What's new

PAF jet makes emergency landing

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: A fighter aircraft of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) on Sunday made an emergency landing at the Dhamiyal army base in Rawalpindi after developing a technical fault, a statement by the PAF said. “An F-7 fighter aircraft while on a routine mission developed a technical malfunction. The pilot of the aircraft skilfully handled the emergency and safely landed the plane at the Dhamiyal army base,” the statement said. Meanwhile, the flights of PAF aircraft continued as part of enhanced vigilance to counter any security threat to the country. staff reporthttp://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2009\01\12\story_12-1-2009_pg7_8

Its small airstrip for AA helicopters and singe rotary engine trainers. I amazed at pilot skill, how he did that ? ...expert opinion..

Its small airstrip for AA helicopters and singe rotary engine trainers. I amazed at pilot skill, how he did that ? ...expert opinion..

Using sheer skills of fighter pilot training. Dhamayal IS a very small strip and my family was stationed there for over five years. I can guarantee it's an epic move to land a fighter AC there.

Last edited:
It seems F-7 are really getting PIA for the PAF to operate. Amazing skill shown by the pilot to land the jet on a strip used for helis.

Mig 21s are a PIA! I feel

India's mig-21's (The famous flying Coffins) are a Pain in the A$$. Our F-7P's have a record of flight safety and minimum accidents.

I dont think we need to make flaming statements here as well derailing the thread. F-7s are too a cause of trouble for the PAF however Mig being much older have a much higher rate of failure as compared to an F-7

I dont think we need to make flaming statements here as well derailing the thread. F-7s are too a cause of trouble for the PAF however Mig being much older have a much higher rate of failure as compared to an F-7

Nobody's derailing the thread. Our F-7P's were compared with the MIG-21's failures. And you called our F-7P a "PIA". On what grounds? On record, our F-7P's aren't a failure and continue to serve the nation proudly. We all ought to take pride in that.

Nobody's derailing the thread. Our F-7P's were compared with the MIG-21's failures. And you called our F-7P a "PIA". On what grounds? On record, our F-7P's aren't a failure and continue to serve the nation proudly. We all ought to take pride in that.

Please Bezerk. I made the statement generally about flaming statements from both sides, haven't nitpicked your post specifically.
Moreover have a reality check, i am not doubting the fact about F-7 and its years of use in PAF, however crash rate is an altogether different story and yes within recent years F-7s have started to crash due to different problems and my statement was it seems not that it is.

Please Bezerk. I made the statement generally about flaming statements from both sides, haven't nitpicked your post specifically.
Moreover have a reality check, i am not doubting the fact about F-7 and its years of use in PAF, however crash rate is an altogether different story and yes within recent years F-7s have started to crash due to different problems and my statement was it seems not that it is.

You should've been more clear then. Every now and then someone shows up with a complete hate for the F-7P, overlooking it's services to the nation. Exactly why in my book, calling it a "Pain in the As$" is inappropriate. But I guess you're entitled to your own opinion.

As far as crashes are concerned, they're nothing compared to the other nation's crashes, who're operating the same aircraft (Variants included).

You should've been more clear then. Every now and then someone shows up with a complete hate for the F-7P, overlooking it's services to the nation. Exactly why in my book, calling it a "Pain in the As$" is inappropriate. But I guess you're entitled to your own opinion.

As far as crashes are concerned, they're nothing compared to the other nation's crashes, who're operating the same aircraft (Variants included).

I was clear only if you had payed attention a bit more. However i am not every now and then type of a person who would just come here and bash F-7. I have already said it has served PAF and served well, but so have the mirages but now if we talk about it getting old and on the verge of being phased out as to a higher rate of accident, it is not an insult to the jet but a reality that we need to accept same stands for F-7 and exactly why will be replaced too.

I was clear only if you had payed attention a bit more. However i am not every now and then type of a person who would just come here and bash F-7. I have already said it has served PAF and served well, but so have the mirages but now if we talk about it getting old and on the verge of being phased out as to a higher rate of accident, it is not an insult to the jet but a reality that we need to accept same stands for F-7 and exactly why will be replaced too.

Now MY post with the line "Every now and then someone shows up...." Wasn't directed towards to you lol.

Yeah of course we're aware of the ageing problem. Exactly why we've been grounding more Aircrafts.

Yes, I feel F7s even though having a really better record than the Migs in India, should make way for better planes, same for the Mirages in PAF. India should also do the same to the migs and the MRCA deal is in that direction I feel.

Using sheer skills of fighter pilot training. Dhamayal IS a very small strip and my family was stationed there for over five years. I can guarantee it's an epic move to land a fighter AC there.

its been upgraded in recent times to handle fixed wing a/c including jets. in the late 60s/early 70s it was a sleepy army aviation AB as L-19s and light helo's used to operate from this AB. i studied at St'Marys academy and the AB was right behind our school. lunch-break was a lot of fun watching these a/c come and go.

Back
Top Bottom