What's new

PAF: Why a few "advance and expensive" aircrafts make sense

WishLivePak

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
It makes sense to me but seeing many experts here, perhaps they can shed better light.

If we opt for say F15 stealth eagles, SU-35 and whatnot in few numbers, say 30, it can provide great cover for our JF17s in large numbers.

For example, the expensive jets with better radar range, able to see target and shoot before JF17, it can soften the target and also guide the smaller jets.

We can't afford 100 expensive jets, but it doesn't make sense either to get say 400 JF17 who are destroyed before they can see enemy jets. Something like 30 F15s + 200 JF17 is better than say 300 JF17 by itself.

What do you guys think?

By F15s or SU-35 I don't mean they're the best out there. My emphasize is on them being more capable of having better radar, range and weapons system. If tomorrow China and US fights, US will utilize its 200 F22 first before sending say 1000 F16 (or whatever lower tier air superiority aircraft they have).

It makes a lot of sense for Pakistan to acquire few Squadrons of Expensive Air Superiority Fighters to provide Air Cover while low cost JF-17's do the " Grunt Work " under that Umbrella of Air Cover.

As with any force, nowadays, diversification is key.
It makes sense to me but seeing many experts here, perhaps they can shed better light.

If we opt for say F15 stealth eagles, SU-35 and whatnot in few numbers, say 30, it can provide great cover for our JF17s in large numbers.

For example, the expensive jets with better radar range, able to see target and shoot before JF17, it can soften the target and also guide the smaller jets.

We can't afford 100 expensive jets, but it doesn't make sense either to get say 400 JF17 who are destroyed before they can see enemy jets. Something like 30 F15s + 200 JF17 is better than say 300 JF17 by itself.

What do you guys think?

By F15s or SU-35 I don't mean they're the best out there. My emphasize is on them being more capable of having better radar, range and weapons system. If tomorrow China and US fights, US will utilize its 200 F22 first before sending say 1000 F16 (or whatever lower tier air superiority aircraft they have).

stealth eagles hmm :pop: I wonder if you could fire SD-10A from a F-15 eagle

boeing_f15se_eagle_6.jpg

What do you guys think?

Thunders will soon have upgraded radar and their current radars are also quite capable
With awacs radar need can be taken care of...
Heavy long range air superiority fighters are needed for other roles....
Like nuclear strikes or naval mission etc

AVM Kaiser Tufail has highlighted the needs for a twin engined craft with longer legs for longer loiter time and naval cover for platforms. The Gawadar project has brought up this need as well. With in the PAF People have long felt the need for a twin engined heavy for the hi lo combo and at one time even EFT and Rafale as well as F15s in the 80s have been discussed. The cost factor has swayed people against the route. Now apparently newer doors are opening and provided all the hoops are crossed we may see a deal. Relatively the platform in question is more affordable and the AL117S covers some of the deficiencies of earlier AL31??on the MKI/MKK. SO we have taken a few steps along the way. Lets see how this cookie crumbles.

What do you guys think?

SU-35 will also make it easy for us to get more new F-16 from USA. SU-35 is needed two squadrons will be enough to deter any Indian threat.

We may improve the range of JF17 up to some extent in near future along with other features however in current shape it will remain in lighter fighter category for defensive role, further it may prove to be effective if used along with AWACS as discussed earlier.
Further now our priority first should be to secure our naval assets for which we should obtain any heavy category fighter jet like SU-35 or any J11 variant if possible soon. as our enemy is at gates. As soon as Gawadar port is active we may face many of our so called Muslim brotherly countries as foes so we should not be India centric only.

Some Unofficial Sources has confirmed that Pakistan is planning to buy 48 Su-35S fighter jet. Which include 2 Squadron to be used in PN Naval Air Arm as maritime Patrol. As Su-35s is Air Superiority Fighter with long range,multiple simultaneous threat detection.Hope So both countries agrees on Term of service & reference,Price and delivery mechanism.It will give boost to Pakistan Current fleet of PAF and Pakistan Navy.

What do you guys think?

One thing is for sure su35 rumours will create unnecessary insecurity about PAF capabilities .

Some Unofficial Sources has confirmed that Pakistan is planning to buy 48 Su-35S fighter jet. Which include 2 Squadron to be used in PN Naval Air Arm as maritime Patrol. As Su-35s is Air Superiority Fighter with long range,multiple simultaneous threat detection.Hope So both countries agrees on Term of service & reference,Price and delivery mechanism.It will give boost to Pakistan Current fleet of PAF and Pakistan Navy.

Who is that source ?
Will not take any step detrimental to India's security: Russia | Zee News

What do you guys think?

Things are not just like that. BVR technology certainly do not mean that any jet can shoot an inferior radar jet everytime they get into a conflict. Flying tactics and use of jet to its limitations is also a factor which should be considered. Aerial warfare is not just like what many members of this forum think. This is not just like 2 is greater than 1.

Back
Top Bottom