What's new

Pakistan test fires 900 km Shaheen 1A successfully

Can you please show me documentary evidence that suggests that recent American policy desires to end testing of NASR and SHAHEEN III?
Lots of policy desires of USA have not been fulfilled in past and are still not met: The nuclear program is one, in which Pakistan was under sanctions for decades. Current Afghan war and shooting down IAF planes (using US supplied weapons) is another. NASR has been given a more alarming response from US due to the tactical and destabilizing nature of the system itself as it reduces the nuclear threshold tremendously. Overall NASR and tactical nukes are a much bigger concern than Ababeel (a strategic rather than a tactical system) because for Ababeels development Pakistan can justify Indian purchase of Russian BMDs like S400, but NASR clearly indicates the use of nukes to counter even a conventional response from India - which is a big headache for powers like US who are concerned about stability and peace overall.

If we go with analyst opinion and other policy recommendations overall, NASR and tactical nukes have always been a much bigger concern - and Pretty sure USA has officially communicated concerns regarding the development and safety/handling issues with tactical nukes.

I have not seen as many concerning statements or reports regarding Ababeel compared to NASR and tactical nukes.

Last edited:
Lots of policy desires of USA have not been fulfilled in past and are still not met: The nuclear program is one, in which Pakistan was under sanctions for decades. Current Afghan war is another. NASR has been given a more alarming response from US due to the tactical and destabilizing nature of the system itself as it reduces the nuclear threshold tremendously. Overall NASR and tactical nukes are a much bigger concern than Ababeel (a strategic rather than a tactical system) because for Ababeels development Pakistan can justify Indian purchase of Russian BMDs like S400, but NASR clearly indicates the use of nukes to counter a conventional response from India.

I have not seen as many concerning statements regarding Ababeel as compared to NASR.
The only response now is to build the economy and show them the middle finger.

Lots of policy desires of USA have not been fulfilled in past and are still not met: The nuclear program is one, in which Pakistan was under sanctions for decades. Current Afghan war is another. NASR has been given a more alarming response from US due to the tactical and destabilizing nature of the system itself as it reduces the nuclear threshold tremendously. Overall NASR and tactical nukes are a much bigger concern than Ababeel (a strategic rather than a tactical system) because for Ababeels development Pakistan can justify Indian purchase of Russian BMDs like S400, but NASR clearly indicates the use of nukes to counter a conventional response from India.

I have not seen as many concerning statements regarding Ababeel as compared to NASR.

True, but that is a success of previous leadership, Kiyani and Raheel. If Bajwa and Khan had been around then, who knows if we would have been able to induct Nasr even? Currently, Alhamdulillah, they haven't been able to spread their tentacles so far that they can affect already inducted systems. Also, US policy seems to have changed since 2013, the timeframe of the article you quoted. If you recall, before Swift Retort, some Indian posters here were talking about the ineffectiveness of Nasr. A user name The Deterrent tried to engage them along with SQ8 I believe. So no wonder we still have Nasr. Which is why I asked specifically for a recent policy document.

As far as the nuclear program goes, just see how this IMF and FATF drama plays out. Bajwa and Khan are simply waiting to declare we have no money for the nuclear program.

LOL, I guess the only serious questions are being raised by PDF fanboys. Why do they need to test it, if there are no changes/improvements made to the system? A missile costs millions of dollars, you just don't test them unless it is really important to test them.

Pakistan should test Ababeel now. Not testing it is raising serious questions.

True, but that is a success of previous leadership, Kiyani and Raheel. If Bajwa and Khan had been around then, who knows if we would have been able to induct Nasr even? Currently, Alhamdulillah, they haven't been able to spread their tentacles so far that they can affect already inducted systems. Also, US policy seems to have changed since 2013, the timeframe of the article you quoted. If you recall, before Swift Retort, some Indian posters here were talking about the ineffectiveness of Nasr. A user name The Deterrent tried to engage them along with SQ8 I believe. So no wonder we still have Nasr. Which is why I asked specifically for a recent policy document.

As far as the nuclear program goes, just see how this IMF and FATF drama plays out. Bajwa and Khan are simply waiting to declare we have no money for the nuclear program.
You are now mixing political issues with policy and strategic issues. I am not privy to any closed door meetings in such high offices, so I cant say or question their sincerity at this level. But the reason I cannot go with your line is that Ababeel was actually tested when Bajwa was COAS along with NS as PM (who is accused to be even less patriotic in some circles and is accused of being a sellout to even India!). So unless we have concrete information about the program, we cannot create theories and try to fill the picture according to our desires. The absence of test can be due to so many other plausible reasons - here is one reason I can think: how do we even know the first test was even successful, maybe certain parameters required further development. Now this is completely hypothetical, and just because we do not have a test today, it doesn’t mean the previous test was unsuccessful or in a more fantastic case there is a secret lobby who was able to stop Ababeel development.

Lol nice reading some fantasy conspiracy theories being made out of thin air.

Because if you don't know or not. The three officers who were given death and life imprisonment. The rumors started taking rounds that they managed to give information of our Missiles and specially if Ababeel to CIA. Therefore many who study defence matters think Ababeel has been compromised.

Sorry pal bullsh*t, Ababeel is our first MiRV missile, it is also a highly classified project with serious implications for international relations.......nuff said.

Tests will be more secretive.
they barrow same parade camera for PTV .

Hahaha but in missile tests sometimes it is better to have a low resolution video.........nuff said.

Back
Top Bottom