What's new

Pakistan Army has 570 VT 4 on order and with TOT

They’re only feasible if HIT can fit the Chinese powertrain into the AK-1. Remains to be seen if they can accomplish that. If not they might go for the ERA with the Ukrainian engine, but that sounds like a bad idea given how underpowered it is.

How can Ukraine supply any engines, they are finished.

Why are we buying tanks when they are sitting duck...a TB2 costs a fraction of a tank and is a hard target and effective destroyer.
Where is our invesent in drone tech. Sorry we have great visionary leadership inger showbaaz and bajwa
Can you fly a drone in the winter smog on the plains of Punjab or at night and still be effective? What If there are preemptive attacks on drones bases, how can they be effective l? Drones can be easily fried, the technology is already here. Unfortunately the Armenians and the Russian didn’t have it.

Drones add value but there is no strategic change in the value of armor.

Last edited:
Why are we buying tanks when they are sitting duck...a TB2 costs a fraction of a tank and is a hard target and effective destroyer.
Where is our invesent in drone tech. Sorry we have great visionary leadership inger showbaaz and bajwa
How will you fight a war with drones? Please present a suitable operational plan.

How will you fight a war with drones? Please present a suitable operational plan.
I guess u will have to repsearch the recent conflicts involving TB2's

Can you fly a drone in the winter smog on the plains of Punjab or at night and still be effective. What If there are preemptive attacks on drones bases, how can they be. Drones can be easily fried, the technology is already here. Unfortunately the Armenians and the Russian didn’t have it.

Yes flir.
Why would all done be at bases when fighters acn be launched from roads

Even the British army who introduced tanks are moving away from tanks

Yes flir.
Why would all done be at bases when fighters acn be launched from roads

When u have nothing to say you laugh @Raja Porus

I
And who do you think revealed all this information :)
AK-1 production is stopping at 120. 100 orders canceled for VT4s. Does not mean work on improving it is stopping.
If the plan is to indigenize the tank, i think pulling resources from the alkhalid program and spending them on new capabilities for the new VT4 variant (IMO call it HAIDER MBT). Is a great decision.

Things for my personal upgrade wishlist are:
-New APS( that covers top attack atgms)
-Modular armour packages (light-heavy)
-New DU round e.g NAIZA mk2
-Loitering munition launching capability

And atlast if possible or financially feasible removal of carousel-type for turret bustle ammorack with blast doors.

I’m sure the thermals are 3rd gen since it’s a 2017 tank.
3rd Gen for Gunner, 2nd for commander AFAIK. Any thermals is better than no thermals. Most tanks don’t have CITVs at all.
And just because it’s 2nd Gen doesn’t mean it’s bad or worst than third generation, Abrams uses a 2nd Gen thermal (or did so until very recently) which was better than most third gens on the market. It’s a change in the technology that makes the system work, and while yes 3rd Gen is generally better than second, such is not always the case.

I

If the plan is to indigenize the tank, i think pulling resources from the alkhalid program and spending them on new capabilities for the new VT4 variant (IMO call it HAIDER MBT). Is a great decision.

Things for my personal upgrade wishlist are:
-New APS( that covers top attack atgms)
-Modular armour packages (light-heavy)
-New DU round e.g NAIZA mk2
-Loitering munition launching capability

And atlast if possible or financially feasible removal of carousel-type for turret bustle ammorack with blast doors.
Haider is already confirmed designation for VT-4.

Pakistan does not have the capability to make an APS. GL-5 is a decent option but doesn’t cover top attack.

VT-4 doesn’t need a different armor package, it’s mobile enough and the armor is good enough, could use with a major redesign in general, the design is very dated, but that’s a different can of worms.

New ammo already inducted with VT-4 (BTA-4 APFSDS) which is compatible with all Of PAs older tanks. It’s about as good as we can get, for anything better we’d need to change the auto-loaders. It’s better than Naiza and local production of it is likely.

Carousel auto loader is fine, there are other, cheaper ways to make it safer, for bustle system you’d need to redesign the entire tank, not feasible.

How can Ukraine supply any engines, they are finished.
They don’t need to, Pakistan has a decent stock of them to last until an alternative is found. Currently HIT is working on integrating the Chinese engine and transmission into AK. Which is no simple task, remains to be seen if they’re successful.

Can you fly a drone in the winter smog on the plains of Punjab or at night and still be effective? What If there are preemptive attacks on drones bases, how can they be effective l? Drones can be easily fried, the technology is already here. Unfortunately the Armenians and the Russian didn’t have it.

TB2 fanboys are pure cringe.

When employed properly tanks will not be obsolete for the foreseeable future.

Let me see.

Azerbaijan-Armenian conflict;

Land Warfare was dominant.

Russian-Ukrain War:

Still tanks

I don't know man Drones are overrated

Explain why they are upgrading Challenger tank

Or they are going towards Challenger 3

Let me see.

Azerbaijan-Armenian conflict;

Land Warfare was dominant.

Russian-Ukrain War:

Still tanks

I don't know man Drones are overrated

Explain why they are upgrading Challenger tank

Or they are going towards Challenger 3
So u r clearly nit aware of the statement by the head of the British army re future of tanks...Good luck with that.

Yes landwarefare was dominant yet every expert claiming it was the TB2 that won the day is wring but u are correct.

When employed properly tanks will not be obsolete for the foreseeable future.
Tanks today are no more than mobile artillery. Ukraine is showing that

So u r clearly nit aware of the statement by the head of the British army re future of tanks...Good luck with that.

Yes landwarefare was dominant yet every expert claiming it was the TB2 that won the day is wring but u are correct.

Tanks today are no more than mobile artillery. Ukraine is showing that
Ukraine is showing the complete opposite. The Ukrainians are using their tanks to smash through the Russian defenses, just like they were designed to do since the birth of the tank. They aren't just a form of mobile arty.

Ukraine is showing the complete opposite. The Ukrainians are using their tanks to smash through the Russian defenses, just like they were designed to do since the birth of the tank. They aren't just a form of mobile arty.
Why?

Is it because the Russian don't have credible drones? Good God man think think think. Its Elementary

Back
Top Bottom