What's new

Pak rejects B'desh's demand for apology over army's wrongdoings in 1971 war

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because in Army is a disciplined force and not a democratic institution. Army personnel's opinion is not asked before handing out an order.
Order are given by the commanding officer and they have to followed irrespective of what your personnel beliefs are.
If Army personnels are ordered to open fire on bunch of unarmed civilians..they will..no questions asked.

And orders come from the very top.

Exactly that was my point that if a general at the top of hierarchy makes some crappy decision it doesnot necessarily means that the whole nation wants/supports that. you can't blame a whole nation for the crappy acts of an individual

IT was our internal affair. Indians have started establishing terror camps on its sides much before that.

in any country anyone conspiring for breaking the country on pretext of rights is dealt with Iron hand.

Your failure to predict whats happening gave indi to meddle in internal matter of pakistan .so you can't blame india for all that they just just took the chance you gave them.

for you second para killing innocent civilian in name of saving country and try to solve a mainly political and economical problem was nor right decision .

@ In Bengalee, there is a proverb, "angor fal tok". The liberation war of 1971 had a mass support and there is no doubt. The pro-East Pakistani political elements were isolated from the mass and it is fact. People are always with the winner side.

@ During the last stage of war Pakistan Army did not fought. They were rather looking for Chineese and American help. Their morale was completely broken. I have gone through the "Witness to Surrender" and "the Betrayel of East Pakistan" . The idea what I got that there were many Pakistani General specially "Mahagirs" completely lost the fighting spirit. It was only General Niazi and others Panjabi General who had some strenght till the last. Niazi had the capability to prolong the war but he said he also gave up due to higher instruction. And who was seating at the higher echelon. Some Persian originated President who was completely druned in those days. Even on 14 December 1971, Niazi said," Me ap logeke samne kafan lekar khara ho, chahe mere senese tank bi chejai ham hatyer nahi dalenge". Then what happened ! after two days surrender ! what a shame ! We also feel for that. Do you think that now we are better ? ? ?

Sir I really respect your views of History, really, today, Bangladesh earned respect in my eyes, before that, always, I have heard all the Bangladeshis cursing Pakistan in cyber world, todya, I'm really glad to say, that WE are still Brothers :)

The morale of Pakistan Army maybe down because of NO public support, no leadership and overwhelming Enemy, BUT still they wrote some historic tales of bravery, I read about the battle of Hilli, The commanding officer there didn't surrendered even after whole of East Pakistan was out of control and Niazi had surrendered already.

One Division against one brigade and still Indians could not overrun them for many days, They never got defeated, The Army did its job, actually the whole Military did its job we salute them, PAF and PN, how they fought against a much larger force, Indian Navy was never allowed to eneter into east Pakistan because of the mining of Chittagong.

If there would have been a political will and some support from Local public, I'm sure, the history would have been changed.

And yeah, one thing more, Pakistan Army is not trained to surrender, they say in Pakistan Army, "Death before disgrace" :pakistan:

If they were ordered to fight, I believe they would have sacrificed them all But no surrender.

Pakistan can offer Bangladesh some facilities like free trading or something like that to counter the allegation by AL-supporters that Pakistanis are not sincere. Then Bangladeshi people will understand that PK is sincere about good relationship but AL-people are the problem.

Pakistan can offer Bangladesh some facilities like free trading or something like that to counter the allegation by AL-supporters that Pakistanis are not sincere. Then Bangladeshi people will understand that PK is sincere about good relationship but AL-people are the problem.

Info taken from WPdia..Five Pakistani heads of government made official visits to Bangladesh since the 1980s and numerous trade and cultural agreements have been signed. Common concerns over India's regional power have influenced strategic cooperation leading to a gift of several squadrons of F-6 fighter aircraft to the Bangladesh Air Force in the late 1980s although they was no serious effort to maintain them as there were later left to be destroyed by a cyclone.

Bangladesh must also help towards Biharis who are ignored in Bangladesh.
If they are treated similar to Bangladeshi citizens are given better facilities, Jobs, homes and vice versa they can become productive for Bangladesh but Bangladesh chose to ignore them for a simple argument that they supported Pakistan.

Bangladesh must move on and not linger in the past you have allies like Pakistan and China. See the animosity of indians in this regard who till today wants Pieces of Pakistan back Do you see Pakistani Govt asking for it..

Sir I really respect your views of History, really, today, Bangladesh earned respect in my eyes, before that, always, I have heard all the Bangladeshis cursing Pakistan in cyber world, todya, I'm really glad to say, that WE are still Brothers :)

The morale of Pakistan Army maybe down because of NO public support, no leadership and overwhelming Enemy, BUT still they wrote some historic tales of bravery, I read about the battle of Hilli, The commanding officer there didn't surrendered even after whole of East Pakistan was out of control and Niazi had surrendered already.

One Division against one brigade and still Indians could not overrun them for many days, They never got defeated, The Army did its job, actually the whole Military did its job we salute them, PAF and PN, how they fought against a much larger force, Indian Navy was never allowed to eneter into east Pakistan because of the mining of Chittagong.

If there would have been a political will and some support from Local public, I'm sure, the history would have been changed.

And yeah, one thing more, Pakistan Army is not trained to surrender, they say in Pakistan Army, "Death before disgrace" :pakistan:

If they were ordered to fight, I believe they would have sacrificed them all But no surrender.

@ Through out the war of 1971, I closely observed though I was too young. I have seen the Pakistan Army, Mukti Bahini and the Indian Army. Let me refresh my memory. My home was on the Northern side of Bangladesh closer to Silligoridoor(around 70 km South ). In those days initially Pakistani Army were concentrated at Rangpur and Saidpur Cantonment. Since most of the Bengalee Battalion and other Bengalee troops revolted and defected from the Pakistan Army so they remained at Cantonment till the re-enforcement came from West Pakistan. Infact during the initial days (prior to 25 March) Pakistan Army had only 4 Brigades stationed at Rangpur, Jessore, Commilla and Dhaka. Out of this 30 to 50 % were Bengalees. So, till ist week of April 1971 Army remained encircled at Rangpur and Saidpur.

@ After re-establishing their bases and getting fresh re-enforcement, the Army moved on towards Dinajpur and Thakurgaon and established their camp. Before that Thakurgaon and Dinajpur declared independent under the leadership of Bengalee EPR. EPR had two wing stationed at Dinajpur and Thakurgaon. Since there was no Bengalee officers so they could not give proper leadership. They were some odd one or two Bengalee officer but they were killed in encounter battle. Pakistani Commanding officers were probably killed along with their families. So these defected soldiers could not stand against the Pakistan Army and soon they flade to India after killing local Biharees.

@ So once Pakistan Army entered these two towns practically no fighting took place. Soon the whole town was flooded with Pakistan flag replacing the "Joi Bangla" flag. Soon local "Peace Commitee" was formed and local members of Muslim Leaque and Jamete Islami were taken on this Commitee.

@ All these inccidents and happening we used to get from the incomming people. I also flade to the border areas along with our relative with a intend to cross over border. But once we heard about the activities of Pakistan Army and their well behave with local we decided to return back home. Once we were about 5 kilometer away from our home we heard lot of firing and smoke. Later on we came to know that in our area near about 10 to 12 Pakistani vechiles came they burned the offices of Awami Leaque and catch hold some local Awami Leaque leader and some lecturer of our local college.(total 12) They called the local people organised them and chanted Pakistan Zinda bad. Within 10 to 15 minutes around thousand people gathered and everywhere there was a Pakistani flag. Infact the local people already made these flag day before.The next day we found the bodies of local people 10 to 15 km away from our area. These people were mercilessly baynotted. And the Pakistan Army left our area but they promised soon they would be comming. All the local Govt official and police started functioning normally even with any representive of Pakistan Army.

@ After 7 days Pakistan Army came and establish their camp in our area. They also establish 2 to 3 more camps closer to the border areas. Earlier everday Mukti Bahini used to encirle the Pakistan army camp, used to fire lot of bullet but without any casualty. It continued for a month. Once Pakistan Army establishes camp at the border areas no Mukti Bahini could come to our locality. Through out this nine month struggle not a single Pakistan Army was killed except 3/4 by mine hitting. Soon Razakar was created entrusted to guard the local bridges and culverts. Local people were made responsible to guard the main roads. We the local boys used to enjoy these thing, every day at night we used to see what the people are doing. Sometimes we used to see the Pakistani Army was patrolling the area and we used to talk with them. Sometime they were hungry, we used to give them rice but they wanted "Rotu" but it was not possible for us to provide with "Rotu".

@ Sometimes Mukti Bahini used to plant a mine on the kucha main road but soon it was discovered by the local people and then informed to the Pakistani Army. The engineer element of Pakistan Army used to come and pick up the mines in front of us. By this time we were familar with the sound of LMG, Rifle, MG, SLR, 303 rifle and even anti personnel and anti tank mine. But the sad event was that whenever any mine was found it became "Kiamat" for the near by people. Soon some of the local people were caught and tortured and even killed.

Last edited:
How do you know, it was an isolated incident?

Haven't you read articles.. on how Hindus were specifically targeted..there families exterminated and their land given to Muslim informers to appease them.

After all ten million refugees don't cross the border because of one isolated incident in one village?

My dear friend the Bengalee Hindus left their home long before the Pakistan Army arrived in our locality. You know in the North Bengal there were many Hindus. I think Hindus flade to India in a planned manner!!

My dear friend the Bengalee Hindus left their home long before the Pakistan Army arrived in our locality. You know in the North Bengal there were many Hindus. I think Hindus flade to India in a planned manner!!

People fly from their ancestral home when they have a fear for life and are getting discriminated beyond imagine. That is the very plan.

People fly from their ancestral home when they have a fear for life and are getting discriminated beyond imagine. That is the very plan.

Yes, my dear Bangalee "bondhu" you are right. Sorry, for long time I was absent from this forum. Actually I went home to Thakurgaon. And then I lost interest. But now I am here to counter you. How is your study going on ? "Bhalo tu ?"

Yes, my dear Bangalee "bondhu" you are right. Sorry, for long time I was absent from this forum. Actually I went home to Thakurgaon. And then I lost interest. But now I am here to counter you. How is your study going on ? "Bhalo tu ?"

You're from North Bengal? Very beautiful place, I lived my best years there.

Study? You make it sound like I'm still in college! :lol:

But the sad event was that whenever any mine was found it became "Kiamat" for the near by people. Soon some of the local people were caught and tortured and even killed.

And that Sad event is still going on by the acts of GOP by measuring different kind of people with only one yardstick. I mean didn’t the time come for us Pakistanis to stand above from the so called EGO war we are playing with the people of Bangladesh from the last 40 years or so.

We should know now that we are feeding the monster what it want us to feed. I mean the today’s AL popularity is very much owe to its astonishing ability to show Pakistan as an enemy and not a friend of ordinary Bangladeshis, by this policy they kept BNP&co at bay. In the past month or so when both the FMs meets in Islamabad they(AL FMs) deliberately raise such issues once again…Formal apology, Assets settlements, War criminals handover etc., they already knows what’s Pakistan’s answer will be and once again the GOP play rightly in to their hands. I just don’t know why we wants this status quo to remain as it is? And for how long? The very next morning Pakistan refusal is the headline news in every channel and newspaper and we once again left our part of the people in Bangladesh alone.

We should know that the status quo is not the answer and in the longer run poisonous to our interests in Bangladesh which is still very much owe to Pakistan, Our Ideology needs Bangladesh in our camps at least if not a proper merger possible.

Why we are doing it with Bangladesh what we don’t want it from India for ourselves, if we let them win the Ego war by showing magnanimity as a big brother, it will greatly reduce their lingering pain since 71 if not wiped it out altogether. We should starts trying to resolves these lingering issues once for all, no matter in the end we lose something in the process, our situation is lot better compares with India as there is no territorial exchange involves.

I’m 100% sure that this short term defeat of ours in the eyes of Bangladeshis will win us long term strategic benefits from that part of our country which is still in shock of what happened in that fateful 9 months of 71. Please starts to…Think Big.

And that Sad event is still going on by the acts of GOP by measuring different kind of people with only one yardstick. I mean didn’t the time come for us Pakistanis to stand above from the so called EGO war we are playing with the people of Bangladesh from the last 40 years or so.

We should know now that we are feeding the monster what it want us to feed. I mean the today’s AL popularity is very much owe to its astonishing ability to show Pakistan as an enemy and not a friend of ordinary Bangladeshis, by this policy they kept BNP&co at bay. In the past month or so when both the FMs meets in Islamabad they(AL FMs) deliberately raise such issues once again…Formal apology, Assets settlements, War criminals handover etc., they already knows what’s Pakistan’s answer will be and once again the GOP play rightly in to their hands. I just don’t know why we wants this status quo to remain as it is? And for how long? The very next morning Pakistan refusal is the headline news in every channel and newspaper and we once again left our part of the people in Bangladesh alone.

We should know that the status quo is not the answer and in the longer run poisonous to our interests in Bangladesh which is still very much owe to Pakistan, Our Ideology needs Bangladesh in our camps at least if not a proper merger possible.

Why we are doing it with Bangladesh what we don’t want it from India for ourselves, if we let them win the Ego war by showing magnanimity as a big brother, it will greatly reduce their lingering pain since 71 if not wiped it out altogether. We should starts trying to resolves these lingering issues once for all, no matter in the end we lose something in the process, our situation is lot better compares with India as there is no territorial exchange involves.

I’m 100% sure that this short term defeat of ours in the eyes of Bangladeshis will win us long term strategic benefits from that part of our country which is still in shock of what happened in that fateful 9 months of 71. Please starts to…Think Big.

" Kia kare bhai, ham vi chupchap hai". Wait and see. Every thing in our country is linked with conspiracy. We are in a great trap. "Bus sono aur bhool jao". Majority people think in a different way ! But one thing I did not understand once we had a good relation with Pakistan why Pakistan failed to make a good trade relation with us ? People will not allow us to get closer. But the blood will speak itself. Just wait and see. Pakistan is not a threat to us rather somebody else, "chupa hua rustom".

It was Awami League govt and india signed treaty with Pakistan over excusing these officers. Now raising this issue by Awami League instigated by its master india is PURE FARCE and Awami regime is trying to cover up its own crime.

One reason india through its stooge Awami regime using this because this get some clueless people excited and India can score point against its enemy. Another reason India using such farcical agenda because India wants to take spot light away from its killing of Bangladeshis every other day.

Doesn't have to be ' fear of discrimination', people flee from the prospect of war, violence and chaos- see for example the millions of refugees that fled Afghanistan during its civil war. Merely pointing out refugee numbers does not establish 'discrimination' or 'atrocities'.

Thanks to our Bangladeshi poster for clarifying several things and posting seemingly unbiased accounts of his experiences.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom