What's new

PAK vs SL 2011 Series

The thing which worries me is that recently Pakistani bowlers have become a bit ineffective at finishing tail-enders quick, like today, Srilanka were 115/7 at one point, and our captain just didn't put enough pressure on the batsman and hence gave them (especially Mathews) time to settle and hence they got their score to 197. Our team have to overcome this type of thing if they want to beat top teams.

Yeah but I would blame Misbah's captaincy for it more than the bowlers. If he would have tried to put more pressure on batsmen and keep changing the bowlers and not letting easy singles to Mathews we might have bowled them out much earlier. Anyways it is good to see Pakistani cricket improving gradually. :yahoo:

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Junaid Khan is on fire.

The pace bowling factory of Pakistan has produced yet another quality product. Flat pitch, and he gets these kind of figures.

BTW, the catch by Adnan Akmal was AWESOME!:yahoo:

And do not forget the immense bowling talent we have in domestic cricket waiting to get a chance in Pakistan. Sadaf Hussain, Asad Ali, Mohammad Rameez are such examples.

Good day for Pakistan

hopefully they can score some good runs and possibly a century from at least one player....

Good day for Pakistan

hopefully they can score some good runs and possibly a century from at least one player....

I hope Azhar Ali would made his first century. :)

[/COLOR]

And not forget the immense bowling talent we have in domestic cricket waiting to get a chance in Pakistan. Sadaf Hussain, Asad Ali, Mohammad Rameez are such examples.

Talking about Sadaf Hussain, what happened to him, he came in the squad for the ?Zimbabwe? tour, and then played no game, and went, tall lanky guy from what I have seen. Has scary statistics, a very lethal bowler in his first class cricket.

Muhammad Amir, I feel sorry for that guy. Could have been the world sensation.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

I hope Azhar Ali would made his first century. :)

Hafeez, Misbah, and Younus are the players I am placing my bets on.

Talking about Sadaf Hussain, what happened to him, he came in the squad for the ?Zimbabwe? tour, and then played no game, and went, tall lanky guy from what I have seen. Has scary statistics, a very lethal bowler in his first class cricket.

Muhammad Amir, I feel sorry for that guy. Could have been the world sensation.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Hafeez, Misbah, and Younus are the players I am placing my bets on.

They selected him for West Indies tour not Zimbabwe tour. And this also shows the over whelming bowling talent Pakistan has that despite being selected he wasn't given a chance in that tour. Riaz and Junaid bowled in that tour. Anyways yes he is extremely talented. I hope he makes in the Pakistan team soon. Looking at the today's performance of Junaid and also Cheema he might have to wait a bit.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Aameen

Anybody for me... I just want to win the test match regardless of likes or dislikes :D

Yeah obviously I would welcome a ton from anyone but Azhar Ali is continuously giving great performances with the bat but fails to convert it into a century. I hope he would do it this time.

First Test
PAK 11

Mohammad Hafeez
Taufeeq Umar
Azhar Ali
Younis Khan
Misbah-ul-Haq
Asad Shafiq
Adnan Akmal
Umar Gul
Aizaz Cheema
Saeed Ajmal
Junaid Khan

Wahab and Rehman should play in place of Aizaz and Junaid....poor selection of top 11.

I guess junaid gave you answer by taking five wickets :)

I guess junaid gave you answer by taking five wickets :)

He bowled superb, but he lacks outswingers (left arm bowler), as Waseem, Amir and Wahab can do. Besides WAhab can also reverse swing like we saw in WC2011 semi final when he bowled Yuvraj + from last 6 months Wahab improved and got the capability of outswing

Wahab got Yuvraj on reverse swing

Last edited by a moderator:
but junaid did superb job and with the passage of time,he has been continually improving,ALLAH usse nazre bad se bachay

Good sound inneings by Hafeez......
thats his 50

Thats hundred partnership

Pakistan 100/0 (30 ov)

Nicely done openers. By lunch on day 2 score is: Pak 115/0 in 37 overs, in reply to SL 197 (1st innings). Good effort from Hafeez, positive attitude unlike Taufeeq who seems to be playing on the same line as that of Srilankan openers, too defensive and unwilling to score.

Pakistan 251 for 1 Umar 108 not out Hafiz made 75 and Ali sahib 60 not out!! Our boys are doing us so proud!! They hardly play any test cricket and when they do they make us proud!! Incredible batting!! :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom