What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

92 news reported that induction ceremony will happen next month and two squadrons at a time will be inducted one of jf-17 and other j-10

@Beast
Friendly dogfights are simulated and results can be inaccurate/unrealistic due to obvious limitations.
That is absolutely true. As I stated before, the Talons were flown by seasoned F-22 pilots who knew the aircraft inside out. Whereas the F-22s were flown by relatively newer pilots on the aircraft. There were other factors involved also. But in the end, those F-22s weren't playing sitting ducks.

People are only talking about J10's, the real thing that strengthens PAF's air dominance and superiority are;
  • a very potent self-protection jammer
  • a long-range jam-resistant AESA radar
  • highly maneuverable twin motor long sticks with their own hunter-killer AESA radars

Look closely.

Salaam

Took me a few days to get through the whole thread. Very entertaining though.

My question is what role would J10CP fit in the PAF war doctrine? If operation 'swift retort' were to happen again with J10s present, what role would have gone to the J10s?

P.s @MastanKhan and @V. Makarov is there a reason why you both have the same profile picture? Is it a picture of you two? Thank you.

Its a very interesting question.

I think with S400, Rafales and meteor missile induction. The era of Mirages is absolutely gone. No one is sending a mirage into Indian airspace now onwards. Also, Jf-17 would not be the best choice either. I think we will see J10-c as primary interceptor. It would be used to intercept incoming enemy aircrafts. With PL15, Strong Aesa radar, and excellent manoeuvrability J10-c would be the best for this purpose. JF17 can accompany J10-c as a force multiplier. However we might see F16 role switching to an attack aircraft, going inside enemy airfield and bomb strategic locations. Why F16? because PAF is battle hardened and highly confident with F16s. The engine is strong and it has 9 hardpoints, enough to carry fuel tanks, SOWs and A2A missiles plus it can defend hard from incoming missiles. I think we will see F16 in a more offensive role. Unlike 29th Feb where we sent Mirages and JF17s for SOWs and f16s were protecting our airspace.

Well, this is as per my limited knowledge. Maybe others can add onto it and correct if im wrong?

Its a very interesting question.

I think with S400, Rafales and meteor missile induction. The era of Mirages is absolutely gone. No one is sending a mirage into Indian airspace now onwards. Also, Jf-17 would not be the best choice either. I think we will see J10-c as primary interceptor. It would be used to intercept incoming enemy aircrafts. With PL15, Strong Aesa radar, and excellent manoeuvrability J10-c would be the best for this purpose. JF17 can accompany J10-c as a force multiplier. However we might see F16 role switching to an attack aircraft, going inside enemy airfield and bomb strategic locations. Why F16? because PAF is battle hardened and highly confident with F16s. The engine is strong and it has 9 hardpoints, enough to carry fuel tanks, SOWs and A2A missiles plus it can defend hard from incoming missiles. I think we will see F16 in a more offensive role. Unlike 29th Feb where we sent Mirages and JF17s for SOWs and f16s were protecting our airspace.

Well, this is as per my limited knowledge. Maybe others can add onto it and correct if im wrong?
If i am not wrong PAF don't have any SOWs integrated on it's F-16, correct me if i am wrong.

If i am not wrong PAF don't have any SOWs integrated on it's F-16, correct me if i am wrong.

Maybe someone can highlight what sort of bombs we have with F16s. If we don't have, we should obtain them. Maybe thats whats coming from the west? Haha..

With J10A yes, J10C no. J10C would have better angle of attack and sustained turn rate with canard & delta wings + 140-145 KN of thrust. I think it would be significantly better than our F16s in flight envelope.

Not hideous, but can do with an update. I think PAF chooses it purely on the basis that it is hard to spot on our skys. Although with WVR becoming a thing of past, no harm in upgrading them. I don't think any air force would purposefully put its top end BVR capable fighter in a WVR gamble. They would always finish them off from a distance if they can.
Good analysis, that paint job goes well with our smoggy skies lol. From what I know of J-10 I gotta agree with you, its a strong rate fighter like the EF2000 with a good quick turn around as well from the delta config.

Salaam

Look closely.

I've tried to find anything different apsrt from the red eyes, but am struggling. Is it some famous album cover or something? I'm not really familiar with those much. Sorry for the odd question though just curious. Thanks.

Salaam

I've tried to find anything different apsrt from the red eyes, but am struggling. Is it some famous album cover or something? I'm not really familiar with those much. Sorry for the odd question though just curious. Thanks.
output-onlinejpgtools (1).jpg

Cheech & Chong are a comedy duo consisting of Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong. The duo found commercial and cultural success in the 1970s and 1980s with their stand-up routines, studio recordings, and feature films, which were based on the hippie and free love era, and especially drug and counterculture movements, most notably their love for cannabis.

A random weird video of theirs:

Back
Top Bottom