubt. Since this is a concept of Agusta-Westland originally and TAI is license manufacturing the gunship for Turkish military, won't it be essential that you have to take AW's clearance before re-exporting to some other country (any for that matter)?

I want to get this right: T-129 is made by TAI the same way Su-30MKI is made by HAL for us isn't it? Or is T-129 totally independent and free to export this version of AW-129 to anyone? Cuz I doubt AW will allow Turkey to compete with itself someday using their own inherent design. Right?

Under the agreement with AW, Turkey has the full marketing and intellectual right for the T-129 and it can sell the helicopter to anyone, except for United Kingdom and Italy itself.

And its not just license manufacturing, its complete transfer of tech with 100% local Turkish made systems to be incorporated. Plus, there are some differences too between the A-129 & T-129, major difference is the engines, which are different on both variants.

single - The Jamestown Foundation[tt_news]=35555

Like TaimiKhan has said we hold all rights to this variant of the platform. It is a upgraded version of the A-129 with considerable amount of Turkish made technologies integrated.

Seem really nice !
What is the unit price ?
And how many are planned to buy in near and far future ?

Under the agreement with AW, Turkey has the full marketing and intellectual right for the T-129 and it can sell the helicopter to anyone, except for United Kingdom and Italy itself.

And its not just license manufacturing, its complete transfer of tech with 100% local Turkish made systems to be incorporated. Plus, there are some differences too between the A-129 & T-129, major difference is the engines, which are different on both variants.

single - The Jamestown Foundation[tt_news]=35555
Thanks for the clearance. A good choice for PAF and PA. Perhaps this is a first step to diversifying and moving away from your traditional source of weapons---combination of Turkish and Chinese weapon systems. :)

Thanks for the clearance. A good choice for PAF and PA. Perhaps this is a first step to diversifying and moving away from your traditional source of weapons---combination of Turkish and Chinese weapon systems. :)

Not PAF, just PA. Well Pakistani forces have already started on this path and have been diversifying their equipment from different sources, not relying completely on just one or two sources.

Should have been done long ago, but still its not that late and we are now on the right path.

Probably after they've gone thru the 24 Apaches / Tigers (being evaluated), 30 Mi-35's and 80 Mi17v5's.

yes as we know aerial dogfights between helis is quite the norm of any modern conflict :rofl:

I am sure that Ideas 2010 will bring some good breakthroughs for Pakistan.

The Milgem deal fell through due to economic concerns. T-129 is still in the books but it depends on if Pakistan wants to go with our helicopter or AH-1Z Vipers from the U.S.

The T-129 if selected would most likely replace the Cobras i would think or else their would not be a reason to select it as that would cause logistic issues. Plus Pakistan recently received more cobras right ?

i hope that Pakistani Think Tank will be wise enough not to fell for the same trap once again.
we must not be inducting any more US machines that are to form the back bone of our armed forces.
we can get support equipment but no front line equipment.

we must look to get OHP to support the main stay F-22p Frigates, we must go for Vipers to strengthen PAF's FC-20 and JFT.

but no more frontline equipment....PLEASE!!!

The advantage the AH-1Z brings in such as similarity to the current crop of Cobras operated by the PA....were probably weighed in. Although I suppose the Idea that we cant have our first AH-1Z till 2012 or so.. isnt that bad...our coffers are fairly empty now.. they might open up then.
The T-129.. will need a complete logical overhaul...sort of like going from a B.E degree.. to a FRCS..in layman terms.
Its the same reason the PAF stuck with the F-16 for its high end punch.. even though other options were available.

Bell AH-1Z King Cobras are highly advanced Combat Helicopters, but Pakistan would be highly depend on Upgrades and Support from US. For AH-1Z Pakistan can not chose a european, chinese or turkish Anti Tank Missile and Chances on Tech - Transfer are zero.

Update

Fullscreen&

Pakistan F-16 Uçaklarının Modernizasyonu ve T-129 Atak Helikopteri projeleri kapsamında TAI’nin davetlisi olarak Türkiye’de bulunan Pakistan Savunma Bakanlığı Tedarik Direktörü Tümgeneral KİNGRİWİ, TAI yetkilileri ile birlikte Müsteşarlığımızı ziyaret etmiş, ziyaret esnasında bahse konu projelere ilişkin olarak TAI - Pakistan faaliyetlerindeki son durum ve ayrıca iki ülkenin korvet ve denizaltı projeleri hakkında görüş alışverişinde bulunulmuştur.

Savunma Sanayii Müste?arl???

Translation

Pakistani F-16 Aircraft Modernization and T-129 attack helicopters in Turkey at the invitation of projects under the Pakistan Ministry of Defence Procurement TAI Director Major General KİNGRİWİ, TAI Müsteşarlığımızı visited with officials, in relation to the projects mentioned during the visit TAI - Pakistan operations the last case and the two countries also exchanged opinions about the corvette and submarine projects.

------

The Program seems to be on the track so far , cant wait to see this beast bombing TTP hideouts.

Last edited:
As Above article told that It was TAI invited Pakistani top officials to Turkey for T-129 Atak. Most probably, TAI shared so special and secret informations of T-129 ATAK. I bet TAI offered revealing all source-codes of T-129 to Pakistan with an unique mission computer variant with URDU language interface on Aselsani "super intelligent" MFD's, If Pakistan accept considering T-129 as a next generation attack helicopter.

Back
Top Bottom