What's new

Pakistan-A real market for the Mirage 2000-9 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

France is not in quandry---france is not in a weak position----it is otherwise---it is india that would have problem---. French have already felt the financial squeeze----. The thing is that india has nowhere to go but for the rafale----if they cancel rafale---it gives time for paf to catch up and close the gp.

If france plays its hand right----india will be in an extremely tight squeeze. I think that the french have india where they want it to be.

Pinpoint.

Hi, do you have any idea how much a single old F-16A was MLUd for along with spares due to future fear of sanctions? I think there is possibility of more F-16 and these Mirages and a long term development of JF-17...don't think in current scenario J-10s would be ever procured not in near future but than why would PAF go for J-10 post 2020 when JF-17 would be matured?.
I do have an idea which is why I am suggesting it. With the in house standing infrastructure it will be infinitely cheaper to integrate even bl. 30/40 at half or1/3rd the price of the 6 billion that is being quoted by our friend whose post I responded to. I think the whole issue of M2K9S is a french ploy rather than our own news. If we are looking for a free handout we will be disappointed and to pay for those planesv at their reported cost of 30 million is too much to pay. Plus when we go to the french for the armament and spares we will be squeezed out of more money. Please also remember that we dont have any allocation of funds for the M2K9s
Araz

Last edited:
Wait! and see what is going to happen as Mirage-2000s can also be sold to Taiwan.

Taiwan is already fedup with Mirages, Dassault under pressure from China is not willing to sell or give green light to any other operator to sell Mirages to Taiwan. You got your Answer...

So then it may come to Pakistan or to Egypt. Also Indian can easily buy Greek M-2000s and also from South America for spares.

Greeks are not selling Mirages currently they bought them in 90's/2000 unless they are willing to spend money or get it from WB/IMF their economy is in shambles did you read. Egypt is short on cash whatever they were getting were either US Aid or now russian Aid. Egypt could be possibility but again if they have enough cash from french perspective they would make money whether Mirages sold to Pakistan/Egypt/india...

Why would we sell our Mirages? They are perfectly capable planes. Unless someone gave us a ton of money in which case we'd sell them to him and replace them with Rafales or Eurofighters.

UAE wont piss off China by selling them to Taiwan.

Why would we sell our Mirages? They are perfectly capable planes. Unless someone gave us a ton of money in which case we'd sell them to him and replace them with Rafales or Eurofighters.

Not even if I ask nicely ? :(

I thought we were Brothers ! :cray:

The training angle here is important, even a few of these birds would not only be invaluable to paf bht increase its tradeable value to China and Turkey

I speculate that the PAF wants to go for either Su-35 from Russia and this is the counter offer from the Western vestes interests. Even half a squadron of Su-35 would be a headache for IAF and IN as they would have to now worry about a much largee threat envelope. The IN's aircraft careee would be partially neutralized. This is speculation not inside info

According to a February 2011 report by IHS,

Here in the UAE, a requirement exists to replace the 63-strong fleet of Dassault Mirage 2000-9s with a state-of-the-art fighter.

And according to a January 2014 report by Jane's Defence Weekly,

Separately, the UAE has been looking to replace its 43 ageing Dassault Mirage 2000 fighters.

If UAE is looking to replace 43 'ageing' Mirages out of the total 62 [ One was reported to have crashed in July 2011 ], it means it wants to keep the 19 Mirages (probably in better condition) in service for more years.

And, If Pakistan gets these planes at a reasonable price, what will be the estimated cost to extend the service life of these aircraft ? And, what are the weapons (except French / Western) that can be integrated ? Are weapons from Brazil and South Africa a possibility ?

@Aeronaut @fatman17 @genmirajborgza786 @Luftwaffe @Informant @Secur @Donatello @Manticore

If UAE is looking to replace 43 'ageing' Mirages out of the total 62 [ One was reported to have crashed in July 2011 ], it means it wants to keep the 19 Mirages (probably in better condition) in service for more years.

And, If Pakistan gets these planes at a reasonable price, what will be the estimated cost to extend the service life of these aircraft ? And, what are the weapons (except French / Western) that can be integrated ? Are weapons from Brazil and South Africa a possibility ?

@Aeronaut @fatman17 @genmirajborgza786 @Luftwaffe @Informant @Secur @Donatello @Manticore

I have no knowledge of the mirage bidding, cant help.

i think lets stick to F-16's .... we can buy Used and MLUed them .. doing business with french will not be a good idea .. at least not in current economy ...
F-16's can do more multi-task than Mirages ..
and Paf is not fool that they will neglect the possibility of spares .. in any case .. with limited funding it can turn in to a disaster for our paf .. right now each peny is important and it should be put in right place at right time

in my opinion instead of 40 mirage2000 a better option for PAF could be to acquire 54 (3 sqd) of J-10b's instead

in my opinion instead of 40 mirage2000 a better option for PAF could be to acquire 54 (3 sqd) of J-10b's instead

New platform, AL-31 not allowed for exports alot of time require to train pilots and ground crew, Mirages induction and training would take less time, Mirages crew would have no problem with the platform relatively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom