What's new

PAK vs SL 2011 Series

but i was bored because they play too slow ..... it feels like watching an ant travelling a distance of 1km
but the point is at the end they play well

but i was bored because they play too slow ..... it feels like watching an ant travelling a distance of 1km
but the point is at the end they play well

Brother they are playing a side which is 10 points higher ranked than us and are only 1 point behind Australia. They are a good side. There is 3 whole days left so so much time. We want to make sure we grind them down and get at least 300 ahead and bowl them out!

So,what the final scorecard at end of day 2?

I think if Pakistan can take a lead of 200-250 runs by lunch tomorrow, then there is a fair chance of them bowling out the Srilankan batsman in the remaining sessions of the match, the thing which matters would be how Pakistani player approach the morning session and of course how much help the pitch will give the bowlers later in the day.

Regarding the score, 259 for 1, is quite a good effort, good ton by Taufeeq and Azhar Ali should get his first century (I pray for him). Though our guys did take pressure when they didn't score a single run in 4 consecutive overs by the spinners, but all in all very good.

That is phenomenal, considering it is Pakistan vs Sri Lanka.

Sri Lanka 197
Stumps - Day 2
Pakistan 259/1 (98.0 ov)
Pakistan lead by 62 runs with 9 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Pakistan v Sri Lanka Test Series - 1st Test
Test no. 2009 | 2011/12 season
Played at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi (neutral venue)
18,19,20,21,22 October 2011 (5-day match)

Close of play
day 1 - Pakistan 1st innings 27/0 (Mohammad Hafeez 17*, Taufeeq Umar 8*, 8 ov)
day 2 - Pakistan 1st innings 259/1 (Taufeeq Umar 109*, Azhar Ali 60*, 98 ov)

Brother they are playing a side which is 10 points higher ranked than us and are only 1 point behind Australia. They are a good side. There is 3 whole days left so so much time. We want to make sure we grind them down and get at least 300 ahead and bowl them out!
yes brother you are right but our team is not consistent they play well in one moment but in next moment they destroy whatever they build .... i hope they will show consistency

you brother you are right but our team is not consistent they play well in one moment but in next moment they destroy whatever they build .... i hope they will show consistency

They have to play consistently as a unit to achieve this. They obviously don't play enough and on top of that there is so much 20/20 and 50 over cricket. There doesn't seem to be much space in the calender year. Then when test match cricket comes along because we are used to fast cricket boredom sets in! I think there is a huge amount of talent available. There is 8 fast bowlers they have at their disposal and the young batters are coming through. Misbah will gel a really good unit.

He bowled superb, but he lacks outswingers (left arm bowler), as Waseem, Amir and Wahab can do. Besides WAhab can also reverse swing like we saw in WC2011 semi final when he bowled Yuvraj + from last 6 months Wahab improved and got the capability of outswing

Wahab got Yuvraj on reverse swing

Brother i remembered many peoples on this forum were questioning the selection of wahab in semifinal and they were saying that wahab should not be selected in place of shoib and it is poor selection etc etc . I was the one who defended him and he also proved his talent.. We have many talented youngster and we should encourage them and should give them chances so that we have many options in futures.cheers

yes brother you are right but our team is not consistent they play well in one moment but in next moment they destroy whatever they build .... i hope they will show consistency
Main cause of inconsistency were the match fixers but with some good action against those by ICC and British courts, I think situation should improve. Cricket may be by chance for individual player but not for a team. Over last few years we saw some sort of consistency in this team despite absence of big guns

341/2

Declare the fcukin innings already- dont be an inzi- go for a kill misbah-

man.. this is not on! lankan's are getting roasted! pakistan is used to neutral conditions.. teams should refuse to play Pakistan on neutral venues!!lol...

Back
Top Bottom