What's new

Pakistan Army has 570 VT 4 on order and with TOT

Its clearly stated in different topics at pdf. I had same issue and some pdf members cleared it for me. that chinese tanks have protective casing for rounds which is safer than russian tank design loaders with exposed rounds in magazine prone to fire.

Also read this
I have read through most of those posts. While it's assuring that they thought of it. None of the modern Chinese or Pakistani modified tanks have faced threats like Javelins and NLAWS to begin with. So we hope the measures taken are good enough. Secondly, the protective casing is for the rounds stored in the fighting compartment I think. The rounds in the rotating magazine won't share the same protection. The lack of side armor and even lack of a good up armor kit for our tanks will not help either. Not to forget we don't have active protection systems (mildly frustrating).
Pakistani/Chinese tanks should move away from this autoloading system in my opinion.
If we can't afford the survivability of the Tank then atleast we should increase the survivability of the crew.

The ones I am giving estimate is against ke protection. Other one is chemical energy which for now as far as my knowledgr goes should be higher around 900mm for front
Again. Even with KE, you can’t just use a single number, it will have a different one against different ammo, that’s how armor works.

Bro as they say 'to ensure peace you need to prepare for war'.
It also puts a stop to their 'cold start' doctrine as it looks like Pakistan would smash any armoured advance from them conventionally.
As such if India can't decisively face Pak how can they counter China? A sign for the Pentagon....

Off topic retarded post.
While your "retarded" part doesn't bother me that much since it could be due to your lack of understanding and even then merely a matter of opinion, care to explain how is it off-topic???

Again. Even with KE, you can’t just use a single number, it will have a different one against different ammo, that’s how armor works.
Avg estimate man. Different angle also reduce penetration for warhead. Alkhalid has good protection for frontal.

Now about top attack I think only tanks with aps protection of top attack can help out.
I have read through most of those posts. While it's assuring that they thought of it. None of the modern Chinese or Pakistani modified tanks have faced threats like Javelins and NLAWS to begin with. So we hope the measures taken are good enough. Secondly, the protective casing is for the rounds stored in the fighting compartment I think. The rounds in the rotating magazine won't share the same protection. The lack of side armor and even lack of a good up armor kit for our tanks will not help either. Not to forget we don't have active protection systems (mildly frustrating).
Pakistani/Chinese tanks should move away from this autoloading system in my opinion.
If we can't afford the survivability of the Tank then atleast we should increase the survivability of the crew.

Read this,

In order to reduce the risk of ammunition exploding after the armor is penetrated in actual combat, the Chinese military engineering team has developed a new type of inert propellant to innovate the design. Compared with the propellant used in Russian-made tank shells, the self-developed inert propellant produced by China has the advantages of being non-flammable, non-explosive, and relatively safe when hit by passive and chemical energy at high speeds. In actual combat It can greatly improve the survival rate of the crew members. Similar to the Russian-made tank, if it is penetrated, the chance of the ammunition exploding and the whole vehicle will be killed.

They’re only feasible if HIT can fit the Chinese powertrain into the AK-1. Remains to be seen if they can accomplish that. If not they might go for the ERA with the Ukrainian engine, but that sounds like a bad idea given how underpowered it is.

ERA have any relation with powerful
Pack of tank ?

Another Turkish active protection solution, PULAT, being integrated into the M60T MBT fleet. I am pretty sure it's a food for thought for the Pak planners....

Only 3 armies in the world have such capabilities....

Last edited:
1663522637155.png

Desert camo

Unfortunately no formation signs
These are likely from the trials and might not be how the final camo looks. Also why they don’t have any formations signs. That VT4 does not have Roof ERA, is using FY2 and has the older turret. Hence a Pre-PA specific upgrade tank from the trials is likely.

ERA have any relation with powerful
Pack of tank ?
ERA adds weight. If your tank doesn’t have a good echoing engine, then adding more weight even if it is armor might be more detrimental than helpful. I’m sure AK can Use FY4 with its current engine but if they want good coverage it’ll add a lot of weight that the already rather underpowered engine might not deal well with.

Avg estimate man. Different angle also reduce penetration for warhead. Alkhalid has good protection for frontal.

Now about top attack I think only tanks with aps protection of top attack can help out.

Read this,

In order to reduce the risk of ammunition exploding after the armor is penetrated in actual combat, the Chinese military engineering team has developed a new type of inert propellant to innovate the design. Compared with the propellant used in Russian-made tank shells, the self-developed inert propellant produced by China has the advantages of being non-flammable, non-explosive, and relatively safe when hit by passive and chemical energy at high speeds. In actual combat It can greatly improve the survival rate of the crew members. Similar to the Russian-made tank, if it is penetrated, the chance of the ammunition exploding and the whole vehicle will be killed.

AK has Decent frontal protection. The only reason I keep correcting you is because that’s not how an average estimate works (you can’t just not mention Ammo, angles, which part of the tank is being hit because even at the front there’s over half a dozen different thicknesses and what metric is being used as a successful penetration and give a number) and I don’t want people throwing around that number a week later thinking it’s the truth.

A T90S from the same weight class (actually lighter) will outdo the AK in protection. That doesn’t mean AK doesn’t have enough armor however. It can stop it’s own APFSDS/BM42 without ERA handily.

Last edited:
Goes to show why a good reverse speed is so important. In the time that thing retreated to cover they could have imported another ATGM from the US and hit it again, twice. T72 and T90S are limited to just a 4 KM/h reverse speed, meanwhile the Al-Khalid has nearly 34Km/H and the VT-4P has just over 20. It’s one of the lesser known major weaknesses of the Indian tank fleet as compared to the Pakistani one, but it’s an extremely major one, once these tanks come under fire, there’s simply no chance of retreating to safety.

Goes to show why a good reverse speed is so important. In the time that thing retreated to cover they could have imported another ATGM from the US and hit it again, twice. T72 and T90S are limited to just a 4 KM/h reverse speed, meanwhile the Al-Khalid has nearly 34Km/H and the VT-4P has just over 20. It’s one of the lesser known major weaknesses of the Indian tank fleet as compared to the Pakistani one, but it’s an extremely major one, once these tanks come under fire, there’s simply no chance of retreating to safety.
In video its clearly seen that the tank had to eventually rotate to evade quickly so exposing the back

Back
Top Bottom