What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

I guess Pakistan has no choice now but to just stick with this deal unless Pakistan can start building their own.

It cost Turkey/Italy just $3.2 billion to design and build the T129 Atak helicopter and Pakistan has spent $1.5 billion just purchasing it (plus $1 billion on the AH-1Zs).

I am sure Pakistan could've easily done a helicopter JV with China with that sort of money to build the machines suited for Pakistan.

I am not sure what the logic was for Pakistani Army going for this sanction-prone deal while PAF successfully managed to free itself from US with the JF-17 Thunder program.
What We have paid for AH 1Zs?
@HRK

If deal went through is great but if it doesn't Army should make an open bidding as @Quwa wrote in his blog for atleast 100 Helis for local assembly to replace cobras too let's see how it pans out Army's requirements.

Perhaps PA shall go for two attack helis one light to medium from China and one from Russia if allowed, heavy one.

T129 option is closed.
AH1Z option remains closed until end 2020 or next US elections.
Options open
China
Russia
SAfrica
Even refurbished AH1S Cobras remains closed. Good thing is that Army not conducting any kinetic ops, so depot level maintenance is the main priority.

T129 option is closed.
AH1Z option remains closed until end 2020 or next US elections.
Options open
China
Russia
SAfrica
Even refurbished AH1S Cobras remains closed. Good thing is that Army not conducting any kinetic ops, so depot level maintenance is the main priority.
More Mi35 and go for Z10ME.
Dont wast time, develop Z10 the same way as JF17

More Mi35 and go for Z10ME.
Dont wast time, develop Z10 the same way as JF17

Z-10s were rejected after the trials because the engine wasn't powerful enough to perform well when the machine was fully loaded. Hence, Pakistan went for the T-129.

Turkey needs to pull some strings and acquire another engine off-the-shelf (if possible) from Russia for Pakistani T-129s. Pakistan can't wait five years for Turkish engines to come online.

that witch is here to perform falatio on the indians.
Indian have small size this time its Pak turn she is coming for security matters. Well she tweeted about resumption of training but hint no resumption of security assistance yet she used word yet means they gonna resume soon. It's important for US to have strong military and economic relationship with Pak was Afghanistan now add Iran too in equation.So I believe after this trip we will see progress in all matters.
Also US is not giving any waiver to India over S400 deal means India has to give in further due to economic slowdown and turmoil India facing.
India's case is simple US wants a trade deal with India which suits US not India but India is stuck with Kashmir Pak China and now this citizens bill So far US approach is very soft but can twist Indian arms anytime they like. My take India will give in current scenario india has no choice let's see.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom