What's new

Pak vs. India : Cricket series

I well support the idea that Pakistan should try out its new players. Give the new keeper a chance..We will struggle during it, but its all worth it for the long term.

Exactly! New players are the key. A team should always give newbies a chance, not only to cultivate talent for the future, but also as a warning measure to old players who think their place in the team is permanent, no matter how they play.

also, new players can sometimes outperform the old salts with their enthusiasm and energy. India and pakistan both went into the T20s with young teams and young captains and both reached the finals. On the other hand when they went to the 2007 world cup with an experienced team lacking the enthusiasm, both got kicked out in the prelimenary rounds.

a team should have a mix of young players to provide the energy and enthusiasm, and some older players to draw from their vast stores of experience and advice the youngsters. That is the type of team most likely to succeed.

Sami seems to be a completely spent force. However in Gul, Shoaib and Kaneria Pakistan still have an extremely potent bowling attack, certainly a lot better than India IMO. Also, what ever happened to those two young pace bowlers from the under 19 team? Why weren't they ever drafted into the national side?

Sami seems to be a completely spent force. However in Gul, Shoaib and Kaneria Pakistan still have an extremely potent bowling attack, certainly a lot better than India IMO.

I see the IMO there - but "extremely potent" .. "certainly a lot better" .. huh?

kaneria <= kumble

gul (or tanvir) = zaheer khan .. since gul is not playing

sami = munaf patel

only shoaib is probably ur ace, and then u hv no harbhajan counterpart either.

and unfortunately he is down sick as well.

so certainly a lot better bowling attack, yeah, dream on.

and what r ur comments abt batting by the way?:wave:

Close of play
day 1 - India 1st innings 352/3 (W Jaffer 192*, SC Ganguly 17*, 84.3 ov)

I think India would declare around 600 runs this will ensure that India will not loose this test match, That would put immense pressure on Pakistan, Younis will play safe as he is a stop gap captain but this could backfire. However seeing the history of Pakistan cricket I would love to see pakistan fight back.

End of over 107 (3 runs) - India 443/4
SC Ganguly 60* (90b 9x4) Sohail Tanvir 32-4-152-2
VVS Laxman 37* (51b 7x4) Danish Kaneria 33-4-137-2

Just out of interest India is making weird records in current series "Not only did India get 111/1, 222/2, 333/3 and 444/4 in this match, but they also had the magic number of 12345 (123 for 5) in the last game at Delhi"

hmm.. India is just following weird logic Ganguly just fell (India 539/5) so India can achieve 555 for 5 ? Who knows India could achieve 666 for 6 too ;)

With this shitty team. Indian cricket team can achieve anything.

Back
Top Bottom