What's new

PAK vs SL 2011 Series

need to get a lead of about 250-300, and that seems a possibility now, Misbah yet to come, and Taufeeq Umar in good form. Younus Khan can chip in as well.

Correction, third wicket goes, this could be the start of the domino effect for pakistan. Fingers crossed though. Younus Khan the guy to go.

Misbah hits a Six, gets things going.

Misbah is accelerating things now, doubles and threes, a six as well. 18 off 26 balls. Man on a mission?

No. We would have to play whole day today to get a huge lead.

Sit Ji- its the third day and going by the run rate- the test match is going to get draw- lead of 150 is good enough for our bowlers to defend-

454/4, Taufeeq Umar gets his double century, I salute you mate. Misbah 46 as well, Asad Shafiq now on the crease.

Pakistan have a healthy lead of 250+, now, when Asad Shafiq goes, we should declare and then go for the win. Need to win this, and not a draw. 260 is a healthy lead considering the situation.

298334_276182222415177_173408639359203_908747_1674896290_n.jpg

Taufeeq Umar completes the 34th double century by a Pakistani batsmen. His first and this is a huge moment in the man's career!
Well done Taufeeq!

Pakistan declare at 511, with a lead of 314 runs, comfortable enough for a draw, Sri Lanka will resume play tomorrow from 47/1.

Hey guys I will update the latest and comment as well.

Day 3 Stumps: Sri Lanka 47 for 1 and 197 trail Pakistan 511 for 6 dec (Taufeeq 236, Hafeez 75, Azhar 70) by 267 runs

Innings of his career Taufeeq had, though I would still say he should have scored a bit more had he not intentionally stop his shots (half-volleys and likes), but great innings nonetheless. Asad Shafiq, I don't know what he had in his mind when he came to the pitch today, not scoring and also making Taufeeq run out when he just stood there and didn't respond to Taufeeq's quick single.

A golden duck by Paranavitana, leg before by Umar Gul, what a start for Pakistan in 2nd innings of Sri Lanka. Still have 2 whole days remaining, and by the looks of it the pitch has gradually become bowler friendly, a fair chance for Pakistan to take 9 more wickets and the match. Good luck guys!

Go for the kill Pakistan. :yahoo:

Everyone played well except Asad Shafiq. Pathetic batting. :hitwall:

yaar shafiq was sent so low order :angry:, he didnt even get out

you are hilarious

He played pathetic. Neither he took singles nor he tried to hit boundaries. He was blocking every ball mindlessly. Due to his stupidity Taufeeq Umar got run out.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

uh, did you drink before the match?

A draw, maybe, not a win.

Who says? We have a very good chance of winning this match. A draw would be like a defeat for Pakistan.

yaar shafiq was sent so low order :angry:, he didnt even get out

you are hilarious

Sending him lower the order does not explain why he just stuck at 1 facing 30 balls, and after the thing he did with Taufeeq, he didn't even try to look towards pavilion he just stood there, didn't bother to know if the captain wanted to declare or not. Maybe he was at war within his mind of losing his spot to Malik, which probably will go to Malik in next game.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

uh, did you drink before the match?

A draw, maybe, not a win.
I am quite sure Pakistani pacers have the ability to take the remaining wickets, and as Areesh says which I agree that from this point of game if it gets to be a draw, that should be considered as a defeat for Pakistan.

Sending him lower the order does not explain why he just stuck at 1 facing 30 balls, and after the thing he did with Taufeeq, he didn't even try to look towards pavilion he just stood there, didn't bother to know if the captain wanted to declare or not. Maybe he was at war within his mind of losing his spot to Malik, which probably will go to Malik in next game.

even if he is making 1 run out of 30, this is a test and not T20 you should have seen how slow pakistan played yesterday

also if consistant asad loses to a loser like malik than god help PCB

Back
Top Bottom