What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

1965 photo of Squadron Leader Najeeb Ahmed Khan with a B-57 in the background. Now retired Air Commodore, Najeeb can be seen visiting crash site of his friend Squadron Leader Shabbir Alam Siddiqui near Jamnagar in CNN-IBN special 'Missing in Action' documentary. In 1965 war, Najeeb piloted B-57 in bombing attacks on various IAF bases including Ambala, Jodhpur, Halwara and Adamapur.

1238057_525370134210111_1604962466_n.jpg

Too much competition there. India, South Korea, Russia, US. Would be very surprised if Malaysia opts for JFT.
India---No chance. The product is a mess with high costs and dubious supply lines
South Korea---Will be too expensive (Good product though)
Russia---Possible but they have a bad rep with serviceability of the Jets that the RMAF already operate. they are retiring the mig29's they already have.(They may just order more su35's)
US---Possible depending but the political situation may affect this one. As well as expensive (They may just order more hornets)
Pakistan---Possible if they are happy with the product.

It will boil down to price. That's the reason why the MRCA deal for the RMAF was shelved.

India---No chance. The product is a mess with high costs and dubious supply lines
South Korea---Will be too expensive (Good product though)
Russia---Possible but they have a bad rep with serviceability of the Jets that the RMAF already operate. they are retiring the mig29's they already have.(They may just order more su35's)
US---Possible depending but the political situation may affect this one. As well as expensive (They may just order more hornets)
Pakistan---Possible if they are happy with the product.

It will boil down to price. That's the reason why the MRCA deal for the RMAF was shelved.
Fair assessment but I feel SKorea may offer a loan package to get the deal.

Fair assessment but I feel SKorea may offer a loan package to get the deal.
I looked at the planes potentially involved in this. And have had a rethink.

---T-50 Golden Eagle, Russia’s YAK-130, Leonardo M-346FA, BAE Systems Hawk, India’s Tejas and the JF-17 Thunder from Pakistan.---

I think the first 4 probably have the best chances. With the HAWK the The M-346FA and T50 having the best chances. They are looking to spend up to 1.6 billion dollars to supply 36 aircraft. It will then depend on what additional infrastructure they need.

It's also depends on strategic support that comes with fighter jets. One of the main factor where JF17 lacks the most. The main competition is between Russia’s YAK-130, Leonardo M-346FA, BAE Systems Hawk. Price and terms of payment is also critical for Malaysia so I think Chinese involvement can play a role in JF17 getting winner.

Pakistan, Russia agree to expand mutual cooperation & defence ties

July 02, 2019

1562074160.jpg

Pakistan and Russia have agreed to further enhance and expand mutual cooperation and defence ties between the two countries.

This understanding reached during a meeting between Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan and Commander-in-Chief Russian Ground Forces General Oleg Salyukov in Islamabad today (Tuesday).

Various matters pertaining to regional security and bilateral relations came under discussion during the meeting.

Russian Commander paid homage to the martyrs of Pakistan Air Force by laying floral wreath on Martyrs’ Monument.

Pakistan, Russia agree to expand mutual cooperation & defence ties

July 02, 2019

1562074160.jpg

Pakistan and Russia have agreed to further enhance and expand mutual cooperation and defence ties between the two countries.

This understanding reached during a meeting between Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan and Commander-in-Chief Russian Ground Forces General Oleg Salyukov in Islamabad today (Tuesday).

Various matters pertaining to regional security and bilateral relations came under discussion during the meeting.

Russian Commander paid homage to the martyrs of Pakistan Air Force by laying floral wreath on Martyrs’ Monument.

Interesting model of anti ship missile perhaps c-803 or 802ak/akg

One area where jf surpasses mirages and f-16 per acm

1940s: Four Future Air Force Chiefs Together in the Royal Air Force

Seen in this picture are Air Chief Marshal Mehra Indian CAS from 1973-76, Air Marshal Asghar Khan, Air Marshal Nur Khan and Air Marshal Zafar Chaudhry. Asghar Khan opted for Politics, Nur Khan was Deputy CMLA, Minister for Social Sectors and Governor of West Pakistan. Zafar Chaudhry headed the PIA and PAF

1011690_617990631559352_1599246046_n.jpg

I looked at the planes potentially involved in this. And have had a rethink.

---T-50 Golden Eagle, Russia’s YAK-130, Leonardo M-346FA, BAE Systems Hawk, India’s Tejas and the JF-17 Thunder from Pakistan.---

I think the first 4 probably have the best chances. With the HAWK the The M-346FA and T50 having the best chances. They are looking to spend up to 1.6 billion dollars to supply 36 aircraft. It will then depend on what additional infrastructure they need.
Yeah JF-17 is really going to be an underdog in this competition. BAe is already offering to upgrade the Hawks in RMAF inventory with new radars and weapons. They will push them to buy a tried and tested platform that the Malaysians have had decades of experience with already.
Similarly, RMAF is also in the market to buy additional F-18C/Ds from Kuwait as they replace them with newer jets. This is probably the most attractive option for them given the reliability of American products, infrastructure in place as well as the added benefit of two engines vs one while flying over large tracts of ocean and islands.
Yak-130, M-346 and LCA have the least chance for success I believe as their is either no commonality or dubious chances for after sales support.
JF-17 in my opinion falls between these two groups. If it were up to me, the quickest and easiest way forward would be upgrading Hawks and Hornets (incl Kuwaiti ones). JF-17s chances are there in terms of it being a new airframe and the assortment of weapons it would offer as well as an AESA radar for a cost bracket thats hard to meet. T-50 while good on paper doesnt offer any benefit imo.

Back
Top Bottom