What's new

PAF JF-17 Thunder along F-16 to participate in Izmir Air Show in Turkey

F-16-Cigli-85728-2.jpg

I disagree with you my friend conquerer. After looking at the movies it does not say anything then they all are top. But I think we cannot have this discussion since we both were not there.

I have love for Turks and joy for they being so well in aerobatics, I at the same time hate to admit PAF disappointed me. They are not even close to being half good as Turks. Where Turks are looking professionals, PAF demonstrators are looking Metric students. For the 5th time perhaps, I am realizing that we have been living in a world of fantasy where we were second to none and PA/PAF/PN being super duper good. They might have been great once but in the present form they look out of shine.

Pakistan needs to work, work and work! This is what our founding father wanted from us and its getting more and more evident that we need that to keep existing!

you are all forgetting some thing . . . . its their country their territory, they have no limit. but in-case of PAF we have to follow rules and regulation of the show, And as mentioned earlier JFT is a few teeth child where as f-16 is a seasoned plane so there might be a difference.
And for JFT the objective of the show is to represent the dogfight capabilities of jet not display capabilities, as we are on sale promotion trip.

not in beauty contest . . .

I disagree with you my friend conquerer. After looking at the movies it does not say anything then they all are top. But I think we cannot have this discussion since we both were not there.

Silk those people wants JFT to do cobra moves, take his a$$ up and nose down type moves so they are disappointed, their wishes are like that they want to see that a horse being beaten by camel in 100 meter race . . . .

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

now this is something that we expect from PAF...!

this is a group performance, can't be done in solo man . . . .
do you have eyes . . . .

and those group performances are risky, can u risk two or three f-16 being destroyed in an air show "in case of misshape", this luxury can only be enjoyed by some counties and we are not one of them . . . .

just want to add

apni chader dekh ker paion pheloao .

I agree with Hatif 1X . also would like to add that i watched other performance of F 16' s as well in my openion PAF pilot done batter. And as mentioned it is the Host (Turkey) and they have to make this as much attract able.

Thanks

Hatf IX,

I agree JFT is a new platform and we cannot compare it with F-16s.. but what about Comparing F-16s with Turks F-16s? Here we do not expect PAF to take risk and fly near the ground and risk crashing but they could show some class high-up in the air. Is flying vertically the best they could do? We heard Paf Pilots did this and they did that in 65 and 71.. now honestly I would need more evidences to believe if actually happened. I am patriotic and I want to see my country men at the top of the world but honestly they are not looking there. I used to slam those Indians who used to say India topped Pakistan and I used to say "Shut up" to them because I knew they were lying and we were so better and on the top of them but to say the same again, I need reasons.

Look its simple, ISI turned us down.. PN turned us down and now I am scared after watching these flimsy performances that PAF is also going to result what PN did. I don't want PAF to be in the list of sloppy performers but they are so willing to be added to the same list and this is more than disappointing and hurting and frustrating! Why.. why aren't we the best? Why do I have to find reasons to satisfy myself? I want to see my countrymen doing best but they are not! You are giving me reasons why this is not happening why that is not happening but you would also agree that it is actually NOT HAPPENING!

In Zhuhai, we saw JFT perform and it was like "Okay" performance. Now here in Turkey, its not just JFT but F-16s as well. There is nothing wrong with the platform but its the Pilot.. we are not expecting them to "just fly" and receive claps... they are suppoosed to impress which they didn't. Look at Turks, I felt like clapping for their air-performances but I had rather seance of grief when I saw PAF doing the same.

How many JFT's were there in turkey? i think they were two. 09.112 and 10.116. But some are posting pic of 10.114. So how many JFT's 2 or 3?
2ndly. Will they now head for Anatolian Eagle exercises or whats next for all these aircrafts?

Hatf IX,

I agree JFT is a new platform and we cannot compare it with F-16s.. but what about Comparing F-16s with Turks F-16s? Here we do not expect PAF to take risk and fly near the ground and risk crashing but they could show some class high-up in the air. Is flying vertically the best they could do? We heard Paf Pilots did this and they did that in 65 and 71.. now honestly I would need more evidences to believe if actually happened. I am patriotic and I want to see my country men at the top of the world but honestly they are not looking there. I used to slam those Indians who used to say India topped Pakistan and I used to say "Shut up" to them because I knew they were lying and we were so better and on the top of them but to say the same again, I need reasons.

Look its simple, ISI turned us down.. PN turned us down and now I am scared after watching these flimsy performances that PAF is also going to result what PN did. I don't want PAF to be in the list of sloppy performers but they are so willing to be added to the same list and this is more than disappointing and hurting and frustrating! Why.. why aren't we the best? Why do I have to find reasons to satisfy myself? I want to see my countrymen doing best but they are not! You are giving me reasons why this is not happening why that is not happening but you would also agree that it is actually NOT HAPPENING!

In Zhuhai, we saw JFT perform and it was like "Okay" performance. Now here in Turkey, its not just JFT but F-16s as well. There is nothing wrong with the platform but its the Pilot.. we are not expecting them to "just fly" and receive claps... they are suppoosed to impress which they didn't. Look at Turks, I felt like clapping for their air-performances but I had rather seance of grief when I saw PAF doing the same.

The issue is a simple one my friend, the F-16 and JF-17 pilots participating are GD pilots with evaluation and training curriculum tasked to them. The fancy flying is a part time job for both the TEF (their primary job is to qualify the JF-17 for operational service in the PAF) and more so for No. 11 Sqn. At this very same show, most of the other teams are dedicated to aerobatic flying for their respective countries (I would not say all, thus I said most).

The F-16s are being pulled from front line service and a certain caution in their handling is a must. Gone are the days of show-boating with the likes of Sqn Ldr F S Hussain (a legend in his day and at par with any other aerobatic flyer of the day). At this venue, you have a senior pilot of an operational multi role sqn of the PAF putting on a display, whereas you are comparing his performance to the performances of Thunderbirds and the likes who are constantly traveling and practicing for just such shows. Don't do that. Understand the constraints and limitations and lower your expectations some.

Maybe in the future the PAF will have enough F-16s to put on a show like you are expecting, however keep in mind that in the entire history of the PAF, we have never had a dedicated demo team (including Sherdils who, aside from their full time job as instructors, did the showboating as a part time job). All of the practice, aircraft and pilots for such demos are seasonal things in the PAF. Prior to a show, people are tasked with putting on a display etc. So there is a stark difference in the way things are done. If we had more money, things maybe different.

This forum has too many members who are teenagers and/or even younger - the displays are perfectly reasonable for the occasion.

OK. The credit of these pics goes to MR Munir from another forum.

This is the team that did a superb job in Izmir 2011.

The one and only Wg Cdr mr Khalid Mehmood.

The pilot that flew the second day of the show, Wg Cdr mr Ronald.

and last but not least, Wg Cdr mr Suleman.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Can't see the pics my friend. Can you check it? Thanks in advance.

KopievanIMG_4874.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

KopievanIMG_7162.jpg

Back
Top Bottom