What's new

Pakistan Army has 570 VT 4 on order and with TOT

What kind of an autoloader does VT-4 have ? Russia-Ukraine conflict has shown us that the carrousel style autoloaders are a death trap for a crew. As P.A tanks have worse side armor than Russian tanks... I would highly suggest that the Al-Khalid 2 have a different style of autoloader.

Why?

Is it because the Russian don't have credible drones? Good God man think think think. Its Elementary
What? Both Ukraine and Russia are using tanks in their intended role. As a means to breakthrough enemy defenses. They have been used en masse and has been very effective at its job despite the UCAV threat (be it from the TB2 or the Orion). Both UCAVs can kill tanks and have been doing so, but that does not mean the tanks are obsolete. Ucavs can be shot down via AD. Ukraine's air force is hardly operating so they won't shoot down the UCAVs. Their AD on the other hand has been shooting down a lot of ucavs same with the Russians.

In the Pak-Indo scenario, the air war won't be so one sided. Both sides will be operating in the air and will have the ability to shoot down each others UCAVs. Tanks will always rule on the battlefield.

So u r clearly nit aware of the statement by the head of the British army re future of tanks...Good luck with that.

Yes landwarefare was dominant yet every expert claiming it was the TB2 that won the day is wring but u are correct.

Tanks today are no more than mobile artillery. Ukraine is showing that
if this were a serious defense forum, you'd be stopped from talking nonsense about things you have no knowledge of/experience with.

Britain is upgrading its Challenger 2.

drones work for assassinations or in defenseless 3rd rate countries like Afghanistan.

cabrit-official-20220312-094-10.jpg

Challenger 2 Main Battle Tank serving in Estonia as part of NATO’s Enhanced Forward Presence

army.mod.uk said:
Challenger 3 will lead NATO armoured forces with the highest levels of lethality and survivability on the battlefields of today and out to 2040

Last edited:
What? Both Ukraine and Russia are using tanks in their intended role. As a means to breakthrough enemy defenses. They have been used en masse and has been very effective at its job despite the UCAV threat (be it from the TB2 or the Orion). Both UCAVs can kill tanks and have been doing so, but that does not mean the tanks are obsolete. Ucavs can be shot down via AD. Ukraine's air force is hardly operating so they won't shoot down the UCAVs. Their AD on the other hand has been shooting down a lot of ucavs same with the Russians.

In the Pak-Indo scenario, the air war won't be so one sided. Both sides will be operating in the air and will have the ability to shoot down each others UCAVs. Tanks will always rule on the battlefield.
Oh dear ... OK whatever. Pointless talking with an expert like u

And who do you think revealed all this information :)
AK-1 production is stopping at 120. 100 AK-1 orders canceled for VT4s. Does not mean work on improving it is stopping.
I was not talking about improving them. I was talking about producing more AK I and coming up with AL KHALID II

TB2s usually take out S-300s, Pantsirs, Tors etc. first and then go for the other kills starting with the armored, artillery, rockets, missiles etc. and ending with troops concentrations.....

In the Indo-Pak scenario, once the PAF repeats a 02-27 the rest is all like a mop-up ops for TB2s....

I was not talking about improving them. I was talking about producing more AK I and coming up with AL KHALID II
Haider is the future of Al-Khalid. It’s a better Al-Khalid 2 than HIT could ever make. It makes no financial or logistical sense to work on AK-2. HIT will learn a lot more from the localization and indigenization of Haider than it would have from AK-2, which FYI there was very little actual tangible work on so far.

If with producing VT 4 we are going to stop production of AL KHALID I and end project AL KHALID II than it's a bad decision in my opinion
AK production is stopping. Work on AK isn’t stopping. The upgrades they had planned for AK as part of AK-2 are continuing development.

What kind of an autoloader does VT-4 have ? Russia-Ukraine conflict has shown us that the carrousel style autoloaders are a death trap for a crew. As P.A tanks have worse side armor than Russian tanks... I would highly suggest that the Al-Khalid 2 have a different style of autoloader.
Its clearly stated in different topics at pdf. I had same issue and some pdf members cleared it for me. that chinese tanks have protective casing for rounds which is safer than russian tank design loaders with exposed rounds in magazine prone to fire.

Also read this

Last edited:
No it's because drones don't go clear and hold objective, they don't flank and maneuver.
Loool..what would an Aries asset be used to flank and manoeuvre on the ground...

Do u know that apples and pineapples are different.
Where did u become an expert? 5th floor of the kabul Serena??

Loool..what would an Aries asset be used to flank and manoeuvre on the ground...

Do u know that apples and pineapples are different.
Where did u become an expert? 5th floor of the kabul Serena??
Stop polluting the thread. You don’t know the first thing about drones or tanks. It makes the thread a chore to read for people who are actually here for useful information.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom