What's new

Pak rejects B'desh's demand for apology over army's wrongdoings in 1971 war

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed......had it been the other way around (i.e. refusing orders to vacate BD and engaging in ethnic cleansing) would an apology be warranted

the Pakistani forces were more than within their right to target and eliminate mukti bahini death squad terrorists --who were backed by the nefarious hindustanis. These terrorists were targetting pro-Pakistani Bangladeshi citizens, religious figures, and anybody else who was against the rebellion.

and in fact, their methods were FAR more brutal.....the media (mostly hindustani tabloid media of course) conveniently forgets injustices committed against West Pakistanis and Biharis who were situated in East Pakistan. Many either went into hiding, or were put in body bags or mass graves

it's important that this basic reality is not neglected...

it's better to look to today and see how we can further expand on our ties -as both are developing countries

You have no clue what you talking about. Only a handfull of Muktis were killed (not more than 3-5000) in the whole warfare and we have a complete list of them if you want. We are talking about more than 1.8 million civilian casualties who were targetted for ethnic cleansing.

It's really funny how Bharatis taking our side 71 related issues yet BSF cowards kill our unarmed innocent citizen every other day on the boarder, deprived us from water, mingling with our internal political matter and trying to take our land . I guess it's a free ticket to grill Pakistani in their own forum.

I urge Pakistani mod to kick them Bharati out from 71 related thread. We do not want them double faced snake on our side. Thanks

They're probably killing them because your 'innocent' sitizens roam around in indian borders like it's not a big deal. And illegal immigration from bangladesh to india is not new!!

If it wasn't for us you'd be speaking urdu right now!! and all the development would have happened in west pakistan only[sole reason for you guys to ask for seperate country]! And we're gettin called two faced snake?? It was for you guys why we went against u.s, u.n, whole world and attacked a sovereign country? Shed our soldier's blood for your country? Is this how you pay us back?

it was a civil war.....nobody asked for the bloodsheds. Pakistan contributed to the political problems, but we know who fanned the flames and funded/backed/supported a terrorist movement

it was a civil war.....nobody asked for the bloodsheds. Pakistan contributed to the political problems, but we know who fanned the flames and funded/backed/supported a terrorist movement

You just said it was a civil war? and at the same time you're pointing out it was a terrorist movement? Don't contradict your own statements in the same post! :)

You just said it was a civil war? and at the same time you're pointing out it was a terrorist movement? Don't contradict your own statements in the same post! :)

Is there a rule that says acts of terrorism cannot happen during a civil war?

Well what does Bangladesh or more importantly pakistan gain from putting out an apology considering we have already done that in the past ?

I mean what exactly does such a relationship has to offer for Pakistan ?, China is already making diplomatic strides to bangladesh so if our objective in BD was to gain diplomatic leverage against India i think China can do a wayy better job of it than we could so why really do we need this ? we dont and thats why its a non-issue

China is already making diplomatic strides to bangladesh so if our objective in BD was to gain diplomatic leverage against India i think China can do a wayy better job of it than we could so why really do we need this ? we dont and thats why its a non-issue

That's exactly why. China can, pakistan can't. You guys need to stay in the game at least. If you look at every thing today from military, economy, foreign policies. It used to be pak vs india in all the fields but now it's shifting from that to india vs china? So, your politicians need to stay in this geopolitical game. I'm not either praising or condemning this, i'm just saying. :)

Is there a rule that says acts of terrorism cannot happen during a civil war?

No, no. I'm not saying that. It definitely can. What I was saying is that civil war and terrorism are two completely different things. Yes terrorism can happen during a civil war. why not?

The act of voting, contesting and winning in election is not supporting terrorist movement.

i was referring to the indian backed mukti bahini......massive inflows took place

i do agree that the election results were shunned, and it would be interesting to see if the general outcome would be different had the results been considered

i personally feel that sooner or later, Bengalis would have opted for a different country. Geographically the wings were seperate as well as culturally, though a good number of loyal Bengalis (East Pakistanis at the time) fought for Pakistan and stood by it till the very end.

again --- it was a tumultuous period, and it was exacerbated by mother nature (in the form of cyclone) and by man-made intervention (meddling) from outsiders with nefarious goals

most if not all people in Pakistan moved on long ago and don't dwell too much over what happened in those days.....sure there are lessons to be learned, but it isnt worth time to cry and whine over history

Guys just move on.. Seriously, stop bring this up.

And dont blame India for the civilians killed back then.

Guys just move on.. Seriously, stop bring this up.

And dont blame India for the civilians killed back then.

well, india should shoulder responsibility for backing mukti bahini terrorists. You may seem them not as terrorists, but look at their actions.

if you think giving moral support to Kashmiris is terrorism, then how can backing arming and sending insurgents to a sovereign country not be considered terrorism?

well, india should shoulder responsibility for backing mukti bahini terrorists. You may seem them not as terrorists, but look at their actions.

if you think giving moral support to Kashmiris is terrorism, then how can backing arming and sending insurgents to a sovereign country not be considered terrorism?

You think India killed those 3 million people in Bangladesh back in the 60s-70s?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_Bangladesh_atrocities

http://www.genocidebangladesh.org/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom