What's new

PAF: Why a few "advance and expensive" aircrafts make sense

it makes sense for other countries, UNFORTUNATELY we have afghan refugee battalions around our military basses across Pakistan. imagine they get to hangers of these few modern jets in an attack, PAF will be brought to its knees in NO TIME

it makes sense for other countries, UNFORTUNATELY we have afghan refugee battalions around our military basses across Pakistan. imagine they get to hangers of these few modern jets in an attack, PAF will be brought to its knees in NO TIME
We live in ever dam kind of threats since our birth ?
& we survive , it doesn't matters how many threats we are facing now or before , but if we can mange to identify & then set our target sights set in all our threats , I'm sure no threat can hit us ?
Most important thing is our unity , if we stay united as a nation , all these dam threats are going down to gutters one by one .

We live in ever dam kind of threats since our birth ?
& we survive , it doesn't matters how many threats we are facing now or before , but if we can mange to identify & then set our target sights set in all our threats , I'm sure no threat can hit us ?
Most important thing is our unity , if we stay united as a nation , all these dam threats are going down to gutters one by one .
Kya baat hai janab aur kaise hai aap

I would say between 50-70 million per plane.....and it won't be as advance as SU-30MKI

21473220938_76775b148f_b.jpg

21038397134_59898787cc_b.jpg

Nope PAF will not go for less advance one, and Russians know that China can offer J-11D to Pakistan if they don't offer good deal.

Koi nahi hai yahan par bhaiya saab Su35 ko dekhne pados ke Russia gayeh hai. Jaab aaye to puch lena

bhaiyya kuchh mila kahio se F15, SU 35 ?

Bhayya Hamain tu 'Char din' hee howe hain, Par mil javay ga Hamri Niyyat jo saaf tehri....
Tum batao tumri tu umar gozri gayee MMRCA kay peechay, Izzat alag barbad karwaee par Damri na jane dee..lakh lanat!!

Even if 40 jets are purchased they will be huge force multipliers and big headache for IAF and IN because IBRIS-E of Su-35 can track 30 targets and engage 8 targets so with NCW remaining 22 targets can be assigned to other assets like JF-17 (which carries 4 BVRs with range around 100kms easily) or MR-SAMs etc.
The intensity of air war, if any, will be very high since both side pitching large number of jets each other thus negating the large number of tracking and engaged stuff. Even Mig 29s can track and engage multiple targets. Specially a highly ECM environment. Until unless some side only concentrate to slash and dash by avoiding merge.

Even if 40 jets are purchased they will be huge force multipliers and big headache for IAF and IN because IBRIS-E of Su-35 can track 30 targets and engage 8 targets so with NCW remaining 22 targets can be assigned to other assets like JF-17 (which carries 4 BVRs with range around 100kms easily) or MR-SAMs etc.
The intensity of air war, if any, will be very high since both side pitching large number of jets each other thus negating the large number of tracking and engaged stuff. Even Mig 29s can track and engage multiple targets. Specially a highly ECM environment. Until unless some side only concentrate to slash and dash by avoiding merge.

I would be very very surprised if this deal comes off. So KUDOS for you pakistanis having multiple threads open on the story and also thank you for getting so excited

My reason for doubting this deal from the inception of the story is with logic NOT jealousy or trolling.

1. I just dont see how you can get the funds to spend some $3.5 billion that it would cost to buy 36 su35 with weapons infrastructure support and overhaul facilities thrown in.

2. A rapidly cash starved RUSSIA whose GDP is smaller than india,s WILL not give you easy credit lines or soft loans THEY WILL DEMAND massive upfront payments.

3. The massive effect on relations with india & russia on current future projects is enormous. Can Russia already losing a huge slice of the $100 billion indian defense market to Israel USA France.can the russians really afford the mess.

For what for one small sale of SU35 ( small in comprison to what india buys or potentially could spend on AKULA FGFA OR MRRT transports ATLAY tanks or warships/subs)

PULL IT OFF PAKISTANIS and i will be shocked * embaressed

I would be very very surprised if this deal comes off. So KUDOS for you pakistanis having multiple threads open on the story and also thank you for getting so excited

My reason for doubting this deal from the inception of the story is with logic NOT jealousy or trolling.

1. I just dont see how you can get the funds to spend some $3.5 billion that it would cost to buy 36 su35 with weapons infrastructure support and overhaul facilities thrown in.

2. A rapidly cash starved RUSSIA whose GDP is smaller than india,s WILL not give you easy credit lines or soft loans THEY WILL DEMAND massive upfront payments.

3. The massive effect on relations with india & russia on current future projects is enormous. Can Russia already losing a huge slice of the $100 billion indian defense market to Israel USA France.can the russians really afford the mess.

For what for one small sale of SU35 ( small in comprison to what india buys or potentially could spend on AKULA FGFA OR MRRT transports ATLAY tanks or warships/subs)

PULL IT OFF PAKISTANIS and i will be shocked * embaressed

PAF already have Funds to Buy 48 Super Flankers as we did not buy J-10s. Every Body was saying the same for Hinds that Russian will not sell them to Pakistan and we finally got them. On Feb 04 2015 Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafiq Butt acquired additional Funds from Nawaz Sharif.

PM Nawaz meets PAF Chief, commits funds for capacity building - thenews.com.pk

Cash Starved Russia will get cash when we provide them trade route to the Arabian Sea just like China through Gawadar port. Russian will have access to oil fields through Arabian Sea where they could earn billion of dollar through trading. Russian wants Pan-Eurasian Integration process.

People are already embarrassed How Pakistan got MI-35M Hinds and AH-1Z Vipers Deals.

Nope PAF will not go for less advance one, and Russians know that China can offer J-11D to Pakistan if they don't offer good deal.
Fly away cost of a SU30 MKI is 100 million

Last edited:
I would suggest PAF to spend lit more on R&D for JF-17 Block III. Increase Airframe size a little to add more hardpoints, internal fuel capacity, some stealth features in design. more powerful Saturn 117 (AL-41F1) thrust vectoring engine, since we are getting SU-35. AESA and HMD will truly make this Block III a 4+ generation ***-kicker.

Please go to a doctor you need check up. :D
Do you know any difference between the base price, the flyaway cost and the acquisition cost.

I am going to doctor but can you please give me the total cost of ownership of SU 35 by the way before that.

Back
Top Bottom