What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Dragon Duo in Chengdu before being delivered to Pakistan
PAF has reportedly received three batches of J-10C with total number of aircraft speculated to be 20+ now.

FsFixV1WAAQfPo7

There's an Indian Twitter handle that claims Pakistan MoD got hacked and displayed documents showing the J-10C and PL-15 deal. $10.17 billion RMB (~$1.5B USD) for 20 J-10CE, 240 PL-15E, 10 spare WS-10B and a FMS and associated stores and services.

Interest rate at 4.15%, no pre-payment penalties for the loan to be paid over 11 years.

Should I post the Twitter link here?

There's an Indian Twitter handle that claims Pakistan MoD got hacked and displayed documents showing the J-10C and PL-15 deal. $10.17 billion RMB (~$1.5B USD) for 20 J-10CE, 240 PL-15E, 10 spare WS-10B and a FMS and associated stores and services.

Interest rate at 4.15%, no pre-payment penalties for the loan to be paid over 11 years.

Post it. But I don't think it's true. At minimum, it's 36 jets, and 54 have also been mentioned.

~75 mil a piece for 4.5 Gen aircraft, weapons package, spares on long term soft(ish) loan is a bad deal?

Looks like a very good deal to be honest.

For a chinese aircraft that is meant to have lower labour costs - to me - yes - feels expensive - esp when you factor in the lower airframe lives Chinese jets have in general.

For a chinese aircraft that is meant to have lower labour costs - to me - yes - feels expensive - esp when you factor in the lower airframe lives Chinese jets have in general.
And for all those reasons it’s a fraction of the cost of all recent 4.5 Gen deals. All the others are coming out be be hundreds of millions a pop. For instance the rafale deal india made.

P.S.: we don’t know the airframe life of the latest Chinese jets, J10C included, but with all the advances it surely must be on par or almost on par with the competition.

They won't have all that data in one place

Back
Top Bottom