What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

is there an airbase/ or helipad near by? Karsaz bridge in an Urban area seems to be an odd place for a prospect helicopter practice run
I would expect it to be in a more secluded, army airbase where they conduct their trainings and testing.
How many times has anyone seen a cobra gunship flying over a metropolis let alone a heavily armed gunship on evaluation in a city?
If there is an Army/ Airforce base near by that leads to known army training sights then I would accept this otherwise it is very unconvincing.

Few questions I have
What angle did you see it?
How high was it flying
Was it taking a turn and tilted to one side?
What was its camo?
What was the time you saw it? Day or night?
Was is hovering/ circling or made a quick pass and flew away?
From your angle of view how did you make out that it wasn’t Huvey or Bell?
what was the sound like? can you relate to any other known helicopter? cobra? puma? get ranger etc?

pleae dont be offended I am not questioining the authenticity of your statement. just want to know more.

I think rather than PAF its mainly meant for Pakistan Army

is there an airbase/ or helipad near by? Karsaz bridge in an Urban area seems to be an odd place for a prospect helicopter practice run
I would expect it to be in a more secluded, army airbase where they conduct their trainings and testing.
How many times has anyone seen a cobra gunship flying over a metropolis let alone a heavily armed gunship on evaluation in a city?
If there is an Army/ Airforce base near by that leads to known army training sights then I would accept this otherwise it is very unconvincing.

Few questions I have
How high was it flying
What was its camo?
what was the sound like? can you relate to any other known helicopter? cobra? puma? get ranger etc?

pleae dont be offended I am not questioining the authenticity of your statement. just want to know more.

It would have been possible to sight the odd CH-53 or CH-46 over karsaz due to its proxmity to Pns Mehran and the faisal flightpath.
About a month or so ago before the end of the US Marines relief ops..
It was not uncommon to see CH-53's..Ch-46's.. coming in low over DHA phase 8.. rounding the manora area.. and then taking a straight line to faisal.
Im sure in some cases they got a little lost as well.
But the timeframe given by the poster is quite unlikely..for any evaluations.. unless.. by chance a Z-9EC went over the area..they are doing their workups to operational readiness.

What is expected Price per unit ??? compare to --- Apache ::: AH-1Z ::: Tiger --- and is their any ToT ???

Few questions I have
How high was it flying
What was its camo?

i was at the main karsaz signal,it was flying from paf musem i guess,and one thing is sure it wasn't a ch-53 or 46 it was a dam a attack helicopter and i know what cobra looks like so it wasn't a cobra either,it was flying not too high and i think it was on its way for airport or CoD,and one intresting thing which i noted the rear roater was like this one http://www.google.com.pk/imgres?img...vihCg&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0

one thing is for sure it was a damn attack helicopter it was in pure black color it was so different from cobra and bell ain't a match,the aircraft was same like this t-129 but the rear roter part doesn't match the pics of this aircraft in this thread for what i have seen on thursday morning.

@jay89

You saw that it had different type rear rotor ... Its getting more interesting !! You guys do you know that Pakistan has a helicopter which has a rotor like that ??

@jay89

You saw that it had different type rear rotor ... Its getting more interesting !! You guys do you know that Pakistan has a helicopter which has a rotor like that ??

i searched the only aircraft with that type of rear rotor in is z9ec,so i guess it was z9ec in black color,any one? does some one know pakistan nave operates z9ec in black color?

one thing is for sure it was a damn attack helicopter it was in pure black color it was so different from cobra and bell ain't a match,the aircraft was same like this t-129 but the rear roter part doesn't match the pics of this aircraft in this thread for what i have seen on thursday morning.
I think you have miss Judged Z9ec of Navy as T-129 Atak which may use Faisal base or else I wonder you may have seen a chines Z-10 nothing else has a rear rotor blade like this which we may going to acquire ... and I think my first comment is more relevant ... :coffee:

Not black..
dark greyish rather..
However....considering what time of day it was.. whether it was against the sun or not..and other factors.. it was probably a PN Z-9..
unless there are other Z-9 derivatives under test.. which I sincerely doubt until there is any news or even a plausible rumor on it.

Does this look like something you saw?
http://www.defence.pk/forums/naval-forces/79134-navy-inducts-second-batch-z9ec-helicopters.html#post1245238

It is possible that it may have looked black against the sun..or other lighting.

Please CAN ANY BUDDY Reply this

What is expected Price per unit ??? compare to --- Apache ::: AH-1Z ::: Tiger --- and is their any ToT ???

Thanks in advance

Please CAN ANY BUDDY Reply this

Thanks in advance

Bro. calm down !!! :) nobody knows it yet coz still Turkiye is working on it !! we can know it after produced first helicopter at TAI. As you know we couldn't finish testing it with new avionics and electronics !!!

Not black..
dark greyish rather..
However....considering what time of day it was.. whether it was against the sun or not..and other factors.. it was probably a PN Z-9..
unless there are other Z-9 derivatives under test.. which I sincerely doubt until there is any news or even a plausible rumor on it.

Does this look like something you saw?
http://www.defence.pk/forums/naval-forces/79134-navy-inducts-second-batch-z9ec-helicopters.html#post1245238

It is possible that it may have looked black against the sun..or other lighting.

one thing is sure it was in black or grey color but after it crossed the sun what i saw was a pure black helicopter flying towards airport side or CoD,the rare rotor was like Z9-ec helicopter but the front part was different and no navy helicopter has black color,btw black or brown color truly represent attack helicopter if I am right.

Last edited:
one thing is sure it was in black or grey color but after it crossed the sun what i saw was a pure black helicopter flying towards airport side or CoD,the rare rotor was like Z9-ec helicopter but the front part was different and no navy helicopter has black color,btw black or brown color truly represent attack helicopter if I am right.

Its a US Army Black Hawk then. You can see them alot in Quetta and now in other cities as well due to flood relief operations as well.

well black hawk do not have a tail rotor like the one Jay said,

eurocopter-helicopters-eight-bladed-tail-rotor.jpg

it surely would have been Z9C as they are also quite slim and can be mistaken as an attack helicopter. the only doubt is of color that could easily have been mistaken due to bright sun light!

black hawk tail rotor can not be mistaken by the Z9C rotor!
99678_Tail-Rotor-of-an-Army-Blackhawk-Helicopter_620.jpg

Back
Top Bottom