What's new

Pak Navy tests fire missiles, torpedo: ISPR

Not quite, you could do it with the help of remote control. The Israelis are known to have used remote controlled moving targets for accuracy test of their weapons.

but im not sure if pakistan can do that.....i mean u need $$$ to convert those oldies into RC platform..

i am sure subs position will be compromised when it launches a torpedo or a missile. Do we know if there was any ASW exercise done to find Agosta 90B once it fired a missile towards its target.

It will be interesting to know if F22p or any other platform, like atlantique or P3C orion was able to detect 90B after its missile launch? do we know whether it was done?

Congrats!

Pakistan has at least the version of c802A or better. BD navy got c802A, too. Iran bought all the c802 stocks of China several years ago. c802 is no longer in production.

Congrats!

Pakistan has at least the version of c802A or better. BD navy got c802A, too. Iran bought all the c802 stocks of China several years ago. c802 is no longer in production.

How reliable are these c802A missiles? Since China has already stopped production of these, it seems they are pretty obsolete.

How reliable are these c802A missiles? Since China has already stopped production of these, it seems they are pretty obsolete.

Why are you after the C-802 ?? Or you have some issue with Chinese missiles or China itself ??

Don't worry, they are reliable enough and feared also, and the production has been stopped of the C-802s not the later variants. C-802 being the oldest and outdated compared to the later variants would naturally get its production stopped, but the variants we got and China itself making are the later models.

Do you see production of F-16 Blk 15, 25s, 40s in production ?? NO. But you do see F-16s Blk 50s in production as they are better then the older generation.

So don;t worry, the ones we got are not obsolete, but if it gives you satisfaction, yeah they are obsolete and are not reliable and miss their target by miles.

Pakistan Navy test fires another missile
Updated : Tuesday March 16 , 2010 9:06:58 PM

KARACHI: The Pakistan Navy test fired another missile, said a press release of ISPR issued here on Tuesday.

It said that in the heels of a string of missiles firing conducted by Pakistan Navy over the last week, a Pakistan Navy Guided Missile Destroyer undertook surface-to-air missile firing today which scored a direct hit. Anti air warfare capability is another manifestation of PN’s offensive punch.

The surface-to-air missile is capable of intercepting targets at extremely high speeds. It is a state of the art, fully automated system which can track and engage even very small targets.

The event was witnessed by Commander Pakistan Fleet Vice Admiral Tanveer Faiz. He termed it another feat accomplished by PN Fleet in recent days, the ISPR (Navy) press release added.

Pakistan Navy test fires another missile,3/16/2010 9:30:45 PM
The media is saying it's an indigenous missile with sate of the art technology.No name or range were mentioned.

Last edited:
Updated : Tuesday March 16 , 2010 9:06:58 PM

KARACHI: The Pakistan Navy test fired another missile, said a press release of ISPR issued here on Tuesday.

It said that in the heels of a string of missiles firing conducted by Pakistan Navy over the last week, a Pakistan Navy Guided Missile Destroyer undertook surface-to-air missile firing today which scored a direct hit. Anti air warfare capability is another manifestation of PN’s offensive punch.

The surface-to-air missile is capable of intercepting targets at extremely high speeds. It is a state of the art, fully automated system which can track and engage even very small targets.

The event was witnessed by Commander Pakistan Fleet Vice Admiral Tanveer Faiz. He termed it another feat accomplished by PN Fleet in recent days, the ISPR (Navy) press release added.

Pakistan Navy test fires another missile,3/16/2010 9:30:45 PM
The media is saying it's an indigenous missile with sate of the art technology.No name or range were mentioned.

Looking at the recent events, i believe they have test fired the SAM system on the F-22P the HQ-7 system as completion of the weapon testing phase of the newly inducted frigates.

Looking at the recent events, i believe they have test fired the SAM system on the F-22P the HQ-7 system as completion of the weapon testing phase of the newly inducted frigates.

remember f-22p uses an improved version of HQ-7 which is FM-90!
and i think they probably tested this missile from type 21 frigate...

KARACHI: Pakistan Navy has test fired another missile, according to an ISPR (Navy) press release issued on Tuesday. The press release said, this was on the heels of “a string of missile firing conducted by Pakistan Navy over the last week. A Pakistan Navy Guided Missile Destroyer undertook surface-to-air missile firing today which scored a direct hit”. Anti-air warfare capability is another manifestation of the Navy’s offensive punch and the surface-to-air missile is capable of intercepting targets at extremely high speeds. It is a state of the art, fully automated system, which can track and engage even very small targets, the press release states. app

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

I had no clue about the capabilities of the missile until I read some of the posts here..

Good job PN!!!

:pakistan:

remember f-22p uses an improved version of HQ-7 which is FM-90!
and i think they probably tested this missile from type 21 frigate...

Type-21 uses another Chinese SAM system, LY-60 i believe its called and that is an old one, so would have been tested much before.

As F-22P is a newer platform and it fired its AShM also, then it makes perfect sense that it was the one which fired its SAM to validate the operational status of its weapon systems.

And the qualities shown about the testing of the missile matches perfectly with the FM-90 (HQ-7) capabilities.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom