What's new

Pak Navy tests fire missiles, torpedo: ISPR

C-802s are impressive and deadly. Nice video.

Impressive, deadly and smack on bulls eye.

Any information how these missiles home in on their prey, after all static
target are different to moving vehicles as would be the case with Naval ships.

Firing of sub surface to surface.. i am not sure what kind of missile that is, anyone? is there a possibility of firing any other missile from sub besides SM39...

Firing of sub surface to surface.. i am not sure what kind of missile that is, anyone? is there a possibility of firing any other missile from sub besides SM39...

I guess Harpoons can also be fired from the older Agosta Subs

Impressive, deadly and smack on bulls eye.

Any information how these missiles home in on their prey, after all static
target are different to moving vehicles as would be the case with Naval ships.

A good read to know about this missile. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-802

But problem is we don't know which version we got, what is its range and all the other capabilities. They would be kept secret so that the enemy keep guessing till the day of them being used.

A good read to know about this missile. C-802 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But problem is we don't know which version we got, what is its range and all the other capabilities. They would be kept secret so that the enemy keep guessing till the day of them being used.

Taimi dear, likes of Tom hawks and Baburs are pre programmed to strike at a stationery target, BVRs follow the radar blip, but firing and hitting a moving target over and above horizon is cutting edge in technology. There must be some form of signature for the weapon to home in.

Taimi dear, likes of Tom hawks and Baburs are pre programmed to strike at a stationery target, BVRs follow the radar blip, but firing and hitting a moving target over and above horizon is cutting edge in technology. There must be some form of signature for the weapon to home in.

Yeah, basically what happens is that the missile is initially guided by its inertial guidance or guided from the launching ship through radio signals or nowadays data linking and at the last moment when it reaches the target, its own active radar seeks out the targets and homes on it. In the latest missiles, there seems to be data linking, meaning the ship or any airborne assets can guide the missile towards its target and when the missile reaches near the target, missile's own radar picks it up and zooms on it. Infrared guidance also are used, but they can easily be countered with chaffs and smoke screen.

What amazes me is the angle from which the missile hits its target.

Until now the missile tests that i have seen are missile coming from the side of the target ship and hitting it, but in this one the missile comes from the back side and hits the ship.

Very precise and accurate hit considering that back of the ships gives a very small target front to be hit.

Pakistan Navy tests its strike capability in Arabian Sea

KARACHI, March 12 (APP): Pakistan Navy Fleet Friday tested its fire power in the North Arabian Sea to assess the lethality, precision and efficacy of its weapon systems. This was announced in an ISPR (Navy) press release issued here on Friday.

It said that Admiral Noman Bashir, Chief of the Naval Staff, witnessed the event.This included successful firing of a variety of missiles and torpedoes from PN ships, submarines and aircraft.

Commander Pakistan Fleet, Vice Admiral Tanveer Faiz, was overall Incharge of the firing serial.

Chief of the Naval Staff on this occasion expressed his complete satisfaction on the operational readiness of PN fleet and commended the officers and men for their commitment and professionalism.

The weapons tested included newly inducted weapon systems, such as anti surface missiles from F-22 P Frigate and air-to-surface missiles from P3C aircraft.

An important feature of the event was firing of subsurface-to-surface missiles from Agosta 90B submarines. The target set was successfully engaged.

Earlier, the weapons firing zone spread over hundreds of miles at sea was cleared of all merchant ships and fishing craft through extensive range clearance operations to ensure safe conduct of the activity.

While reassuring Pakistan Navy’s commitment of defending the motherland, this strike capability would also send a message of deterrence to anyone harbouring nefarious designs against Pakistan, the ISPR (Navy) press release added.

Anyone knows , What missiles ???
which type of missile is that...what is it range...:what:
According to my sources, they tested a Ship-Launched Inter Planetary Ballistic Missile (SLIPBM) capable of carrying a 50 tonne nuclear payload, and two Underwater High Energy Laser Torpedoes (UHELT) with a kill radius of 100km.

I'll try to confirm that for you. Sleep well.

fc68d245bc7a0c597912da4b1ed74d8a.gif

Back
Top Bottom