What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

My understanding was F-16s will be carrying out bulk of A2A tasks due to lesser A2G long range weaponry available to PAF F-16s.
Number of F16s alone especially when we take into account the availability will be low for AD, that's why J10s will also be reserved for A2A. On the other hand, blkIIIs will be used for both A2A as well as A2G.

FU07Zt7WUAAr_Rm.jpeg

While the J-10CE is capable of air-to-ground/surface ops, I think the PAF will primarily use them in the air-to-air role, at least until it can build up a large enough fleet. The bulk of the air-to-ground/surface work will go to the various JF-17 variants.
Give them a H-2 range weapon and they are going to be excellent gut punchers.
The REK requires altitude for range - a rocket boosted standoff that can do even 60-80km will let the JF-17 pretty much any target east with impunity so long as the package it has decent cover.

Think about it @Desert Fox 1

Give them a H-2 range weapon and they are going to be excellent gut punchers.
The REK requires altitude for range - a rocket boosted standoff that can do even 60-80km will let the JF-17 pretty much any target east with impunity so long as the package it has decent cover.

Think about it @Desert Fox 1
Absolutely. I think the PAF has taken this exact approach. Basically, configure the JF-17 with a large variety of air-to-surface munitions -- e.g., IREK, REK-3, Ra'ad and Ra'ad-2, LD-10 ARMs, C-802 AShM, and maybe an HD-1A-type AShM -- and leverage the F-16 and J-10 for top cover.

That said, in the long run, I'd keep an eye on the drone space. I feel that the PAF would still prefer having as many fighters available for the air-to-air role (hence the strong emphasis to fit the PL-15 to the JF-17). Therefore, large MALE (e.g. WL-2) and HALE UAVs (like Bayraktar Akıncı) may become the mainstay SOW carriers.

So still 6 in service or more have arrived?
I am worried they dont become like B56s

Hi,

This pilot is committing a cardinal flight sin. If he has to eject on these frozen mountains, there is no chance for his survival at all.

because by the time he lands on the snowy mountain after ejection ---his hand upto his arm would be frozen and would break like a twig as he hits the ground.
Yeah those flight gloves will save his life. No joke.

Hi,

In the US it is called---" I DON'T CARE---I DON'T GIVE SH-IT" attitude.

A shameless show of indiscipline.
Very indiscipline of them. Bunch of rookies

Back
Top Bottom