What's new

Pak Navy tests fire missiles, torpedo: ISPR

Brother's
Guided or Laser Guided ?
Range ,
Speed ,
:blink:? I am talking about new Missile Test.

Brother's
Guided or Laser Guided ?
Range ,
Speed ,
:blink:? I am talking about new Missile Test.

Yaar we have only two ship based SAM systems, one is the old Chinese LY-60 SAM system on the British Type-021 ships and another is the newer FM-90 on the F-22P frigates.

FM-90 is a Chinese copied & improved French Crotale SAM system.

Read: HQ-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pakistan Navy test fires another missile

KARACHI: Pakistan Navy has test fired another missile, according to an ISPR (Navy) press release issued on Tuesday. The press release said, this was on the heels of “a string of missile firing conducted by Pakistan Navy over the last week. A Pakistan Navy Guided Missile Destroyer undertook surface-to-air missile firing today which scored a direct hit”. Anti-air warfare capability is another manifestation of the Navy’s offensive punch and the surface-to-air missile is capable of intercepting targets at extremely high speeds. It is a state of the art, fully automated system, which can track and engage even very small targets, the press release states. app

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

didnt know we had 'destroyers'!

I think most probably it would FM-90N SAM missile from one of our newly inducted F-22P class frigates.
Its a welcome sign that PN is live testing its newly inducted systems in order to gauge their effectiveness.

it only goes to show that 'depending' on the local-media for defence related news is not the best idea.

I do not think it is the media's mistake, it is PN which classifies some its platforms as Destroyer (it sounds more "Mission Specific"). in the past PN has described its London Class Destroyer as a cruiser!:tup:

Why are you after the C-802 ?? Or you have some issue with Chinese missiles or China itself ??

Don't worry, they are reliable enough and feared also, and the production has been stopped of the C-802s not the later variants. C-802 being the oldest and outdated compared to the later variants would naturally get its production stopped, but the variants we got and China itself making are the later models.

Do you see production of F-16 Blk 15, 25s, 40s in production ?? NO. But you do see F-16s Blk 50s in production as they are better then the older generation.

So don;t worry, the ones we got are not obsolete, but if it gives you satisfaction, yeah they are obsolete and are not reliable and miss their target by miles.

Why should I be satisfied to see it fail? I'm happy to read that it is an effective weapon. I was curious because the Chinese had stopped the production of the earleir variants, it is now clear to me now. No harm done!

At some point, PN tested both Air and Submarine launched versions of the AM-39 Exocet ASM with devastating results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom