What's new

Pak rejects B'desh's demand for apology over army's wrongdoings in 1971 war

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ MD Akmal

what happened was really hurting and till today we have a soft spot for our brothers in Bangladesh,we consider the day on which Dhaka fell as a black and bloody day in the history of Pakistan What has happened has happened you can't go back in past to fix things if it would have been the case we would surely have fixed what happened in 1971.We really want to see a strong bangladesh

Pakistan and China had supplied bangladesh with various equipments related to defence and i hope we will continue to by offering ou jf-17's,al-khalid ,al-zarar etc and i wish and hope that our f-7's will soon see bangladeshi colors after we retire them (if they will have dire need and short of cash) otherwise Bangladesh can anytime go for jf-17's .i don't think we will have any problem with that

We have to learn from our past mistakes and have too emerge more stronger than ever.May Pakistan and Bangladesh live forever with good relationship

and your nation thinks, that pak army actually did mass rapings, and you have well documented proofs to prove all this stupid claims??

u r comparing the good army of the allies from ww2 to the terrorist army of bharatiya at that time, when pakistan was not the occupant force and it had civil wars going on and the shudras attacked us from behind, what kind of army full of hienas are hailed victorious in such way??

also u claim indian army retured with lootings, didnt they do mass rapings of bengalis as soviets did with the germans???

@ I did not say that Pakistan Army carried out a mass rape. In our locality there were 5/6 rapes carried out by the Pakistani Army. This is political propaganda. But it is fact that in many Pakistan camps many raped women were found after surrender. Once Pakistani Army withdrew from any locality they did some rape cases.

@ About the rape of Indian Army I never heard, may be the media was in their control but atleast some local people had to complain. I fully agree with you that whatever had happened in the then East Pakistan due to the instigation of Indian RAW. But once they entered Bangladesh they were completely "Sharif" like "alif". Moreso they hardly remained in our country may be one month or two.

@ No. No Indian Army carried out mass raping like the Soviet Army did with the German women. Who gave you this idea. I saw, I talked with the Indian Armies. They were much more sover. Rather they saved lot of Biharies and West Pakistani from the Bengalee hand.
My dear friend, once Indian Army entered Bangladesh they were much more politically motivated, their each and every action was controlled. May be it was artificial but it is a fact. They had been waiting for this golden oppurtunity and they were successful.

A political tumoil that ended up in the fall of Dhaka. Qudrat Ullah Shahab writes in his book "Shahab Nama" that once Pakistan Cabinet memebers were sitting in a meeting (in pakistan early days) and allocating the budget for the bathroom seats for the government offices. BD minister asked, where was their budget allocated for the same and one of west pakistan (then) laughed and replied, "you may use banana leaves". Qudrat Ullah Shahab further opinions that in his view BD came into existance that very day.

Anyway, politically and diplomatically it is not foreseen to have an apology. One, it won't help any good (anyway BD is stregically not an important country for Pk) and secondly Pakistan Army's face saving is quite important at the time when Pakistan army is already in a state of war. To tell the truth, Army fought to clean up mess made by sick minded politicians. In UAE, my driver is from Bangladesh and he remembers the time when this war was being fought. He still sallutes Pakistani miltary who did what could be, to save the people of east from Mukti Bahinis...

A political tumoil that ended up in the fall of Dhaka. Qudrat Ullah Shahab writes in his book "Shahab Nama" that once Pakistan Cabinet memebers were sitting in a meeting (in pakistan early days) and allocating the budget for the bathroom seats for the government offices. BD minister asked, where was their budget allocated for the same and one of west pakistan (then) laughed and replied, "you may use banana leaves". Qudrat Ullah Shahab further opinions that in his view BD came into existance that very day.

Anyway, politically and diplomatically it is not foreseen to have an apology. One, it won't help any good (anyway BD is stregically not an important country for Pk) and secondly Pakistan Army's face saving is quite important at the time when Pakistan army is already in a state of war. To tell the truth, Army fought to clean up mess made by sick minded politicians. In UAE, my driver is from Bangladesh and he remembers the time when this war was being fought. He still sallutes Pakistani miltary who did what could be, to save the people of east from Mukti Bahinis...

@ In Bengalee, there is a proverb, "angor fal tok". The liberation war of 1971 had a mass support and there is no doubt. The pro-East Pakistani political elements were isolated from the mass and it is fact. People are always with the winner side.

@ During the last stage of war Pakistan Army did not fought. They were rather looking for Chineese and American help. Their morale was completely broken. I have gone through the "Witness to Surrender" and "the Betrayel of East Pakistan" . The idea what I got that there were many Pakistani General specially "Mahagirs" completely lost the fighting spirit. It was only General Niazi and others Panjabi General who had some strenght till the last. Niazi had the capability to prolong the war but he said he also gave up due to higher instruction. And who was seating at the higher echelon. Some Persian originated President who was completely druned in those days. Even on 14 December 1971, Niazi said," Me ap logeke samne kafan lekar khara ho, chahe mere senese tank bi chejai ham hatyer nahi dalenge". Then what happened ! after two days surrender ! what a shame ! We also feel for that. Do you think that now we are better ? ? ?

@MD Akmal

There are both good and bad people in every society .Army would have stood long but may be there would have been instructions from political leaders who may would have intervene in army stance. A single general or only army can't do anything until they don't have support from political leaders and other well known officials .Tell me from where does motivation comes for the army? it is the leadership and local public who motivate them and back them-up but when you have political leaders going insane and public confused about the right and wrong then how can you get a motivation ? your spirit goes down,shoulders started to fell down
Its badluck for us that through-out history we have got some corrupt leaders either they were war mongering or afraid of any stance against enemy and there poor policies .these politician and black sheeps didn't even spare Jinnah so what you want to expect from them?

But i promis you there would soon be a revolution and each and single blood drop of those brave patriotic sons would be paid off

^^You are forgetting in 1971 it was army which was at helm of affairs in Pakistan as it was under dictatorial rule of army.

It was Yayha khan's indifference to the fate East Pakistanis or Gen Tikka Khan's order to launch operation searchlight against Bengali students...army was in charge.

^^You are forgetting in 1971 it was army which was at helm of affairs in Pakistan as it was under dictatorial rule of army.

It was Yayha khan's indifference to the fate East Pakistanis or Gen Tikka Khan's order to launch operation searchlight against Bengali students...army was in charge.

A single General can't represent the mind-set or thinking of a whole army. How can you be so sure that what Yahya Khan or Tikka khan did represented the will of the whole nation or army?

When their is martial law then everything comes to the decision of a sole person.Remember during Musharraf era the Lal-Masjid operation was not supported by local public and many army personnel but they had to obey because of the fear of loosing their power and possibility of strong action against them

Because Geneva convention does not allow summary executions of POWs at the hands angry mobs.

We came in on your request to save you from their atrocities
..we did our jobs..you should be thankful and move on.

YOU aka Bharat aka India came in for state terrorism in East Pakistan simple as that against all norms of international laws.

Taking a leaf from your own book should China, Pakistan and others come to same Indian Muslims from Indian atrocities, for saving Maoists and dalits from Indian atrocities?

IT was our internal affair. Indians have started establishing terror camps on its sides much before that.

in any country anyone conspiring for breaking the country on pretext of rights is dealt with Iron hand.

Last edited:
Mush already apologised, why ask for another one???
:undecided:

A single General can't represent the mind-set or thinking of a whole army. How can you be so sure that what Yahya Khan or Tikka khan did represented the will of the whole nation or army?

When their is martial law then everything comes to the decision of a sole person.Remember during Musharraf era the Lal-Masjid operation was not supported by local public and many army personnel but they had to obey because of the fear of loosing their power and possibility of strong action against them

Because in Army is a disciplined force and not a democratic institution. Army personnel's opinion is not asked before handing out an order.
Order are given by the commanding officer and they have to followed irrespective of what your personal beliefs are.
If Army personnels are ordered to open fire on bunch of unarmed civilians..they will..no questions asked.

And orders come from the very top.

Last edited:
IT was our internal affair. Indians have started establishing terror camps on its sides much before that.

in any country anyone conspiring for breaking the country on pretext of rights is dealt with Iron hand.

The inference I draw from your comments is... you are not sorry for what happened and will do it again if you have to ?

The inference I draw from your comments is... you are not sorry for what happened and will do it again if you have to ?

Well that is the modus operandi you are implementing at present in IOK. Assam or IOK or Nagaland GOI won't hesitate in doing the same if some militant groups do the same that Mukti Bahni terrorists were doing in 1971.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom