What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Numerous collaborations can happen.
China - Pakistan
Turkey - Pakistan
Italy - Pakistan

The only roadblock is our current state of the economy / financial situation but this also can be overcome by reducing the "waste " in our budget and proper utilisation of the funds.
@fatman17 EF r coming from Italy???

True, offer is on the table. EF tranche 1 with upgrade.
Should take it along few more new and used EFs happy we looking EU option yes also look for F16 AESA upgrades.

SU35's...
Russian r good for Army needs tanks, Gunships, APCs along air defence needs SAM systems jetts no good.

Italian offer is on the table, that's all I can confirm.
I had known of the Italian offer being on the table for some time. Unfortunately yesterday came to know that the chances of SU-35 are greater.

We all know how things work in PAF so we can not be sure till the aircraft actually lands on Pakistani soil in PAF's colours to confirm.

Seems like Turkey is considering JF-17.
144CB8DC-799C-46A2-918A-B05D77B87C30.jpeg

Correct a combination of darters is not out of the question either

A non-emitting F-7PG could fire an IR-Darter guided by AWACs or other aircraft in the formation. That would make an interesting interceptor.

I am also very interested in the close air support capability of the F-7PG. The wing design means it is far more ideal than a regular MiG-21 could ever be for such a mission. Basically, Pakistan has an area between Southern Punjab and Northern Sindh where there is a "gap" and it is expected that Indian armored forces could move towards this area with possible maneuver warfare taking place. A defensive CAS mission would not need long legs, just a good variety of munitions, a few passes in this open and inaccessible desert would leave any incoming armored formations worse for wear.

Should take it along few more new and used EFs happy we looking EU option yes also look for F16 AESA upgrades.

Russian r good for Army needs tanks, Gunships, APCs along air defence needs SAM systems jetts no good.

PAF has a habit of evaluating all kinds of systems, almost anything it gets in hands on. It is very hard to guess what the PAF will buy based on an evaluation.

It would be amazing if the PAF got Eurofighters with Meteor integration. That would be a killer counter to the IAF as the Eurofighter has always been the better a2a platform.

A non-emitting F-7PG could fire an IR-Darter guided by AWACs or other aircraft in the formation. That would make an interesting interceptor.

I am also very interested in the close air support capability of the F-7PG. The wing design means it is far more ideal than a regular MiG-21 could ever be for such a mission. Basically, Pakistan has an area between Southern Punjab and Northern Sindh where there is a "gap" and it is expected that Indian armored forces could move towards this area with possible maneuver warfare taking place. A defensive CAS mission would not need long legs, just a good variety of munitions, a few passes in this open and inaccessible desert would leave any incoming armored formations worse for wear.

PAF has a habit of evaluating all kinds of systems, almost anything it gets in hands on. It is very hard to guess what the PAF will buy based on an evaluation.

It would be amazing if the PAF got Eurofighters with Meteor integration. That would be a killer counter to the IAF as the Eurofighter has always been the better a2a platform.
I am not fan of Russian jet 27 feb is good example we should negotiate used and new typhoons if this happens F16 chapter is closed for good yes upgrade them along used F16s.

Back
Top Bottom