What's new

Pakistan Army - AIR DEFENCE CORPS - Formation, Structure, Weapons

Yes a 200km range long range sam stationed 100-150km inside your border will cover threat well inside the opponent borders but I am not aware of a single sam /missile which can cover every threat

For example s400 is made up multiple type of sensors and interceptors

Anyway 4 -5 such system will cover Easter borders as well as western border where there are strategic assets and population centres

Let’s see when long range sam comes into the pic

Last edited:
Its there any chance that Pakistan can have/developed SD 10, PL15 Ground launched like this? It will be mobile and can move with Troops
@Signalian @Gryphon @Basel @Dazzler @HRK @LKJ86 @Deino
220px-AIM-120_AMRAAM_P6230147.JPG.jpg

Last edited:
We have got PANTSIR for the reason that it is a hybrid system, it has 12 missiles on one vehicle with a range of 20 Kms and radio command guidance , the guns are secondary weapons with range of 4 Kms. Even in PANTSIR for firing of guns the system needs to be stopped and jacks lowered. However for missiles, it can fire while moving.

Nopes dear. Unit has bee raised, OEM trg at Russia done, it was to be delivered in January as you say, but Covid-19 has delayed everything.

A whole regiment.

@Signalian @Gryphon @Dazzler @HRK @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Pantsir S-1
So we bought S1 version when latest version SM is already there. hmm Ok

Its there any chance that Pakistan can have/developed SD 10, PL15 Ground launched like this? It will be mobile and can move with Troops
@Signalian @Gryphon @Basel @Dazzler @HRK @LKJ86 @Deino
View attachment 604568
@PanzerKiel what about these sir? Our Airforce already have SD 10s. We can convert them to SAMs

Just a suggestion, i think someone ought to open a new thread for Chinese FK-1000 GM SP System. Reasons will become obvious in the near future...very near maybe.

https://defence-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Fk-1000.jpg

Fk-1000.jpg
Wikipedia suggest its price to be $5 million cpmpared to $15 million of Pantsir S1

So we bought S1 version when latest version SM is already there. hmm Ok

@PanzerKiel what about these sir? Our Airforce already have SD 10s. We can convert them to SAMs

Wikipedia suggest its price to be $5 million cpmpared to $15 million of Pantsir S1

Personally, I'm a big fan of AAMs mounted on vehicles. But haven't heard of them around me.

As far as price of FK 1000, you just found another good reason.

The Pakistan Army at least a had a mobile SAM requirement, but we won't know what the final selection will be until we see it. However, it seems like a deal with someone (Russia or China) was signed a couple of years ago for sure.

The Pakistan Army at least a had a mobile SAM requirement, but we won't know what the final selection will be until we see it. However, it seems like a deal with someone (Russia or China) was signed a couple of years ago for sure.

That is correct

We should start receiving the first batch of batteries before the end of the year, but not sure if the timelines have been pushed out due to Covid.

Any insight into if we returned the FT2000 batteries back to China or did we decide to keep them?

That is correct

We should start receiving the first batch of batteries before the end of the year, but not sure if the timelines have been pushed out due to Covid.

Any insight into if we returned the FT2000 batteries back to China or did we decide to keep them?
I think an MoDP official told TASS that there's interest in the FD-2000. IMO they're past evaluating that system -- likely at the stage of trying to secure funding to buy 3-4 batteries.

The really interesting thing to see is whether the FD-2000 is an Army-only acquisition (since it can seamlessly link those with its mostly Chinese ADGE), or if the PAF and PN will follow. I wonder if the PAF might look to acquire the CAMM-ER and/or SAMP/T instead.

I think an MoDP official told TASS that there's interest in the FD-2000. IMO they're past evaluating that system -- likely at the stage of trying to secure funding to buy 3-4 batteries.

The really interesting thing to see is whether the FD-2000 is an Army-only acquisition (since it can seamlessly link those with its mostly Chinese ADGE), or if the PAF and PN will follow. I wonder if the PAF might look to acquire the CAMM-ER and/or SAMP/T instead.
I hope we wait till HQ 9C rolls out

Back
Top Bottom