What's new

PAF: Why a few "advance and expensive" aircrafts make sense

Do you mean 100 million???
correction million thanks

I would suggest PAF to spend lit more on R&D for JF-17 Block III. Increase Airframe size a little to add more hardpoints, internal fuel capacity, some stealth features in design. more powerful Saturn 117 (AL-41F1) thrust vectoring engine, since we are getting SU-35. AESA and HMD will truly make this Block III a 4+ generation ***-kicker.
That would make another different plane when Saturn 117 engine is used. That means redesigning of the whole fuselarge and weight and complete new aerodynamic characteristic which will need all the testings from the zero. Why not upgrade the rd93 with thrust vector nozzle. One Russian company supports that and claims to upgrade any engine for the thrust vectoring feature and even offers the Indians.

I believe JF-17 block 3 will have some airframe change with more powerful engine probably chinese or Ej200 because to support Aesa, internal irst, they need bigger space but for that probably we have to wait till 2018-2020.

I would suggest PAF to spend lit more on R&D for JF-17 Block III. Increase Airframe size a little to add more hardpoints, internal fuel capacity, some stealth features in design. more powerful Saturn 117 (AL-41F1) thrust vectoring engine, since we are getting SU-35. AESA and HMD will truly make this Block III a 4+ generation ***-kicker.
AL-41F1 or at least WS-10G engine with two seater.

AL-41F1 or at least WS-10G engine with two seater.
If PAF gets same or similar engine as of SU-35, it will be lot easier and cost effective for them to maintain. Moreover, I am not sure how capable is the chinese engine.

correction million thanks

That would make another different plane when Saturn 117 engine is used. That means redesigning of the whole fuselarge and weight and complete new aerodynamic characteristic which will need all the testings from the zero. Why not upgrade the rd93 with thrust vector nozzle. One Russian company supports that and claims to upgrade any engine for the thrust vectoring feature and even offers the Indians.

I believe JF-17 block 3 will have some airframe change with more powerful engine probably chinese or Ej200 because to support Aesa, internal irst, they need bigger space but for that probably we have to wait till 2018-2020.
Maybe, maybe not, cuz both F-16s and Mirages went through similar upgradation routine. Now they look like the semi-pregnant version of their former self with lots of improvements.

Back
Top Bottom