What's new

PAF JF-17 Thunder along F-16 to participate in Izmir Air Show in Turkey

OK. The credit of these pics goes to MR Munir from another forum.

This is the team that did a superb job in Izmir 2011.

The one and only Wg Cdr mr Khalid Mehmood.

The pilot that flew the second day of the show, Wg Cdr mr Ronald.

and last but not least, Wg Cdr mr Suleman.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nice pic's thx hence .. Wg Cdr Ronald a non muslim for those you talk crap about minorities in Pak etc.

Hamare Pilots aur Engineers are simply amazing.
W/C Ali Naeem with that thirty year old AC is taking so tight turns that it almost feels like the chunks of metal will blast from the air frame.That is some level of skill.
:pakistan:

Nice pic's thx hence .. Wg Cdr Ronald a non muslim for those you talk crap about minorities in Pak etc.
If you notice, the flag on his arm is that of Turkey, I dont know whether he is from PAF or TuAF........can somebody confirm this?

If you notice, the flag on his arm is that of Turkey, I dont know whether he is from PAF or TuAF........can somebody confirm this?

He is a PAF pilot. The patches have been exchanged between PAF and TuAF. A customary norm.

Can anyone figure out why Wg Cdr Ronald has a canarded aircraft stitched on to his PAF wing? ;-)

Exchanging patches & flags is a good will gesture...he may have done the same with a TuAF fellow.

The issue is a simple one my friend, the F-16 and JF-17 pilots participating are GD pilots with evaluation and training curriculum tasked to them. The fancy flying is a part time job for both the TEF (their primary job is to qualify the JF-17 for operational service in the PAF) and more so for No. 11 Sqn. At this very same show, most of the other teams are dedicated to aerobatic flying for their respective countries (I would not say all, thus I said most).

The F-16s are being pulled from front line service and a certain caution in their handling is a must. Gone are the days of show-boating with the likes of Sqn Ldr F S Hussain (a legend in his day and at par with any other aerobatic flyer of the day). At this venue, you have a senior pilot of an operational multi role sqn of the PAF putting on a display, whereas you are comparing his performance to the performances of Thunderbirds and the likes who are constantly traveling and practicing for just such shows. Don't do that. Understand the constraints and limitations and lower your expectations some.

Maybe in the future the PAF will have enough F-16s to put on a show like you are expecting, however keep in mind that in the entire history of the PAF, we have never had a dedicated demo team (including Sherdils who, aside from their full time job as instructors, did the showboating as a part time job). All of the practice, aircraft and pilots for such demos are seasonal things in the PAF. Prior to a show, people are tasked with putting on a display etc. So there is a stark difference in the way things are done. If we had more money, things maybe different.

put even more bluntly -- it is VERY rare that PAF even moves F-16s outside of Pakistan...even at exercise in Amman PAF did not send F-16s. It's really only for Turkish A.E. and this show that we had F-16s dispatched (and for a flying display especially). PAF prefers to keep F-16s in Pakistan at all times.

He is a PAF pilot. The patches have been exchanged between PAF and TuAF. A customary norm.

Can anyone figure out why Wg Cdr Ronald has a canarded aircraft stitched on to his PAF wing? ;-)

Probably a J-10 test pilot? Program participant? I think i also point this thing on a another PAF pilot while in China's airshow. There seem to be such patches of canard aircraft on two PAF pilots, provided Wing Commander Ronald is PAF pilot.

Also, if you look closely, Wing Commander Ronald's Turkish flag is put on a circular velcro.........i think that's where they put their squadron patch/aircraft patch otherwise?

I mean, for a flag, they would have a rectangle velcro, won't they.

guys im confused....did the Il-78 do a flying display as well? I'm seeing pictures of it here. Or is that only when it was landing? To be honest i wasnt even aware the aircraft would be flown to the show.

Probably a J-10 test pilot? Program participant? I think i also point this thing on a another PAF pilot while in China's airshow. There seem to be such patches of canard aircraft on two PAF pilots, provided Wing Commander Ronald is PAF pilot.

Also, if you look closely, Wing Commander Ronald's Turkish flag is put on a circular velcro.........i think that's where they put their squadron patch/aircraft patch otherwise?

I mean, for a flag, they would have a rectangle velcro, won't they.

Folks,

He is a PAF pilot. Make no mistakes about it. The PAF wing cannot be mistaken for a TuAF wing. In addition, his epaulets clearly indicate the Wg Cdr rank for the PAF.

guys im confused....did the Il-78 do a flying display as well? I'm seeing pictures of it here. Or is that only when it was landing? To be honest i wasnt even aware the aircraft would be flown to the show.

IL-78 took the airmen and equipment supporting the deployment along with the Hercules.

250487-Pakistan-Air-Force-In-Izmir-Air-Show-Turkey--IMG-0742.jpg
250488-Pakistan-Air-Force-In-Izmir-Air-Show-Turkey--DSC-0200.jpg

Hamare Pilots aur Engineers are simply amazing.
W/C Ali Naeem with that thirty year old AC is taking so tight turns that it almost feels like the chunks of metal will blast from the air frame.That is some level of skill.
:pakistan:

These Falcons are very well maintained and they have a lot life left in there Airframes if a 40 year old Mirage can fly than F-16 is no exception and remember that F-16s didn't accumulated a lot of hours in the 90's due rare availability of spares.

IMO the engine modules of F16s participated at Izmir have been over hauled at PAC Kamra. Recently in Al-Saqoor-II the participant F16s were from the 80s lot. PAF F16s surpassed 100,000hrs in 2004...minimum of 13-15,000hrs have been accumulated to their credit since then, as they actively participated in Op against militants in 2007-2009(the flights were reduced in 2010.).

without getting MLU, its seems that PAF has explored number of ways to keep the old machines running....which other Air force in the world has done similar in the past?

Thumbs Up for PAF!:tup:

IL-78 took the airmen and equipment supporting the deployment along with the Hercules.

totally off-topic...

but any idea how long it takes to convert IL78 from a tanker to a logistics/cargo/heavy transport aircraft?

interesting that they brought both 78 and Hercules aircrafts. I guess give a good ''taste'' of what we got?

Back
Top Bottom