What's new

Pakistan Army conducts successful test launch of Babur 1B Cruise Missile

Yep, seems to be fairly under 1000km benchmark, so not sure where did the extended range bit come from.
ISPR apparently said so via a statement to our news outlets.

This is the quote the ISPR reportedly gave:

"The missile spanned a range of 900 kilometers and the test flight was aimed at the re-validating of various design and technical parameters of the weapon system including an advanced navigation system,"​

I found the quote at these outlets:

900 km is too short range

should be 1200 miles

ALso what about Pakistan Hypersonic Missiles

Babur cruise missile have almost same weight and dims if you compare with Tomahawk.......

And Tomahawk range is 1500 Kms.....

:enjoy:
Tomahawk has three versions. One has range of 1350 KM one has range of 1800 KM and one has range of 2490 KM.

ISPR apparently said so via a statement to our news outlets.

This is the quote the ISPR reportedly gave:

"The missile spanned a range of 900 kilometers and the test flight was aimed at the re-validating of various design and technical parameters of the weapon system including an advanced navigation system,"​

I found the quote at these outlets:

That statement is about the Shaheen-1A missile.
75217505-86A1-4D1F-BCD7-CB28AF670B27.png

The reason the test was not shown is there are certain external changes that can give away certain indicators to the............nuff said.

Pressing X for doubt.

Not saying there can't be minor design changes in 1B. Sure there will be some experimentation to improve aerodynamics but it is unlikely to be radically different from 1A. Babur I series is a fairly mature design and most changes will be under the hood. Two changes I expect will be improved avionics and navigation (carried over from Babur II?). ISPR press release does state 1B carries "advanced navigation" so that checks out.

Now the above two could be contributing factors along with minor design changes that can improve range, but all of this combined is unlikely to account for the jump in range. There is some secret sauce in 1B, just not sure where. It is a shy sauce.

Last edited:
Pressing X for doubt.

Not saying there can't be minor design changes in 1B. Sure there will be some experimentation to improve aerodynamics but it is unlikely to be radically different from 1A. Babur I series is a fairly mature design and most changes will be under the hood. Two changes I expect will be improved avionics and navigation (carried over from Babur II?). ISPR press release does state 1B carries "advanced navigation" so that checks out.

Now the above two could be contributing factors along with minor design changes that can improve range, but all of this combined is unlikely to account for the jump in range. There is some secret sauce in 1B, just not sure where. It is a shy sauce.

To a lay man no, but to a engineer or a scientist......and not only injuns be looking......nuff said

Looking forward to hearing more about this. I wonder what the extended range is. They specifically mentioned it, so i assume it's significant.
Better engine i guess..was really needed
I this will be ablw to hit anywhere in india and by pass missle defense system

The reason the test was not shown is there are certain external changes that can give away certain indicators to the............nuff said.
Makes the most sense. ISPR almost always releases a video. Perhaps the launch platform is being hidden too.

Going by what the Americans used to do with Tonahawk cruise missiles, this test was quite good.

Americans used to fire the missiles over significant stretch of land so that missiles dong go lost due to lack of landmarks.

This Pakistani test was almost all over water , depicting a very advanced navigation system

india is testing 5000km missiles these days ustaad ji
1. we don't need a missile with range (yet) as our immediate primary and secondary enemies are both well within the range of existing missiles.
2. india's 5000km range agni is a ballistic missile, not a ground hugging cruise missile, so different systems with different requirements.
3. as per the u.s. news link that you posted, doubling the range still makes it the "same old (ghisay pitay) missiles" in your opinion? very subjective of you.
sir 3M-54 is also cruse missile with range of 4500km .
4. that's the 3M-14 that has a range of 4500km, not the 3M-54! 😑
SmartSelect_20211221-175535_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm glad that NESCOM doesn't need any validation from the likes of you. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom