What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

I am not fan of Russian jet 27 feb is good example we should negotiate used and new typhoons if this happens F16 chapter is closed for good yes upgrade them along used F16s.

The lesson learned from 27 Feb is that electronic warfare, radar, data links, missiles matter a lot. A MiG-35 with Chinese AESA and weapons suite would use that lesson learned while still being a "Russian jet". I think if we lump it all as "Russian jet" then we lose the depth of analysis that could be more fruitful for us.

Anyways, it seems PAF now feels that the latest Block 3 is capable of dealing with the Rafale. So our discussion is actually moot.

Spent last couple of days at Konya, Turkey for Anatolian Eagle 19 exercise. Plenty to see including Royal Jordanian AF F-16s, Qatar C-17 and C-130J, Pakistan AF JF-17s operating alongside the likes of six 48th FW F-15Es and three Italian AMX. Plus lots of Turkish F-16s and F-4s.
IMG_20190627_123305.jpeg

Following are the options available to the PAF:

1. JF-17 Block 3 with Chinese AESA and weapons package
2. JF-17 Block 3 with Selex Grifo-E and Meteor (!!!)
3. Eurofighter from Italy with Meteor
4. J-10C
5. Su-35 as perhaps a joint buy with China

The main problem I see with point 5 is CAATSA. Pakistan doesn't seem strong enough to stand against this. On the other hand, if the news is credible, PAF is showing strong interested with it. One loophole PAF could use is to buy them through China - since Russia has made an offer to China to purchase the Su-35.

The Su-35 would give PAF the ability to strike deep into the Indian Ocean, keeping IN carriers at bay, and even causing IAF to shift significant assets to protect the South (which is largely neglected by them). Thus reducing IAF actual capability in the Northern and Western commands.

It would also be a very direct threat to IN shipping, and to Mumbai, Goa and other important centers in the South. It would be very hard for IN to maintain SLOC through the Persian Gulf if PAF had a good number of well-armed Su-35s.

A trench is a type of excavation or depression in the ground that is generally deeper than it is wide (as opposed to a wider gully, or ditch), and narrow compared with its length (as opposed to a simple hole).[1]

he word tranche is French for 'slice', 'section', 'series', or 'portion'. In structured finance, a tranche is one of a number of related securities offered as part of the same transaction.

Even with trench 1 upgrades along new jets subsystems enough juice for leonardo

Ah the crux of English as Second Language, Trench vs Tranche, I guess things for us get lost in the translation somewhere every once in a while.

Oh a lighter note, I think you meant to write "The word tranche .." and copy paste likely ate the "t" and ended up instead with "he word tranche ..."

Ah the crux of English as Second Language, Trench vs Tranche, I guess things for us get lost in the translation somewhere every once in a while.

Oh a lighter note, I think you meant to write "The word tranche .." and copy paste likely ate the "t" and ended up instead with "he word tranche ..."
It's fine when we talk we all know what we talking about

China Offers Two-Seat Fighter Trainer FC-1B For International Sales

Our Bureau 09:46 AM, June 28, 2019

A model of FC-1B fighter trainer Paris Air Show (image: Xinhua)

China has offered its two-seat fighter-trainer FC-1B for international sales by showing its model at the Paris Air Show last week.

It is not known at what stage of development the FC-1B is. The aircraft is based on the FC-1, whose export version, the JF-17 Thunder, is doing duty in the Pakistan Air Force (PAF).

“The FC-1B advanced trainer is a sophisticated type that has won universal praise in the international arena. Equipped with multi-functions, this type of fighter trainer is scarce in the international market and has bright market prospects,” said military expert Li Li, during an interview with China’s state broadcaster CCTV.

The fighter trainer has all-weather combat capability, equivalent to that of the JF-17 Thunder. It can use air-to-air missiles in beyond visual range conditions and short-range air-to-air missiles in air combat. It can be equipped with air-to-ground missiles, air-to-ship missiles, precision-guided bombs, and conventional bombs to conduct airstrikes to the ground and sea. The trainer can also be used for basic pilot training as well as tactical flight training.
model_of__1561715281%20(1).jpeg

Back
Top Bottom