What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

The Su-57 has already entered IOC, so the biggest roadblock would be funding for more units and future upgrade programs, not R&D anymore. I suspect that funding is also the bottleneck for their AESA programs since they already have the tech in place in the form of the Zhuk-AE and Byelka systems.
having 3 production aircraft does not mean you achieved IOC.

At the current pace, Russia will be buying advanced weaponry from China.
Let's not kid ourselves, it'll be years and years before the PAF could ever plan to import 5th-gen fighters and UCAVs from China, and even when that time comes the only options available to them would be the FC-31 and CH-7, respectively. Not that they're lackluster systems, of course.
By the second half of this decade, China will be actively promoting FC-31 and unmanned UCAV to export customers. As a top tier ally, Pakistan will have access to certain platforms not available to other countries.

having 3 production aircraft does not mean you achieved IOC.

At the current pace, Russia will be buying advanced weaponry from China.
The Su-57 entered service in December 2020 as reported by TASS, and I'm sure by now we've all seen its combat debut in Syria, so the question is how many the RuAF is able to afford and at what pace, not whether or not the project will get done.

Pakistan will have access to certain platforms not available to other countries.
And this is based on what?

Besides, we are all online armchair generals anyway
Fellow Generals

giphy (1).gif

I go through it, but i am lazy to go again :( have some mercy on old man and tell me
It was discussed earlier that's all. Details of the radar and exact designation are unknown. And like I said it was always supposed to be an AESA radar since it is one of the key enhancements in what is J-10's block 3 (C version). And this was also announced as having an AESA radar in induction ceremony so we know that much.

Compare to J-10C deal, I think 5th gen fighter project of PAF will be affected by the choice of IAF. PAF needs quality to fight quantity.
There are several choices for IAF:AMCA,SU-57, SU-75, F-35.
If the Indian go for AMCA or SU-75, there is plenty of time to observe their progress and to choose the counter way.

Two squadrons will be stood up at least. Pakistan prefers some economy of scale so it may not be surprising if three squadrons end up being the final number.
Agree with you. I think once PAF decides to induct a project, it will induct enough to make it economically viable as well as strategically sound. 60 to 90 in various blocks is what we may be looking at.
An interesting thought is how this implies to subsequent production of JFT. Do we cap it at 188-200 or do we go on? What would be the reasons for capping production( possibly not for discussion on an open forum) and what would be the reasons for going on?
With 60 J10, 75 F16s and 200-250 JFT plus 50 Mirages we have a sound fleet of 4generation fighters plus mirages in a niche role of SOW delivery platform. The PAF has not been so well equipped for a long time ( possibly since the 80s).
A

1. Let the Pakistani members decide who are the traitors and who are the patriots themselves. People of Pakistan have different mindset and unique perspective from the Chinese. Right or wrong is not up to us to judge them, you can agree to disagree with their opinions but no need to be overbearing by calling out Pakistani members because their opinion is different from yours.

It's different from calling out Chinese members as you are Chinese yourself. 2. We as guests of the forum should respect that. How about follow China's policy of non interference on Pakistani internal matters. If they fancy more F-16, so be it.

There are certainly some people still have nostalgia feeling for F-16 and also wanted better relationship with the U.S due to personal interest or feel Pakistan should have a more balance relationship with both U.S and China. You might disagree with their decision but time will tell who is right and who is wrong.

Besides, we are all online armchair generals anyway, it's the Pak and Chinese government that matters at the end of the day. Don't be too serious, it's better to just enjoy and follow the military matters and give some delusional Indians a reality check once a while instead of picking fights with Pakistani members that is detrimental to both Pakistan and China as far as people's relation is concern.
thank you for this.
1. this is what is to be considered by "ALL" who are member here but belong to other countries and same applies to everyone even us Pakistanis.

2. this is what all must understand regardless of what status he or she bear on this forum.

regarding F-16s, i will only add we among us always have a heated debate on this issue and have different point of view,
when PAF isn't letting go of it, people here are also crazy about it for some reason.

Last edited:
Due to rampant housing societies including DHA we now need to import basic neccessities such as wheat (and other food items) in an agricultural country! Other factors exist but this is a major one. We are building DHA's, Bahria towns, other societies etc. so that we can starve our children but give them posh villas to live in.

Sorry for the :offpost: rant.
Been thinking to start topic on DHA, however airforce and navy also get their share of housing societies.

Seems like you are one of the beneficiary of the DHA housing. But here I want to know the Radar on J-10.
When you get to know about the J10 radar you will be satisfied right ? They should give you a Dha plot too, to satisfy you.

Guys … this is the PAF J-10C thread so please stop with this off-topic stuff like Su-57 IOC, Petrodollars or Petroyuan, Saudi and ICBM and J-20s from China!

@The Eagle
PL-15 can only be launched by an AESA equipped aircraft ?

Back
Top Bottom