What's new

PAF & Rafale Story Will Not Go Away !

The author for that is known to be connected enough but there is also the factor of keeping quiet on certain aspects.

As I mentioned in another thread; if the PAF knew the enemies communication was compromised, it should have kept quiet about it still. The allied sacrificed an entire force to the Germans just to keep the secret that Enigma was compromised by them. This led to the Germans doing nothing about it and giving the allies crucial intel until D-day.

The same goes for familiarity with equipment operated by India. If we have done so we should NEVER speak of it so the enemy never develops tactics to counter our knowledge.
By our own need to beat our chests, we are our own worst enemy.
Agreed but sometimes it becomes necessary to remind these weekend warriors that forget achieving any goals or kills when you are flying deaf and blind in your own back yard. I guess the interviews of those involved were deliberately not aired as the individuals were revealing some astonishing details from ground zero.

Again photos can be made available provided the owner gives me a go ahead.
Blank out their faces if you post them.

I think same was said about other Gulf States. PAF Pilots have been handling the Mirage 2000 some three decades earlier.

''Even without that, PAF fighter pilots and technicians require no training period to convert to the Mirage 2000s. Abu Dhabi has possessed 36 Mirage 2000s since November 1989. With local pilots incapable of flying Mach 2 combat planes, Pakistani pilots have been in charge of the two Mirage 2000 squadrons based at Sharjah and Maquatra. In effect, the PAF has been operating Mirage 2000s for over two years, with Abu Dhabi footing the bill.''

3- Some of PAF pilots have already flown Mirage 2000 in UAE and some reports suggest that these QAF do have few PAF pilots on them.

Commander Qatari Air Force.
Those squadrons at Sharjah and the other place were all Mirage IIIs. Mirage 2000s have always been at Abu Dhabi. No PAF pilot other than one I know has flown the Mirage 2000 (his was a joyride with Qatar AF) and just recall another one who evaluated it in France. Mirage 2000s and F-16s for UAE are complete no go for now when it comes to PAF or former PAF pilots flying them.

Those squadrons at Sharjah and the other place were all Mirage IIIs. Mirage 2000s have always been at Abu Dhabi. No PAF pilot other than one I know has flown the Mirage 2000 (his was a joyride with Qatar AF) and just recall another one who evaluated it in France. Mirage 2000s and F-16s for UAE are complete no go for now when it comes to PAF or former PAF pilots flying them.
Didn't realize that Abu Dhabi operated Mirage IIIs.

Nobody from Pakistani Forces were given nationality. But Local born Pakistani's who joined Qatar Armed forces and participated in a war with Bahrain in 90's over some ISLAND, were given Qatari Nationality. One of my close relatives got Qatari nationality. He's from Faisalabad

He had to give up his Pakistani Nationality and now he has to take visa from Pakistani embassy to go to Pakistan.

A Pakistani Brigadier was on deputation couple year ago to train Internal Security forces of Qatar. Lot of EX PAF engineers and technicians work in Qatar Airforces. Pilots? Not so much. Few here and there are on Deputation in the role of I.P
Hi Bratva
Thanks for your detailed input

I have seen past pictures of a now shaheed PAF pilot in UAE coveralls.
Hi loanranger
If possible to share those pictures with us any more info what kind of plane he was flying
& how he got shahadat back in Pakistan or with UAE
Thank you

Hi Bratva
Thanks for your detailed input

Hi loanranger
If possible to share those pictures with us any more info what kind of plane he was flying
& how he got shahadat back in Pakistan or with UAE
Thank you
Hey
Pictures are bit of a sensitive matter. The purpose of my comment was to confirm the fact the PAF pilots did fly a type of mirage while in the UAE.

Yes there are plenty who did fly early variants of the Mirage as they were vital in establishing the fighter wing for the UAE Air Force.
Wish we could say that about Qatar with the same confidence.

Mirage 2000s are not part of those later variants.

Cheers !!!
Interesting. Iam told by people who helped design the French aviation facilities in Abu Dhabi and then subsequently the F16 facilities that the M2K5s were being driven by Pak drivers unlike the Bl. 60s where no unrelated person could even get near the planes much less ride them.
A

Back
Top Bottom