What's new

Pak Navy tests fire missiles, torpedo: ISPR

Ship launches missile..one can see the trajectory right...next frame..explosion in target..is this a made up video ? a bomb explosion timed a few minutes after a missile launch to make it as if the missile actually hits the ship..am a layman..i have doubts..do anyone have a feed from satellite ? am not trolling...just simple doubt..

Here you can see when missile is about to hit the ship.I have posted earlier , video from bbc news. you can pause at 22 seconds on bbc website video. then you can see that missile is coming from the back side.

Furthermore i have attached the photo of missile coming

8380bbc60ed69ebb3df279e8b33c56ee.jpg

i am interested in the firing of the sub-surface missiles by the agosta90Bs. Harpoons or SLCM???

ASIA PACIFIC
Date Posted: 12-Mar-2010

Jane's Defence Weekly

Pakistan displays naval offensive capabilities during demonstration

Farhan Bokhari JDW Correspondent - Islamabad

Pakistan's navy carried out the largest demonstration of its missile capabilities in years on 12 March, using submarines, surface ships and aircraft.

The exercise was immediately interpreted by Western defence analysts as a significant display of the country's naval offensive capability, mainly geared towards the much larger naval presence of India in the Indian Ocean.

"While re-emphasising the Pakistan Navy's commitment to defend the motherland, this strike capability would also send a message of deterrence to anyone harbouring nefarious designs against Pakistan," the Pakistan Navy said after the exercise.

The announcement confirmed the exercise area as the northern Arabian Sea without elaborating further on its location.

A senior Pakistan Navy official said the demonstration involved a Chinese frigate, the F22P, for the first time, which fired the Chinese-supplied C-802 anti-ship missile. It operated alongside one of Pakistan's three French-supplied Agosta 90B submarines and two US-supplied P-3C Orion maritime patrol aircraft.

"The P-3C fired an Exocet 39 [AM39] missile as well as a US-supplied Harpoon missile, while the SM-39 missile was fired from the submarine. All these weapons hit their targets with precision," said the Pakistan Navy official.

A Western defence official in Islamabad said the tests, which were designed to reaffirm the Pakistan Navy's capability, still left questions over the future acquisition of new hardware. The Pakistan Navy has been negotiating to purchase three new submarines to replace its ageing Agosta 70 submarines, which it has operated since the 1970s.

The Type 214 submarine made by Germany's Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft (HDW) has been widely reported to be the navy's preferred choice, although a contract has not been finalised mainly due to Pakistan's financial constraints.

ASIA PACIFIC
Date Posted: 12-Mar-2010

Jane's Defence Weekly

Pakistan displays naval offensive capabilities during demonstration

Farhan Bokhari JDW Correspondent - Islamabad

Pakistan's navy carried out the largest demonstration of its missile capabilities in years on 12 March, using submarines, surface ships and aircraft.

The exercise was immediately interpreted by Western defence analysts as a significant display of the country's naval offensive capability, mainly geared towards the much larger naval presence of India in the Indian Ocean.

"While re-emphasising the Pakistan Navy's commitment to defend the motherland, this strike capability would also send a message of deterrence to anyone harbouring nefarious designs against Pakistan," the Pakistan Navy said after the exercise.

The announcement confirmed the exercise area as the northern Arabian Sea without elaborating further on its location.

A senior Pakistan Navy official said the demonstration involved a Chinese frigate, the F22P, for the first time, which fired the Chinese-supplied C-802 anti-ship missile. It operated alongside one of Pakistan's three French-supplied Agosta 90B submarines and two US-supplied P-3C Orion maritime patrol aircraft.

"The P-3C fired an Exocet 39 [AM39] missile as well as a US-supplied Harpoon missile, while the SM-39 missile was fired from the submarine. All these weapons hit their targets with precision," said the Pakistan Navy official.

A Western defence official in Islamabad said the tests, which were designed to reaffirm the Pakistan Navy's capability, still left questions over the future acquisition of new hardware. The Pakistan Navy has been negotiating to purchase three new submarines to replace its ageing Agosta 70 submarines, which it has operated since the 1970s.

The Type 214 submarine made by Germany's Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft (HDW) has been widely reported to be the navy's preferred choice, although a contract has not been finalised mainly due to Pakistan's financial constraints.

so they werent SLIPBM that Ace posted ?

well i like PAFace - if he had written 500kg warhead/missile instead of 50Tons, i wld have believed him. i know for a fact that the PN is working on a navalised version of the babur cruise missile but it is not 50 tons.

well i like PAFace - if he had written 500kg warhead/missile instead of 50Tons, i wld have believed him. i know for a fact that the PN is working on a navalised version of the babur cruise missile but it is not 50 tons.

sir how far was the target ship

Ship launches missile..one can see the trajectory right...next frame..explosion in target..is this a made up video ? a bomb explosion timed a few minutes after a missile launch to make it as if the missile actually hits the ship..am a layman..i have doubts..do anyone have a feed from satellite ? am not trolling...just simple doubt..

For you sweetie

b86fce6bbacd398482dad255241800ee.jpg

45d25439f4a361878fd0eff55a9cca67.jpg

ec8de2e624ee06bf4af1b5a5b56af000.jpg

e70ae381129bedf649e8dfe077c00b7d.jpg

See the missile in below picture in the red encircle, missile just about to hit the ship.

Back
Top Bottom