What's new

Pakistan and Israel

The role of General Zia-ul-Haq in the events of Black September (1970), involving killing of 25000 Palestinians in Jordan

During Black September the head of Pakistani training commission took command of the 2nd Division and helped kill and cleanse the Palestinians (est. 25,000 dead) from Jordan.

It was none other that Zia ul Haq.

So much for the Palestinian cause.

He was awarded Jordan's highest honour for the services rendered.

Zia was stationed in Jordan from 1967 to 1970 as a Brigadier, helping in the training of Jordanian soldiers, as well as leading the training mission into battle during the Black September operations as commander of Jordanian 2nd Division, a strategy that proved crucial to King Hussein's remaining in power.

…

Zia remained posted in Jordan from 1967 till 1970, where he was involved in training and leading Jordon's military. He is still highly respected in Jordan for his role in the Black September operations in support of King Hussein, where he commanded Jordan's 2nd division. Zia's troops were heavily involved in street-to-street urban fighting and are credited with killing scores of Palestinians. Black September was a great example of how the Arab nations despise the Palestinians, and their support of them only goes as far as to encourage and help the Palestinians to kill Jews.

Prophet of Doom - Good Muslims - General Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq - Pakistan Dictator - 1977-1988

…

Black September
September 1970 is known as the Black September in Arab history and sometimes is referred to as the "era of regrettable events." It was a month when Hashemite King Hussein of Jordan moved to quash the autonomy of Palestinian organizations and restore his monarchy's rule over the country. The violence resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands of people, the vast majority Palestinian. Armed conflict lasted until July 1971 with the expulsion of the PLO and thousands of Palestinian fighters to Lebanon.

….

Jordanian army attacks
On September 15, King Hussein declared martial law. The next day, Jordanian tanks (the 60th Armored Brigade) attacked the headquarters of Palestinian organizations in Amman; the army also attacked camps in Irbid, Salt, Sweileh,Baq'aa, Wehdat and Zarqa. Then the head of Pakistani training mission to Jordan, Brigadier Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq (later Chief of Army Staff and President of Pakistan), took command of the 2nd division. In addition, the Iraqi army in Jordan after 1967 war serving as a reserve forces supported the Jordanian army.

Arafat later claim that the Jordanian army killed between 10,000 and 25,000 Palestinians.

The armored troops were inefficient in narrow city streets and thus the Jordanian army conducted house to house sweeps for Palestinian fighters and got immersed in heavy urban warfare with the inexperienced and undisciplined Palestinian fighters.
Amman experienced the heaviest fighting in the Black September uprising. The American backed Jordanian army shelled the PLO headquarters in Amman and battled with Palestinian guerillas in the narrow streets of the capital. Syrian tanks rolled across the Yarmouk River into northern Jordan and began shelling Amman and other northern urban areas. Outdated missiles fired by the PLO struck Amman for more than a week. Jordanian infantry pushed the Palestinian Fedayeen out of Amman after weeks of bitter fighting.

you dumb Israeli don't you know that this same Zia-ul-Haq is responsible for the introduction of Drugs,Assault Rifles and killing of scores of Muslims in Pakistan.

And Also he is responsible for the creation of terrorists.

you dumb Israeli don't you know that this same Zia-ul-Haq is responsible for the introduction of Drugs,Assault Rifles and killing of scores of Muslims in Pakistan.

common yaar, he is a guest on this forum. If we can have a flood of indians on this forum, no reason we cant treat this man with respect.

I usually don't like to comment about active/retired services personnel on here, but I agree with what you say about Gen. Zia. A lot of his legacy lingers on in Pakistan; like a ghost.... --- much of it not good for the country.

I'd also blame geography :D

common yaar, he is a guest on this forum. If we can have a flood of indians on this forum, no reason we cant treat this man with respect.

Well Sir,

There is a difference between Indians and these Israeli's.Indians no matter how bad can not be worse than Israeli Zionists.

1 Israel = 10,000 Indians

Well Sir,

There is a difference between Indians and these Israeli's.Indians no matter how bad can not be worse than Israeli Zionists.

1 Israel = 10,000 Indians

what methods did you use to calculate this number :D

by the way, the interesting thing I read is that Orthodox Judaism strictly forbids concepts/movement like zionism. It goes against the "Talmud"

Develeopro,

Can't you ask MoDs and trace his IP to know if he is from Switzerland or not? I don't know if it is possible or not, I am a finance guy. As you wasted a lot of time on a stupid issue.

Hey, we have to respect others, watch your language and no name calling!

I know ......its a Zionist undercover
my God
some people here are paranoid
be open minded
speak peace

Not everything is about Zionism.

Hey being pro India doesn't mean Anti Muslim..why do you people keep getting selective amnesia, that India has the second largest Muslim population in the World.

Means it is a Pakistani forum so you guys can say any thing to any one( Esp Indian/Israeli/American/Russian), but can't digest the simplest criticism?:angry:

He is pro-India and anti-Muslim. I didn't say they were related; simply that they are both true in this case. I have no problem with the first one, but I will challenge anyone with ignorant anti-Muslim rants.

Please read this thread and you will see his constant anti-Muslim rants and attempt to defend an indefensible (and most likely unconstitutional) law just because it targets Muslims.

I have no problem with people who criticize honestly. Solomon2 and totach here are upfront about their background. We may disagree, but at least they are not hiding their bias.

Develeopro,

Can't you ask MoDs and trace his IP to know if he is from Switzerland or not? I don't know if it is possible or not, I am a finance guy. As you wasted a lot of time on a stupid issue.

I have no doubt he is posting from Switzerland. Lots of people (Indians and Pakistanis) work abroad.

I was establishing his bias because he claimed to be defending the Swiss minaret law as a Swiss national, yet made a number of vague/false statements about Swiss history, and failed to answer a trivial question that would have established his Swiss credentials.

As you know, there have been many instances of people hiding behind false flags just to troll.

In any case, since he has admitted his bias, the matter is resolved for me and, hopefully, him.

Last edited:
I think it's important to show respect to our guests.

Grill them, throw questions at them, critisize (meaningfully).....but name-calling shouldnt be allowed i dont think. It downgrades us.

He's giving his (Israeli) perspective. He is pro-Peace and even said he hopes to visit Pakistan and enjoy it. So why should some people still get angry when his intentions seem good for the most part --and some people bringing religion into it why?

This is a professional forum. Sometimes tensions and emotions run high. But like i said --- we allow indians to post freely on here. It's interesting to get israeli perspective as well -- especially one that seems pragmatic and forward-looking

lets be patient and courteous to our guests......this isnt a homogeneous haven for jingoists --- like bharat-ratshak

The role of General Zia-ul-Haq in the events of Black September (1970), involving killing of 25000 Palestinians in Jordan

Please do not post websites like those here. "Prophet of Doom" is a website proven wrong many many times. So many times that even atheists frown upon it. Please use another source.

We do not want to be apart of their hidden racism and religious discrimination.

Thanks. :pakistan:

India has the second largest Muslim population in the World.

Means it is a Pakistani forum so you guys can say any thing to any one( Esp Indian/Israeli/American/Russian), but can't digest the simplest criticism?:angry:

Funny fiest was indonesia and 2nd was Pakistan:rofl:
Try *** and isreali fprum just say israel providef weapons for taliban in 70 trust me ur u will get banned.

Moral of the thread.

Pakistan itself is not trying to have friendly relations with Israel then what is the point in stretching our brains over it.

Yesterday PAF dropped pamphlets, accusing Israel for supporting terrorism in Pakistan, to gain support of your people. This is already exposed in international Media. Pakistan wouldn't wanna mess with Israel. Seriously. Had it been India, I would have said the same thing.

Funny fiest was indonesia and 2nd was Pakistan:rofl:
Try *** and isreali fprum just say israel providef weapons for taliban in 70 trust me ur u will get banned.

Hey, what's wrong with you, seeing double:hang2: or just started learning English?:lol:

u will get banned

Well if that's your appetite, why have this forum?:sick:
Grow up man:cheers:

so ...... what I know from history is that General at the time
1970 Zia Ul Haq led with king Hussien of Jordan a massacre
of 20.000 Palestinians in what known as black September

go to the books, study ,face reality and preach for peace in your land
and elsewhere

more:
IDF ARMOR ??? ??????-??"?

this is funny !
:rofl:

Gen Zia was not a General in 1970, he was a Brigadier !

The mission was ordered by King Hussain, not by Brigadier Zia ul Haq.

If you think, that mission was not justified,
then by the same token, we can also declare the operation against Taliban is not justified ?
and we can also prove that Afghan refugees are justified to over throw the Government of Pakistan ?

You are talking about a man, who invented and twice used the strategy of directly threatening Israel ?

You are talking about a man, who along with King Faisal ( KSA) was sworn supporter of exterminating Israel policy ?

On September 15, King Hussein declared martial law. The next day, Jordanian tanks (the 60th Armored Brigade) attacked the headquarters of Palestinian organizations in Amman; the army also attacked camps in Irbid, Salt, Sweileh, Baq'aa, Wehdat and Zarqa. Then the head of Pakistani training mission to Jordan, Brigadier Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq (later Chief of Army Staff and President of Pakistan), took command of the 2nd division.[12][13] In addition, the Iraqi army that remained in Jordan after the 1967 war serving as a reserve forces supported the Jordanian army.[14]

Arafat later claimed that the Jordanian army killed between 10,000 and 25,000 Palestinians, although more conservative estimates put the number between 1000 and 2000

and another account
Arab nations colloquially referred to Black September after King Hussein's 1970 crackdown on the PLO because of the brutality of the three-week war, which put an end to the PLO's rogue state-within-a-state in Jordan as well as its guerilla attacks on Israeli-occupied Arab territory in the West Bank. Hussein, who was the target of numerous assassination attempts by the PLO and other Palestinian factions, and whose authority had been in doubt, first signed a cease-fire agreement with the PLO in late September, 1970, then expelled Yasser Arafat and the PLO in early 1971. The PLO migrated to Lebanon, weapons and destabilizing designs in tow.

Why do you guys try to portray history in wrong perspective ?

Last edited:
An old Pakistani movie... Zarqa.
(plays better in a new window = red arrow on youtube)

And a couple of good songs from it:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom